SOLVED: Stuck in fastboot with low battery. Use this BATCH file!

Search This thread

mtumnene

May 24, 2012
erm on the fastboot menu pressing the volume button down till it says recovery then pressing the power button to try and access it (do i need to flash anything else before i flash cwm i must be doing something wrong)

gloscherrybomb

Nov 8, 2010
Thanks for this, I was get worried for a bit!

When I get to 3600 it only goes up very slowly, up by 1 volt, down by 1 volt, up by 2 volts etc. Think it will get there eventually though.

mtumnene

May 24, 2012
so do you have any other advice i should take before i throw the brick in the bin!

Last edited:

Geezer

May 24, 2005
Warsaw
Not working very well its charging so slowly that this will take weeks if not months...

The HOX is not ment to be charged from USB - much slower process then from the wall - but you cannot run the .bat if connected to the power adapter ! (catch 22)
I left mine bricked HOX overnight connected to original charger and it was not charged in the morning ! This stupid overheating module by HTC prevents it to fully charge - the screen always ON so no wonder it discharges faster then charges.
On top of the trouble - a non-removable battery ! :mad:
Also I've heard USB leads of poor quality and longer than 1.5m make the charging painful & longer.

I wish I stayed with my HD2 :crying:

P.S.
Better use Notepad++ to create .batch file - changing file extension does not make the trick.

P.S.2
The "Power Down" feature in Fastboot does not work. The phone reboots and with the screen ON consumes that precious voltage needed to unbrick...

3700 mV proves not enough for me.
RUU fails (bat below 30% error)
fastboot flash boot boot_signed.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fail as well (write error)

Last edited:

_ice_man_

Jul 17, 2012
The HOX is not ment to be charged from USB - much slower process then from the wall - but you cannot run the .bat if connected to the power adapter ! (catch 22)
I left mine bricked HOX overnight connected to original charger and it was not charged in the morning ! This stupid overheating module by HTC prevents it to fully charge - the screen always ON so no wonder it discharges faster then charges.
Also I've heard USB leads of poor quality and longer than 1.5m make the charging painful & longer.

P.S.
Better use Notepad++ to create .batch file - changing file extension does not make the trick.

P.S.2
The "Power Down" feature in Fastboot does not work. The phone reboots and with the screen ON consumes that precious voltage needed to unbrick...

This happend to my friend also when he tried to install the new viper rom. And he is an experienced android user. He just could not charge it enough to do a clean stock rom install(endless bootloop). So he gave the phone to htc service center and they told him that he somehow managed to fry the flash chip on the phones motherboard if he explained it correctly to me, so he had to pay for another motherboard which is roughly 60% of the phones value. Thats what he told me anyway.Plus they told him also that if he didnt fry the chip the only way to charge the phone is in the service center.There is no other way. For anyone who did the oem lock and doesnt have enough battery all is lost.You have to go to htc and you will pay.

floepie

Feb 28, 2006
Amsterdam

P.S.

P.S.2

What are you babbling about? You clearly don't have an understanding why I mentioned the script, nor it seems do you have it working properly.
You ONLY need this script to charge it to about 3.68 V (about 10%) to re-unlock the bootloader if you have locked the bootloader with a custom recovery and a custom ROM and a very low battery. The script works by power cycling you phone every 8 seconds or so. The screen turns ON and OFF every 8 seconds, and because the screen is OFF sufficiently long, the phone can be charged up to 3.68V, enough to re-unlock the bootloader. Only then do you have access to the custom recovery from fastboot and recharge as normally while in recovery. THEN, you can do whatever you want with it.

P.S. To get your phone to about 10% (3.68 V) should take less than an hour. Then, you can re-unlock the bootloader and charge while your screen is OFF in recovery.

Last edited:

Geezer

May 24, 2005
Warsaw
AN UPDATE FOR ALL FELLOW BRICKED HOX OWNERS ! :)

I've successfully unbricked my phone !!! The main problem was after rooting I had an old version of recovery - clockwork-touch-5.8.2.7-endeavoru
which did not allow for battery charging. The process to get it charged over the magic 3680 mV took me 2 days :(

The rescue for me was to run Fastboot-battery-recharge.bat all night long. The battery voltage went up to 3903 mV (did not want to go any higher).
Then I re-locked bootloader and tried to run RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.29.401.11_Radio_1.1204.105.14_release_260491_signed (what a fool of me !) which failed with ERROR 131 (couldn't find stock ROM 1.29.401 for T-Mobile PL)

So I decided to flash the newest recovery - 5.8.4.0 to give me at least that improved charging...I also unlocked the bootloader again.

Then suddenly I realized I COULD GET ACCESS TO MY SD CARD by using this feature ->>> mount USB storage !!!

This is not communicated in any of the disaster recovery guides ! I always thought without a zipaligned ROM sitting in my SD and without the possibility of accessing the SD (non-removable in One X) I was doomed and needed to try the RUU method !

Reactions: dilster97

lamenramen

Jul 19, 2011
This thread should be a STICKY AND PINNED UP TOP EVERYWHERE, with probably even more detailed instructions for how to create a .bat script.

Cut and copy the following text into notepad. Notepad is an app that all Windows computers come with (it's in accessories in Windows 7).

" @echo off
:start
fastboot getvar battery-voltage

fastboot reboot-bootloader

ping /n 6 localhost >nul

goto start
"

(Make sure that you include the quotation marks). Go into the same folder that you have the fastboot command located in and save this file. If you do not know what/where fastboot is, now is the time to google around and figure out what it is. Go ahead, go do it, I'll wait.
Now, make sure to save this open Notepad file that you have just copied and pasted the code for the batch file as "all files" and not the default .txt type in the dialog box. Save it as charge.bat
Then go into the folder where you saved the file charge.bat.
Connect your dead htc one x. Double click on "charge.bat" and it will work.

Please know that .bat files work on Windows systems. So if you're using a mac, or linux, this method is not going to work.
It DOES WORK through parallels or a vmware solution on a mac.

Once the voltage is high enough, switch over to a main charger and charge this puppy dog up again and vow never again to let the phone go to such levels when you are actively flashing roms, etc.
It took me about 200 restarts before the voltage was up high enough. It took about 1 hour.

Last edited:

TobyJamesJoy

Jul 20, 2012
i made a shell script that should do the same thing for linux users, i haven't tested it on OS X or any other *nix OS but feel free to try!

just make sure it's in the same folder as your fastboot command

Code:
 #!/bin/sh
while true
do
./fastboot getvar battery-voltage
./fastboot reboot-bootloader
sleep 5
done

nikolasokol

Feb 21, 2011
Varaždin
HTC U12+
Hi,
im stuck with old cwm and i can't charge my one x.
I have unlocked bootloader, nandroid backup of stock rom, but i can't boot because of different boot.img.
can i charge my one x with this script, so i can flash new cwm recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.4.0-endeavoru?
Please help.
I can go to fastboot and recovery, and that's all.

EDIT:
when i run bat file, my voltage goes down, in begining it was 3551 and after few reboots it's 3517

Last edited:

Amicushia

Jan 26, 2011
Zutphen
My voltage is going down instead. Any solutions?

Maybe a bit late reaction but try a different pc/notebook. I had to try it on 3 different notebooks before it charged mine.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Hi,
im stuck with old cwm and i can't charge my one x.
I have unlocked bootloader, nandroid backup of stock rom, but i can't boot because of different boot.img.
can i charge my one x with this script, so i can flash new cwm recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.4.0-endeavoru?
Please help.
I can go to fastboot and recovery, and that's all.

EDIT:
when i run bat file, my voltage goes down, in begining it was 3551 and after few reboots it's 3517

Same applies to you. Try a different pc. Mine.charged when I plugged it into my girlfriend her Dell laptop. When using a desktop pc try to plug it into the usbport at the back (directly on the motherboard).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: nikolasokol

nikolasokol

Feb 21, 2011
Varaždin
HTC U12+
Maybe a bit late reaction but try a different pc/notebook. I had to try it on 3 different notebooks before it charged mine.

Hope this helps!

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Same applies to you. Try a different pc. Mine.charged when I plugged it into my girlfriend her Dell laptop. When using a desktop pc try to plug it into the usbport at the back (directly on the motherboard).

Hope this helps.

It seems that back usb works :) for now
what voltage is good for flashing new recovery through fastboot?
What is the impact on screen and phone, because they power on and off ?
And if this won't work, can i contact you on PM, or Skype? because i have all busines contacts on one x, and 1000 important images...
And i don't have access to facebook because after login fb send code to my one x :p
And i can't put sim to another phone because it is mSIM

EDIT:
It works, thank you, thank you thakn you, million times thank you :))) i flashed new recovery, even new boot.img, and even new rom :) thank you again

Last edited:
Reactions: rerem8433

darkslayn

Nov 11, 2007
Hello, I having a similar problem with my Hox, one thing that help me to charge the battery is to use a car charger that provides more amperes, but the problem rightnow is that this is the only way to charge my phone, when I use a normal charger, the bat keeps with the same charge not increase it, does anyone know how to fix it?

vitrum202

May 24, 2010
Napoli
Xiaomi 12 Pro
guyz i have a problem with this exploit: i charged the phone enough to flash last cwm, but using "adb shell cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity" and "adb shell cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/status", it tells me that is charging, phone is at 66%, but ruu give me error of low battery, and soon after i boot recovery and tells me that battery is at 10%... mounting usb storage my phone folder is empty... any suggestion?
i bought this phone yesterday :S
ty
edit:
-flashed twrp recovery with all in one program. in this recovery u can power off the device, and finally it charged enough for RUU after 3 hours.
so:
1. use script to unlock bootloader and flash twrp recovery
2. boot in recovery and power off device
3. charge it for 2 h
4. flash stock recovery and boot.img from ruu
5. relock oem
6. run ruu
7. UNBRICKED :D

ty all

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have a problem when you have ALL of the following conditions met:

1. Your battery level is below 3.68 V (3680 mV) (about 10% charged).
    2. You have a custom recovery on the recovery partition AND a custom ROM on the system partition.
    3. You have just re-locked your bootloader and you can't re-unlock it because your battery is too low (less than 10%).

Here's the problem: If you want to use a RUU, you need about 30% battery. But, if you have less than that, you need to charge it. But the problem is, you can't charge it because you can't boot your phone into either recovery or the ROM itself in order to accept a charge. A re-locked bootloader will NOT allow you to boot either into the custom recovery or the custom ROM. And, you cannot charge your phone in fastboot. Additionally, you cannot re-unlock your bootloader because your phone has even less than 10% charge (3.68 V). If you have between 10% and 30%, then simply re-unlock your bootloader and boot into recovery and charge as normal to a level somewhere above 30% if you want to flash an RUU. But, if your battery is below 10%, then you will need to bring it back above 10% with the script below.

So you need the following script which power cycles your phone repeatedly in order to turn off your screen long enough to accept a charge. Once you reach 3.68 V, which is 10% charge, you're through the woods, so to speak, as you can then, re-unlock your bootloader.

Run the following script as a batch file while your phone is in USB fastboot mode.

Here is the script:
    Code:
    " @echo off

ping /n 6 localhost >nul

goto start
    "
    SOLVED!

This little bad boy of a batch file saved my life. I was in a situation where my phone had a custom ROM with a re-locked bootloader and a low battery. The battery cannot be charged while in fastboot, and there was too little charge to re-unlock the bootloader. If you have a custom ROM with a custom recovery (CWM) and a locked bootloader, you cannot get into recovery.

In any case, if you create a batch file with the following contents, you can make your phone continually boot indefinitely, which allows the screen to be off sufficiently long enough between boots that the battery begins to charge. And, when voltage apparently approaches 3.68V, you have enough charge to re-unlock the bootloader and charge normally without the phone's screen in fastboot continually on.

" @echo off

ping /n 6 localhost >nul

goto start
    "

Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1643483
    There you go. Change the extension to *.bat from *.txt
    i made a shell script that should do the same thing for linux users, i haven't tested it on OS X or any other *nix OS but feel free to try!

just make sure it's in the same folder as your fastboot command

Code:
     #!/bin/sh
    while true
    do
    ./fastboot getvar battery-voltage
    ./fastboot reboot-bootloader
    sleep 5
    done
    To make things simple I've included a bat and adb files etc. Just unzip this file and double-click "flatbattery.bat"

And many many thanks OP. You're advice is currently rescuing my HOX :good: