[Q] problems google voice to text

Search This thread

mikeinstlouis

Dec 4, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Hey all
I have been having issues with my google voice to text that seems to have started recently.

The first issues is that when I use the google voice to text feature, it gets the whole sentence except for the last word or two..and I have to wait a good 10-15 seconds for that to pop up ...it is awful! Sometimes if I say the word twice it will pop right up, but not working very well now. With and without punctuation.

Also, when I send a text message, it repeats the whole thing! I will text a paragraph, hit send, and the whole paragraph will repopulate the text box a second time! I have to delete the whole message and it is a pain.

I am using stock galaxy s3 rom and swiftkey.

Any suggestions or can you direct me to the correct forum?

Thanks guys.

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Hey all
I have been having issues with my google voice to text that seems to have started recently.

The first issues is that when I use the google voice to text feature, it gets the whole sentence except for the last word or two..and I have to wait a good 10-15 seconds for that to pop up ...it is awful! Sometimes if I say the word twice it will pop right up, but not working very well now. With and without punctuation.

Also, when I send a text message, it repeats the whole thing! I will text a paragraph, hit send, and the whole paragraph will repopulate the text box a second time! I have to delete the whole message and it is a pain.

Thanks guys.

go into recovery and wipe system cache and check if that works

Higgs_Boson

Jul 7, 2012
I don't have a fix, but you're not alone with this issue. I don't have the repopulation issue, but it definitely hangs for a few seconds at the end of a sentence when I use the voice input.

I just tried clearing the data for the Google Search app, got it set back up, but no dice. I'll try clearing the cache in recovery.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Tried clearing the data in the Google Keyboard app, as well. That didn't help, so tried clearing the cache in recovery. That may have helped it by mere milliseconds, but it still hangs at the last word; especially with punctuation.

Last edited:

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

I don't have a fix, but you're not alone with this issue. I don't have the repopulation issue, but it definitely hangs for a few seconds at the end of a sentence when I use the voice input.

I just tried clearing the data for the Google Search app, got it set back up, but no dice. I'll try clearing the cache in recovery.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Tried clearing the data in the Google Keyboard app, as well. That didn't help, so tried clearing the cache in recovery. That may have helped it by mere milliseconds, but it still hangs at the last word; especially with punctuation.

i forgot to say try clearing Dalvik Cache as well if your on a custom recovery...idk if you can on the stock recovery tho

Higgs_Boson

Jul 7, 2012
i forgot to say try clearing Dalvik Cache as well if your on a custom recovery...idk if you can on the stock recovery tho

No dice. No improvements whatsoever. It could be code related, perhaps they'll work it out in a future build. Although, I'm not sure if it's in the Android source, or the Google Search app.

Or, I could be altogether wrong.

Last edited:

BigMcGuire

Nov 29, 2010
California
Hey all

Thanks guys.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have a relative with a Note 3 that has the same problem. The last word takes several seconds to appear and sometimes never appears. (But doesn't have the duplication issue).

Higgs_Boson

Jul 7, 2012
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have a relative with a Note 3 that has the same problem. The last word takes several seconds to appear and sometimes never appears. (But doesn't have the duplication issue).
I don't know as though there is anything that can be done on our end. If it's a multi-user, multi-device issue like this, it's likely code-related with Google's voice-to-text engine.

simpsonr

Oct 14, 2010
I'm having the same totally annoying issue on an LG G2. I'll dictate a sentence into Hangouts or whatever and every single time, the last word is missing. If I repeat the word, it shows up twice. Lame.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't know as though there is anything that can be done on our end. If it's a multi-user, multi-device issue like this, it's likely code-related with Google's voice-to-text engine.