Samsung MHL to HDMI Adapter not working??

Search This thread

Galaxy S3 Lover

May 29, 2012
Hello guys, I registered in this forum hoping to find a solution for the problem I have.

I bought an original Samsung HDTV Adapter (Micro USB type) to use it to connect my new Galaxy S3 to my LCD Samsung TV via HDMI cable, BUT IT DOESN’T WORK !!

I checked the same adapter with a Galaxy Nexus and it worked just fine, but I had no luck to get it work with Galaxy S3. Any reason for that?

Please help. Thank you!

Tachikoma_kun

Jan 16, 2009
Wales
The settings might be in the AllShare application or something like that, most phone's with TV-Out don't have it enabled by default as you have to choose PAL/NTSC/etc. I'm just guessing based on my SGS1 though, I don't have my SGS3 yet.

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Damn, this is a bit of a major for me! I hope this isn't a case of Samsung not including MHL to sell more of their AllShare Cast dongles...

mydoom5

Aug 28, 2010
Lisboa
This is a major letdown. I've also bought a MHL adapter to use with my (delayed pebble blue -.- ) SIII, didn't expect this to happen.

Anyone else has tried connecting the phone through hdmi?

Galaxy S3 Lover

May 29, 2012
That’s really frustrating!! I guess I figured it out and it doesn’t look nice from Samsung.

I found this accessory online which is yet to be released and compatible with the S3:

Part No: EPL-3FHUBEGSTD (sorry I cant post links as im a new user and the system wont allow me, u will be able to find that part in MobileFun site )

The same older model won’t work !! it’s the same device though with an older version. Here is the old model part no. which is available in market now:

Part No: EIA1UHUNBECSTD (u can search it in the same site “MobileFun”)

So if you have your old HDTV Adapter, I guess you can’t use it with the S3. That’s BAD Samsung, really BAD :mad:

Anyway, if any 1 can figure a way to make the older model work with the S3 please post it here, as im not eager to buy a second HDTV Adapter :(:mad::(

Last edited:

llcooljazz

Jan 22, 2010
Hi

I tried my old Bizlink with my S3 - it definitely does not work. Apparently only the new cable (EPL-3FHUBEGSTD) will work.

MobileFun expect their new HDTV adaptors on Friday.

Reactions: Thomas W.

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Well, this is annoying. My old Samsung official MHL one doesn't work, and neither does my prototype one from the MHL consortium. Would like to know how Samsung explain messing up a connection standard?

My speculation: they have changed it so that the adapter delivers more charge to the S3 during MHL connection sessions...

Last edited:

Galaxy S3 Lover

May 29, 2012
Well, this is annoying. My old Samsung official MHL one doesn't work, and neither does my prototype one from the MHL consortium. Would like to know how Samsung explain messing up a connection standard?

My speculation: they have changed it so that the adapter delivers more charge to the S3 during MHL connection sessions...

Thats what i thought also !! Samsung must have changed the power requirement for the newer model. Its very annoying from Samsung i agree.

Last edited:

Toss3

May 13, 2008
Stockholm
Got a confirmation from Samsung that the MHL adapter sold for the SGS2 won't work for the SGS3. They didn't mention whether they would release a new one, but I assume they will.

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Do you guys think the ebay version will work? Theres a few on there and they say they work with sgs3

They won't work. They will have said that in anticipation of them working (which is entirely fair enough on their part, since, you know, MHL is a connections standard that Samsung seem to have messed up).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That’s really frustrating!! I guess I figured it out and it doesn’t look nice from Samsung.

I found this accessory online which is yet to be released and compatible with the S3:

Part No: EPL-3FHUBEGSTD (sorry I cant post links as im a new user and the system wont allow me, u will be able to find that part in MobileFun site )

The same older model won’t work !! it’s the same device though with an older version. Here is the old model part no. which is available in market now:

Part No: EIA1UHUNBECSTD (u can search it in the same site “MobileFun”)

So if you have your old HDTV Adapter, I guess you can’t use it with the S3. That’s BAD Samsung, really BAD :mad:

Anyway, if any 1 can figure a way to make the older model work with the S3 please post it here, as im not eager to buy a second HDTV Adapter :(:mad::(
    mhl cable

just got off phone with sammy, they told me that the s3 has more pins in its connector and that a new cable is in production, this is to give it a better screen quality, because i dont know if you noticed but the last cable on the s2 was shocking, kept flickering and what not, anyhow this new cable has better charging abilities and crisper screen, there is no known date for the official release as yet as i was told. but sammy said either purchase the allshare dongle in the mean time (yeah right) or get an unofficial cable if available at your own risk. :eek:
    Anyone know the difference between EPL-3FHUBEGSTD vs EPL-3FHUBEGSTA vs EPL-3FHUBE?
    I'm guessing it's the regions code.
    I currently have the EPL-3FHUBE and I am experiencing alot of screen flickers when watching hd movies.

From my own notes:

* EPL-3FHUBEGSTA is the 11-pin cable.
    * ETC-EIA2BEGSTA is the 5-pin cable with the 11-pin adapter tip.
    * EPL-FU10BEBSTD is the 11-pin adapter tip.

I'm not sure what the diff is between GSTA and GSTD. Only big diff I see on Samsung's site is the write up saying one is universal 11pin and one is for the S3.

EPL-3FHUBE is probably the base details.
    Some info that might help someone using these awful adapters, yes even the official ones.

Got hold of an official S4 HDTV adapter to replace my official S3 adapter (which failed, overheated and I don't trust). Put my phone into airplane mode to avoid interference and connected up... Worked for about 3 seconds and then it refused to work despite cycling the power and plugging/unplugging connections in different orders.

Fix was to connect everything up, power up the adapter and put the TV onto the correct HDMI channel, then turn TV off and back on. Finally the adapter and TV did the correct handshake and it works.

My TV is 8 years old now and only accepts 720p or 1080i so perhaps the adapter can be confused and wanted to output an unsupported signal.