[APP][1.6+] Balance update / USSD blocker

Search This thread

manju65

Jan 17, 2013
Hi mSobhy90,

I'll clean it up and put it on GitHub in a few days, I love open source!

In the interim, everything you need is here:

commandus.com/blog/?p=58
(You can translate it quite well with Google Translate)

I want to link to that post so the original finder of the hook point gets credit.

Bye,
Talkative

Hi Sriram,

A couple of features:

* Can you add an option to push a screen notification (non-popup -- the one which shows a small fadein-fadeout message at the bottom of the screen, used for example by rooted apps when they are granted permission?) That way you dont get annoying popups you have to click, but are also informed of the balance.
* Any reason you have limited the log to 25? These hardly take up any space, and can log to infinity -- thus also becoming a general purpose ussd logger.

Await the release on github!

er.jaldip

Jan 18, 2013
I have followed all steps but it's not working for me.
Could you please help me.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium

Etrnlwanderer

May 6, 2008
Cochin
Doesnt seem to work for me on BSNL network ( India) on my Samsung S4 (GT-I9500) to stop pop up alerts for data usage
Added keywords from the pop ups, and restarted the phone, but still the pop ups keep showing up.
OS version: Android 4.2.2

Any help to solve this, please? :)

slimspook

Nov 6, 2011
Hi Sriram,

A couple of features:

* Can you add an option to push a screen notification (non-popup -- the one which shows a small fadein-fadeout message at the bottom of the screen, used for example by rooted apps when they are granted permission?) That way you dont get annoying popups you have to click, but are also informed of the balance.
* Any reason you have limited the log to 25? These hardly take up any space, and can log to infinity -- thus also becoming a general purpose ussd logger.

Await the release on github!

I second the idea of a Flash popup to still notify you. But perhaps this could also be done by a Tasker profile? I'm on postpaid now and don't get these messages to test anything, but I do know that Tasker can pop up flash messages. Hopefully it also has a USSD monitoring variable or something.

Doesnt seem to work for me on BSNL network ( India) on my Samsung S4 (GT-I9500) to stop pop up alerts for data usage
Added keywords from the pop ups, and restarted the phone, but still the pop ups keep showing up.
OS version: Android 4.2.2

Any help to solve this, please? :)

The Play Store app info states that the app doesn't work with 4.2.2. Google removed certain API's apparently. And that's very unfortunate. I hope the developer can find an alternative mechanism to make this work again.

arana1

Oct 27, 2011
Redmi Note 9
I second the idea of a Flash popup to still notify you. But perhaps this could also be done by a Tasker profile? I'm on postpaid now and don't get these messages to test anything, but I do know that Tasker can pop up flash messages. Hopefully it also has a USSD monitoring variable or something.

The Play Store app info states that the app doesn't work with 4.2.2. Google removed certain API's apparently. And that's very unfortunate. I hope the developer can find an alternative mechanism to make this work again.
@talkative
i hope an alternative exists for rhis, maybe using something like xposed framework?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Folks,

Some carriers send a USSD balance update message after each call, and sometimes after each data session on prepaid plans. This is very annoying, and SMS blockers won't stop these USSD messages.

I wrote an app to block USSD messages by keywords or regex. Works well for me in blocking my carrier's balance update messages.

My first android app, so please let me know if I can do something better.

Credits to commandus.com/blog/?p=58 for showing how to intercept these messages using the undocumented hook.

App is "com.melkote.quietbalance" on Google App Store. The v1.0 of the app is also attached to this post.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.melkote.quietbalance
    Hi Folks,

Some carriers send a USSD balance update message after each call, and sometimes after each data session on prepaid plans. This is very annoying, and SMS blockers won't stop these USSD messages.

I wrote an app to block USSD messages by keywords or regex. Works well for me in blocking my carrier's balance update messages.

My first android app, so please let me know if I can do something better.

Credits to commandus.com/blog/?p=58 for showing how to intercept these messages using the undocumented hook.

App is "com.melkote.quietbalance" on Google App Store. The v1.0 of the app is also attached to this post.

isn't working :(
    Using galaxy s2 (AOKP 1CS ) If that matters.
    I selected keyword and its not blocking ....
    Edit: working, my bad didn't restart.thanks it's what i was looking for :)
    @talkative
    i hope an alternative exists for rhis, maybe using something like xposed framework?

Since, this app is no longer maintained and working on 4.2+, I created an alternative using xposed.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2603487
    Hi mSobhy90,

I'll clean it up and put it on GitHub in a few days, I love open source!

In the interim, everything you need is here:

commandus.com/blog/?p=58
    (You can translate it quite well with Google Translate)

I want to link to that post so the original finder of the hook point gets credit.

Bye,
    Talkative