Xperia x2 gps

Search This thread

ivan_pp

Jan 18, 2010
Hi Guys!

Does anybody have experience with X2 GPS.
I can't make it work with TomTom or iGO.
It works fine with Google and GPS Test, but TomTom and iGO say GPS not found.:mad:

Any ideas?

jogrr1989

Feb 13, 2009
What TOMTOM version do you use? In 7.9 there's an option called Other NMEA Receiver, when you select that it should detect your GPS automatically, and how long do you wait after selecting the device? Have you downloaded quickfix update?..sometimes it takes a while before it gets a signal..you can check if tomtom recognizes your GPS if the yellow/black ball is spinning at your GPS config

elpro

Aug 13, 2009
It seems that the Copilot live works properly. I have the same issue with TomTom and Igo. I tried to change SYS on Igo, forcing COM4 port but seems disconnected.
If you select in TomTom the other NMEA GPS and set up the UART Serial Port, seems that the GPS work but it disconect each second...

Any Ideas??

elpro

Aug 13, 2009
I installed the GpsGate 2.6 but once I start the phone, it seems that is working, but sometimes the apps crash and you need to restart the X2. I tried too in Safe Mode, but the result was negative.......... Some Idea??

elpro

Aug 13, 2009
I have the update applied too, but seems the app crash..... I have the battery level down now, I will try to restart the service once I finish the charge. Until the crash, the GpsGate and Nvigation software (TomTom and IGO) works properly.
Thanks....

ivan_pp

Jan 18, 2010
What TOMTOM version do you use? In 7.9 there's an option called Other NMEA Receiver, when you select that it should detect your GPS automatically, and how long do you wait after selecting the device? Have you downloaded quickfix update?..sometimes it takes a while before it gets a signal..you can check if tomtom recognizes your GPS if the yellow/black ball is spinning at your GPS config

Thx for the advise!
Yes, the version is 7.9 and I have tried both built-in GPS and Other NMEA Receiver (with proper COM port) - no success!
I have waited long enough - I tried with Google and it was OK, plus I know how long it may take - I was using same version of TomTon on HTC Diamond, so...

Thanks anyway.

ivan_pp

Jan 18, 2010
I installed the GpsGate 2.6 but once I start the phone, it seems that is working, but sometimes the apps crash and you need to restart the X2. I tried too in Safe Mode, but the result was negative.......... Some Idea??

I tried the GPSGate and it seems that this might be the solution BUT... You need to run it manualy (not to run after soft reset) - in this case it seems that it works. This applies to version 2.5 since this is what I have.

Will continue testing.

og33

Nov 2, 2008
igo8 on x2

to make igo8 work you have to edit sys.txt file

[device]
type="alias_xperia"

[gps]
source="virtserial"

good luck

bazsikar

Sep 24, 2008
I tried the GPSGate and it seems that this might be the solution BUT... You need to run it manualy (not to run after soft reset) - in this case it seems that it works. This applies to version 2.5 since this is what I have.

Will continue testing.

in settings -> advanced there is an option "Start GPSGate after soft reset"

ivan_pp

Jan 18, 2010
in settings -> advanced there is an option "Start GPSGate after soft reset"

This is exactly what I had in mind - you should not use this option. It seems that GPSGate runs before GPS device is available so it doesn't work.

Meanwhile I tried the settings posted by og33 - it worked perfect so THANKS!

marxbre

Mar 29, 2010
Problems with GPS - Continue

Hello.
We have problems with the GPS and any "navigator" (TomTom or iGo) I use the GPSGate and run ok for 10 minutes, in these moment the GPS shutdown and the "navigator" show the message "no GPS device detected". I need restart the mobile and run correctly again for ten minutes.....

Anybody could help me?

BR.

mathiosn

Dec 20, 2008
greece
Hello.
We have problems with the GPS and any "navigator" (TomTom or iGo) I use the GPSGate and run ok for 10 minutes, in these moment the GPS shutdown and the "navigator" show the message "no GPS device detected". I need restart the mobile and run correctly again for ten minutes.....

Anybody could help me?

BR.
download the file below and replace it in the program folder of igo it worked for me. with igo after that restart your phone. uninstall gpsgate

Attachments

• sys.TXT
    61 bytes · Views: 244

astm13

Dec 11, 2007
Also have an X2 with TomTom and GpsGate, and it loses signal after 10 minutes. That's very annoying because I don't have any other navigation software and my Tytn2 just died...
Anyone knows the gps comm port number on X2? I found a soft called PortSplitter that is similar to gpsgate, but needs to manually enter the comm port.

marxbre

Mar 29, 2010
Hello again.
I have copied the file in the igo folder and I continues with the problem, the situation is similar to "astm13", the connection with the GPS is lost 10 minutes after the "navigator" is running. Always 10 minutes.

Please help me!!!!

astm13

Dec 11, 2007
Try to change the input in GPS Gate : use WM GPS instead of GPD9. Seems to be working, I'll test during a long driving.

Edit : Just tried today during 2 hours, worked perfectly! Tomtom never lost the signal.

Last edited:

ToranagaSama

Feb 16, 2010
Hi All !

Does it make any difference where you put the code in the sys.txt for iGo8.

I have tried this and still no go. Google maps works perfectly, however iGo :(

any help is really appreciated. :confused::confused::confused:

ToranagaSama

Feb 16, 2010
Good news there may be a way to fix this.

Try the following: go to Settings / External GPS and from programs change the GPS program port to COM8.

For me that did the trick and now my iGo8 is working like a charm :)

I am using a X2 with official MR1 software installed.

If anything else comes up I'll post here

Top Liked Posts