[STOCK ROM] Lenovo P780 Official Stock + Vibe ROM's & Guides

Which Official Stock ROM do you prefer / like?

• Stock ROW based

Votes: 94 56.3%
  • Stock China based

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Vibe UI (China based)

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Custom ROM (MIUI, Lewa, SLX etc.)

Votes: 56 33.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

soralz

Apr 6, 2013
Taipei
Lenovo P780 Official Stock + Vibe ROM's & Guides

DISCLAIMER:
*Your warranty is now void, BUT will regain if you flash back the proper stock ROM.
*What you done to your phone is at your OWN RISK, you choose to do this modifications to your phone and don't blame me if anything goes wrong.

Preface:
Hi guys, I created this topic in order to help those who has difficulty finding stock ROM's for their P780. Plus I will tell you some info some precaution before you try flashing custom ROM's. -For All You Need Thread- :victory:

**I no longer own this phone, but I will still update this thread regularly. Still a power beast though :p

First thing first, before you download the ROM's please give me a :good: and read through my explanation about P780 ROM's ok?

All right, so you guys know P780 have shipped with 2 version, which is China version and International (ROW) version, and the P780 can use both version of ROM's vice-versa. (Alternatively, you can flash Vibe ROM as well. Its a stock ROM from Official China Lenovo.) Well, so what's the difference between China ROM's and International ROM's?

ROM [4GB]:

China ROM release history:
Does not include majority of Google apps, such as Play Store, Play Music, Search etc, but have many China bloatwares. Includes some useful features such as volume rocker wake. And only available in English & Chinese language. Other than that, it's just as same as the ROW version.
4GB partitioned as Data 2.5GB, Media 1GB
Available Versions are:
  • P780_S125_130529
  • P780_S129_130710
  • P780_S308_130814
  • P780_S135_300917

International ROM release history:
Includes Google apps, and it's multilingual, no China bloatwares, no extra features such as volume rocker wake but still got those free apps like Camscanner etc. Other than that, it's just as same as the China version. ROW - Rest Of World
4GB partitioned as Data 2.1GB, Media 1.4GB
Available Versions are:
  • P780_ROW_S110_130629
  • P780_ROW_S116_130828
  • P780_ROW_S119_300913
  • P780_ROW_S123_131231
  • P780_ROW_S124_140403

Vibe ROM
China based, does not include majority of Google apps, such as Play Store, Play Music, Search etc, but have many China bloatwares. Includes some useful features such as volume rocker wake. And only available in English & Chinese language. Refined UI. Read more at post #2.

According to some sources, China and ROW version have different type of baseband file which will affect your mobile's reception signal.

Recovery [4GB]:
Please note that China and ROW uses different type recovery, flashing wrong version will causes bootloop.
China
CWM version is 6.0.2.8
CTR - CWM based version 6.0.4.4

ROW
CWM version is 6.0.1.5
TWRP version is 2.6.3.0

Downloads Link Below

Warning: Do not flash for 4GB devices mod on 8GB devices or 8GB devices mod on 4GB devices, will causes bootloop and IMEI problems etc.

Booting Modes:
Power + Vol UP = Factory mode, which test, diagnostics, the device & phone info. (but it is in chinese)
Power + Vol DOWN = Meta mode, Mediatek specific mode, which used to perform some NAND alternative flashing process such as re-writing IMEI
Power + Vol UP + DOWN = Recovery mode.
Phone OFF + Connect USB Cable, SP flash mode.

Warning, this is really important for whom intended to flash custom ROM's, please read.
In XDA, there aren't many Custom ROM's available for our P780, but at the site needrom.com does have 10+ available ROM's at the moment, but many of it doesn't meant to flash over ROW version of base ROM, direct flashing custom ROM without changing your base ROM will result in soft-brick, which means boot-loop and the most common one is No IMEI, No baseband. This is an serious issue because No IMEI, No baseband will result your phone converted to an Android OS version of AndroidPod, because you can't make calls, SMS and data etc. If you didn't backup your IMEI and baseband before you flash custom ROM will result in PERMANENT SOFT-BRICK, the solution was to send back to service center for servicing. *Just like my phone, you wouldn't want that.

EDIT: Good news, my new discovery. Not permanent soft brick anymore, refer here if you want to revive your phone. :victory:

For current custom ROM's available on other sources please visit:
http://www.needrom.com/phone-roms/lenovo/serial-p/p780/

ALWAYS make a full backup before modding your phone, please visit here and read post #3 and follow all the steps.

Additional Backup Insurance:
  • Backup IMEI using MobileUncleTools
  • Backup entire whole stock ROM using CWM/TWRP

Alright now you are assured, good luck on flashing. :)

For flashing a stock ROM over PC, you will need SP Flash Tool and drivers to do that, for instruction, download links for the SP Flash Tool and custom stock ROM, please visit here and give @satanduck a :good:.

Note:
@satanduck ROM's already pre-rooted, debloated and have TWRP recovery installed by default.

Rooting:
  • You can use Framaroot to root your phone and choose Barahir exploit. (Only works on Stock ROM)
  • For custom ROM such as Vibe ROM, please use vRoot to root your phone. (Works on any ROM)
  • If you have CWM installed, you can flash this zip. (Works on any ROM)

Repartitioning (4GB only):
Repartition to 2.5, 3, 3.5GB for /data partition.
ROW based - Link.
China based - (removed, because not working)

Battery Graph:
on stock rom, doesnt matter which stock, row/chinese based or vibe based the battery option is hidden. All you have to do is; Download Dashclock and then Dashclock Battery Extension , customize your widget on your homescreen with the battery thingie, and then just tap the battery icon on the widget, it will bring to you the stock battery app

Language Changer for China Based ROM:
*It will not change all System UI / Apps language because of some limitations.
Locale&Language : Set language Playstore removed, but I still have the *.apk.

Fix Caller ID mismatch, no Advanced Developer Mode etc & mods:
Download Gravity Box.

Note:
Strongly NOT recommended that you do OTA updates if the phone is rooted, modded or have custom recovery. It will possibly crashes your phone and causes your phone bootloop.

Downloads:
Official Unmodified Stock ROM's:
[4GB]
China:
P780_S125_130529
P780_S129_130710
S135 *Unavailable

ROW:
P780_ROW_S110_130629
P780_ROW_S116_130828
P780_ROW_S123_131231
S124 *Unavailable, please update via S123 OTA

[8GB]
Visit here.

Recovery's [4GB]:
Not flashable, extract and install it using MobileUncleTools.
China
CWM 6.0.2.8

ROW
CWM 6.0.1.5
TWRP 2.6.3.0

Carliv Touch - Includes both China and ROW based, select the proper recovery before flashing. (Also flashable by SP Flash Tool)
CTR 6.0.4.4 (Not tested by me) ~ Credits to @BesFen

**Please inform me if the links are dead, will try to re-upload for you guys. :D

Last edited:

soralz

Apr 6, 2013
Taipei
Official Stock Custom Vibe ROM for P780

The "Official Stock Custom Vibe ROM" is almost stable without bugs. Tested on 4GB P780, unsure will it works on 8GB version or not, if anyone tested let me know :).

Screenshots:
**Sorry none, as I don't own this phone already.

V1.5 4.4.2 KitKat screenshot:
QQ%25E5%259B%25BE%25E7%2589%258720140417210032.jpg

More screenshot here.

AGAIN... DISCLAIMER:
*Your warranty is probably void although it is official stock custom ROM from Lenovo, because your local phone dealer might not accept those customizations.
*What you done to your phone is at your OWN RISK, you choose to do this modifications to your phone and don't blame me if anything goes wrong.

Note:
Well, from official Vibe ROM website, it claimed that you can flash directly in stock Android recovery. However, if anyone willing to try let me know whether does it work or not. Below is the method I used when I am flashing Vibe ROM. But still, it is because those are China based ROM, so if you are on International ROW ROM, I still suggest you change base before flashing.

Installing ROM:
Coming from ROW ROM proceed with 1st step.
Coming from China ROM proceed with 4th step. Make a backup if necessary.

1. Turn On USB Debugging mode (ask Uncle Google if you don’t know how to do it)
2. Backup everything with MTKDroidTools IMPORTANT, DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Read here post #3.
3. Flash any China based ROM S125 (Stock or @satanduck ROM) and above with SP Flash Tool (post #1)
4a. Boot into the China ROM you’ve flashed (Let the ROM at least clean boot once)
4b. OR you can skip to the 7th step in stock recovery and flash Vibe ROM, BUT it's not recommended because you probably cannot flash SuperSU zip or Gapps in the stock recovery, unless you want to have a clean, unrooted device)
4.5 (If the ROM is not rooted then you should root it first before installing MobileUncleTools
5. Install MobileUncleTools (post #1)
6. Flash CWM 6.0.2.8 (post #1)
In CWM
7. Install Vibe ROM
8. Install Gapps
9. Install SuperSU
10. Wipe data/cache (Factory Reset) and reboot. Done
*OTA updates are AVAILABLE if your phone is not rooted, modded or have custom recovery etc.

Rooting:
  • Framaroot DOES NOT work on Vibe ROM.
Credits to @Chainfire for the rooting solution. Thanks to him. :victory:

Note:
Strongly NOT recommended that you do OTA updates if the phone is rooted, modded or have custom recovery. It will possibly crashes your phone and causes your phone bootloop.

Downloads:
Lenovo P780 Vibe UI | Mirror
Current Version:
Stable: P780_VIBEUI_V1.5_1423_9_ST (2014-6-5)
Developer: VIBEUI_V1.5_1421_DEV_P780 (2014-5-22)
*Choose the 2nd one(稳定版下载)to download which is stable version, the 3rd one(开发板下载)is developer version.
**For changelog, please click the mirror link to view.

Vibe UI V1.5 download:
Stable:
Vibe UI V1.5 1419 DEV | Mirror

Vibe UI Website

Last edited:

stakou

Feb 29, 2008
N/A
-Lenovo P780 Stock ROM's & Guides-

[4GB Version]

China ROM:
Does not include majority of Google apps, such as Play Store, Play Music, Search etc. And only available in English & Chinese language. Other than that, it's just as same as the ROW version.
Current Available Versions are:
  • P780_S125_130529
  • P780_S129_130710
  • P780_S308_130814
  • P780_S135_300917

International ROM:
Includes Google apps, and it's multilingual. Other than that, it's just as same as the China version.
  • P780_ROW_S110_130629
  • P780_ROW_S116_130828
  • P780_ROW_S119_300913
  • P780_ROW_S123_131231

According to some sources, China and ROW version have different type of baseband file which will affect your mobile's reception signal.

[...
QUESTION:
Is Vibe ROM a stock rom provided from LENOVO because I am confused. If yes how can you get that?

Reactions: zainal2adidin

satanduck

Apr 10, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi, nice initiative!

However I feel compelled to tell you that ROW and Chinese base has quite different partitioning layout, not just simply having different language and apps. As a result :

1) Custom recoveries are different
2) Re-partitioning tools are different

Failing to observe this may result in softbrick.

However when you flash from Flash Tool u flash also the partition layout. If you flash from recovery, some ROMs come with it (i.e. official vibe seems to) some don't.

Also worth noting before flashing any custom ROM is the factory ROM that came with the phone, if its ROW it may work better with ROW based radios, even if u do change base in the end.

Keep up the good work!

Reactions: MARIUSEON

spock81

Apr 2, 2013
Difference Between 4gb & 8gb

-Lenovo P780 Stock ROM's & Guides-

Hi guys, I created this topic in order to help those who has difficulty finding stock ROM's for their P780. Plus I will tell you some info some precaution before you try flashing custom ROM's. -For All You Need Thread- :victory:

DISCLAIMER: What you done to your phone is at your OWN RISK, you choose to do this modifications to your phone and don't blame me if anything goes wrong.

First thing first, before you download the ROM's please give me a :good: and read through my explanation about P780 ROM's ok?

All right, so you guys know P780 have 2 version, which is China version and International (ROW) version, and the P780 can use both version of ROM's vice-versa. Well, so what's the difference between China ROM's and International ROM's?

[4GB Version]

China ROM:
Does not include majority of Google apps, such as Play Store, Play Music, Search etc. And only available in English & Chinese language. Other than that, it's just as same as the ROW version.
Current Available Versions are:
  • P780_S125_130529
  • P780_S129_130710
  • P780_S308_130814
  • P780_S135_300917

International ROM:
Includes Google apps, and it's multilingual. Other than that, it's just as same as the China version.
  • P780_ROW_S110_130629
  • P780_ROW_S116_130828
  • P780_ROW_S119_300913
  • P780_ROW_S123_131231

Warning: Do not flash for 4GB devices ROM on 8GB devices or 8GB devices ROM on 4GB devices

Warning, this is really important for whom intended to flash custom ROM's, please read.
In XDA, there aren't many Custom ROM's available for our P780, but at the site needrom.com does have 10+ available ROM's at the moment, but many of it doesn't meant to flash over ROW version of base ROM, direct flashing custom ROM without changing your base ROM will result in soft-brick, which means boot-loop and the most common one is No IMEI, No baseband. This is an serious issue because No IMEI, No baseband will result your phone converted to an Android OS version of iPod, because you can't make calls, SMS and data etc. If you didn't backup your IMEI and baseband before you flash custom ROM will result in PERMANENT SOFT-BRICK, the solution was to send back to service center for servicing. *Just like my phone, you wouldn't want that.

For current custom ROM's available please visit:

Personally, I am not recommended that you flash custom ROM. It is because the risk of soft-bricking it is high, unless you are really curious / hand itchy to do so. Else a Xposed mod will be enough.

Still wanna go on a flash :confused: Then you should make a full backup, please visit here and read post #3 and follow all the steps.

For flashing a stock ROM over PC, you will need SP Flash Tool and drivers, for instruction, download links for the SP Flash Tool and custom stock ROM, please visit here and give @satanduck a :good:.

Note:
@satanduck ROM's already pre-rooted, debloated and have TWRP recovery installed by default.

Rooting:
You can use Framaroot to root your phone and choose Barahir exploit.

Recovery:
Current CWM version is 6.0.1.5
Current TWRP version is 2.6.3.0
Downloads Link Below

Note: Flash it using MobileUncleTools.

Repartitioning:
Download and read this guide carefully.

Downloads:
[4GB]
China:
-None ATM- :(

ROW:
P780_ROW_S123_131231

[8GB]
-None ATM- :(

Recovery's:
CWM 6.0.1.5
TWRP 2.6.3.0

Hello can you clarify something for me please can you get the 8gb version in black or is it only white? and vice versa have got my funds stocking up to get this phone, and now heard it will be getting KitKat in the not so distant future.

Thanks

soralz

Apr 6, 2013
Taipei
QUESTION:
Is Vibe ROM a stock rom provided from LENOVO because I am confused. If yes how can you get that?
I think it's official provided for by Lenovo, because the website is from Lenovo. I am using this ROM and I found it was actually better than stock ROM that came with our Lenovo P780. This ROM was actually perfect so far I have used for 1 day, found no bugs at the moment, Radio, Dual-SIM functionality is working perfectly. :D See above screenshots post #2.

Hi, nice initiative!

However I feel compelled to tell you that ROW and Chinese base has quite different partitioning layout, not just simply having different language and apps. As a result :

1) Custom recoveries are different
2) Re-partitioning tools are different

Failing to observe this may result in softbrick.

However when you flash from Flash Tool u flash also the partition layout. If you flash from recovery, some ROMs come with it (i.e. official vibe seems to) some don't.

Also worth noting before flashing any custom ROM is the factory ROM that came with the phone, if its ROW it may work better with ROW based radios, even if u do change base in the end.

Keep up the good work!
Yeah, I've updated 1 more China CWM recovery, still trying to understand the partition layout though.

Hello can you clarify something for me please can you get the 8gb version in black or is it only white? and vice versa have got my funds stocking up to get this phone, and now heard it will be getting KitKat in the not so distant future.

Thanks
Probably we will receive KitKat update in the near future, but Custom Vibe ROM already works perfectly.

i can just back up my current Stock n flash the ROW123 isnt it?
You can flash stock ROM via SP Flash Tool, it won't brick your phone, just make a backup incase anything goes wrong.

Last edited:

s_john8686

Dec 18, 2007
Hi, I am currently on S119 rom, rooted and installed CWM. How can I upgrade to S123 rom ? I can't do OTA right ?

soralz

Apr 6, 2013
Taipei
Why the file extension is *.7s?
Can I flash it using TWRP?
Please help...
I'm using Windows 8.1...
7-Zip files aren't flashable with TWRP neither CWM, please let me know where is the ROM you have downloaded from?

If it is @satanduck ROM's, you will have to flash it via SP Flash Tool.

Hi, I am currently on S119 rom, rooted and installed CWM. How can I upgrade to S123 rom ? I can't do OTA right ?
Theoretically cannot, because the recovery is different.

satanduck

Apr 10, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Screenshots from "Official Custom Vibe ROM" almost stable without bugs. Tested on 4GB P780, not sure about 8GB.
Screenshot_2014-02-23-12-02-42.jpeg
Screenshot_2014-02-23-12-02-50.jpeg
Screenshot_2014-02-23-12-03-05.jpeg
Screenshot_2014-02-23-12-03-21.jpeg
Screenshot_2014-02-22-19-28-30.jpeg
Screenshot_2014-02-23-12-18-01.jpeg

This prove IMEI still remain and RIL works after flashing, confirmed safe to flash:
Screenshot_2014-02-23-12-18-16.jpeg

AGAIN... DISCLAIMER: What you done to your phone is at your OWN RISK, you choose to do this modifications to your phone and don't blame me if anything goes wrong.

Steps to flash:
*Please follow the instruction carefully, will brick if you didn't use the proper base before flashing.

Coming from China ROM proceed with 10th step. Make a backup if necessary.

1. Root P780 with Framaroot
2. Install MobileUncleTools
3. Backup IMEI
4. Backup everything with MTKDroidTools
read here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50322787&postcount=3
5. Flash CWM 6.0.1.5
6. Backup everything with CWM
6.5 *Optional, repartition Internal Storage
7. Flash China ROM S135_TWRP_Gapps w/SP Flash Tool
8. Install MobileUncleTools
9. Restore IMEI
10. Flash CWM 6.0.2.8
11. Install Vibe ROM via CWM
12. Wipe data/cache
13. Reboot
14. Clean boot once, root via Vroot
15. Install MobileUncleTools
16. Restore IMEI
17. Flash CWM 6.0.2.8
18. CWM Flash Gapps
19. Done :good:

**Tested on 4GB Lenovo P780 only, not tested on 8GB, if anyone willing to try let me know if it works or not.

Issues regarding about root:
Currently only the China Superuser (vRoot) works on Vibe ROM, whenever I tried to install SuperSU it will encounter fail to update binary and losses root, if anyone found a solution to change the vRoot to SuperSU I will be glad. Thanks :D

Framaroot DOES NOT work on Vibe ROM.

Downloads:
Lenovo P780 Vibe V1.0_1407_2 Stable

You might want to mask out your IMEI from the screenshots...

sahavaasi

Feb 23, 2013
Help please

Screenshots from "Official Custom Vibe ROM" almost stable without bugs. Tested on 4GB P780, not sure about 8GB.
Screenshot_2014-02-23-12-02-42.jpeg
Screenshot_2014-02-23-12-02-50.jpeg
Screenshot_2014-02-23-12-03-05.jpeg
Screenshot_2014-02-23-12-03-21.jpeg
Screenshot_2014-02-22-19-28-30.jpeg
Screenshot_2014-02-23-12-18-01.jpeg

This prove IMEI still remain and RIL works after flashing, confirmed safe to flash:
Screenshot_2014-02-23-12-18-16.jpeg

AGAIN... DISCLAIMER: What you done to your phone is at your OWN RISK, you choose to do this modifications to your phone and don't blame me if anything goes wrong.

Steps to flash:
*Please follow the instruction carefully, will brick if you didn't use the proper base before flashing.

Coming from China ROM proceed with 10th step. Make a backup if necessary.

1. Root P780 with Framaroot
2. Install MobileUncleTools
3. Backup IMEI
4. Backup everything with MTKDroidTools
read here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50322787&postcount=3
5. Flash CWM 6.0.1.5
6. Backup everything with CWM
6.5 *Optional, repartition Internal Storage
7. Flash China ROM S135_TWRP_Gapps w/SP Flash Tool
8. Install MobileUncleTools
9. Restore IMEI
10. Flash CWM 6.0.2.8
11. Install Vibe ROM via CWM
12. Wipe data/cache
13. Reboot
14. Clean boot once, root via Vroot
15. Install MobileUncleTools
16. Restore IMEI
17. Flash CWM 6.0.2.8
18. CWM Flash Gapps
19. Done :good:

**Tested on 4GB Lenovo P780 only, not tested on 8GB, if anyone willing to try let me know if it works or not.

Issues regarding about root:
Currently only the China Superuser (vRoot) works on Vibe ROM, whenever I tried to install SuperSU it will encounter fail to update binary and losses root, if anyone found a solution to change the vRoot to SuperSU I will be glad. Thanks :D

Framaroot DOES NOT work on Vibe ROM.

Downloads:
Lenovo P780 Vibe V1.0_1407_2 Stable

I am on P780_ROW_S123_131231 downloaded from the link provided by you. Handset is 4gb indian version. How do I switch to viberom now.

stakou

Feb 29, 2008
N/A
I think it's official provided for S930 and some one ported it to work on our P780 at needrom site. I am using this ROM and I found it was actually better than stock ROM that came with our Lenovo P780. Because S930 spec is almost the same as our P780 (except screen size, battery and some minor difference). This ROM was actually perfect so far I have used for 1 day, found no bugs at the moment, Radio, Dual-SIM functionality is working perfectly. :D See above screenshots post #2.

Probably we will receive KitKat update in the near future, but Custom Vibe ROM already works perfectly.

Nice instructions. Will probably try as soon as I have mine delivered (a couple of days more waiting).

About official vibe rom: What confuses me is the official web page w.w.viberom.com. Over there it has several lenovo models. Who supports that? (I am newbie in this so I can talk nonsense...)... I had also read somewhere that Lenovo is moving to vibe roms (I do not know what this means)

Is vibe rom power efficient as original lenovo roms (If vibe is not officilal or backed up by lenovo)

What is a bit frightening is than in your instructions (post #2) you have something about IMEI restore. So during this process do we loose IMEI's

Do you know if with VIBE roms supports 900 WCMA networks

Finally, VIBE rom is not yet at 4.4.x. Do you mean we will be updated by Lenovo or Vibe rom?

Thank you for your time!

soralz

Apr 6, 2013
Taipei
Nice instructions. Will probably try as soon as I have mine delivered (a couple of days more waiting).

About official vibe rom: What confuses me is the official web page w.w.viberom.com. Over there it has several lenovo models. Who supports that? (I am newbie in this so I can talk nonsense...)... I had also read somewhere that Lenovo is moving to vibe roms (I do not know what this means)

Is vibe rom power efficient as original lenovo roms (If vibe is not officilal or backed up by lenovo)

What is a bit frightening is than in your instructions (post #2) you have something about IMEI restore. So during this process do we loose IMEI's

Finally, VIBE rom is not yet at 4.4.x. Do you mean we will be updated by Lenovo or Vibe rom?

Thank you for your time!

From the website, I can confirmed it's provided by Lenovo. And I've edited post #2.

If wanna flash directly via recovery, I will suggest you will need to change to China based ROM S125 and above before flashing Vibe ROM (If you coming from International ROW ROM) and make a full backup of your stock ROM, this is because Vibe ROM is China based, no Gapps or root included by default, and have a lot of Lenovo bloatwares, but it also includes some amazing features and apps as well. ;)

I take so many precaution with IMEI issues this is because last time I bricked my P780, so now I make a full backup in case if anything goes wrong.

Regarding about WCDMA 900MHz networks, I have no idea, probably it's hardware based limitation. If the hardware supports 900MHz networks then it should be working on 900MHz networks.

4.4 KitKat, no idea. :(

Last edited:

TheFakeer

Sep 18, 2012
Bangalore
Thak you for the info!

So, this custom Vibe ROM is KitKat version? And the first part of your sentence referred to OTA official P780 custom ROM? (Because I notice it's 4.2.2). So, if not, is there any 4.4 custom ROM available that seems to work smoothly?

You can flash stock ROM via SP Flash Tool, it won't brick your phone, just make a backup incase anything goes wrong.

Backup what? The personal data or system image?

Also have you/someone tried it on 8GB ROW version?

Last edited:

soralz

Apr 6, 2013
Taipei
So, this custom Vibe ROM is KitKat version? And the first part of your sentence referred to OTA official P780 custom ROM?

Backup what? The personal data or system image?

Also have you/someone tried it on 8GB ROW version?

1. The Vibe ROM is Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, which is more stable than 4.2.1.

2. Everything.

3. Nope, no idea will it works on 8GB or not ATM.

Reactions: TheFakeer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lenovo P780 Official Stock + Vibe ROM's & Guides

DISCLAIMER:
    *Your warranty is now void, BUT will regain if you flash back the proper stock ROM.

Preface:

**I no longer own this phone, but I will still update this thread regularly. Still a power beast though :p

All right, so you guys know P780 have shipped with 2 version, which is China version and International (ROW) version, and the P780 can use both version of ROM's vice-versa. (Alternatively, you can flash Vibe ROM as well. Its a stock ROM from Official China Lenovo.) Well, so what's the difference between China ROM's and International ROM's?

ROM [4GB]:

China ROM release history:
    Does not include majority of Google apps, such as Play Store, Play Music, Search etc, but have many China bloatwares. Includes some useful features such as volume rocker wake. And only available in English & Chinese language. Other than that, it's just as same as the ROW version.
    Available Versions are:
    • P780_S125_130529
    • P780_S129_130710
    • P780_S308_130814
    • P780_S135_300917

International ROM release history:
    Includes Google apps, and it's multilingual, no China bloatwares, no extra features such as volume rocker wake but still got those free apps like Camscanner etc. Other than that, it's just as same as the China version. ROW - Rest Of World
    4GB partitioned as Data 2.1GB, Media 1.4GB
    Available Versions are:
    • P780_ROW_S110_130629
    • P780_ROW_S116_130828
    • P780_ROW_S119_300913
    • P780_ROW_S123_131231
    • P780_ROW_S124_140403

Vibe ROM
    China based, does not include majority of Google apps, such as Play Store, Play Music, Search etc, but have many China bloatwares. Includes some useful features such as volume rocker wake. And only available in English & Chinese language. Refined UI. Read more at post #2.

Recovery [4GB]:
    Please note that China and ROW uses different type recovery, flashing wrong version will causes bootloop.
    China
    CWM version is 6.0.2.8

ROW
    CWM version is 6.0.1.5
    TWRP version is 2.6.3.0

Downloads Link Below

Warning: Do not flash for 4GB devices mod on 8GB devices or 8GB devices mod on 4GB devices, will causes bootloop and IMEI problems etc.

Booting Modes:
    Power + Vol UP = Factory mode, which test, diagnostics, the device & phone info. (but it is in chinese)
    Power + Vol DOWN = Meta mode, Mediatek specific mode, which used to perform some NAND alternative flashing process such as re-writing IMEI
    Power + Vol UP + DOWN = Recovery mode.
    Phone OFF + Connect USB Cable, SP flash mode.

In XDA, there aren't many Custom ROM's available for our P780, but at the site needrom.com does have 10+ available ROM's at the moment, but many of it doesn't meant to flash over ROW version of base ROM, direct flashing custom ROM without changing your base ROM will result in soft-brick, which means boot-loop and the most common one is No IMEI, No baseband. This is an serious issue because No IMEI, No baseband will result your phone converted to an Android OS version of AndroidPod, because you can't make calls, SMS and data etc. If you didn't backup your IMEI and baseband before you flash custom ROM will result in PERMANENT SOFT-BRICK, the solution was to send back to service center for servicing. *Just like my phone, you wouldn't want that.

EDIT: Good news, my new discovery. Not permanent soft brick anymore, refer here if you want to revive your phone. :victory:

For current custom ROM's available on other sources please visit:

ALWAYS make a full backup before modding your phone, please visit here and read post #3 and follow all the steps.

Additional Backup Insurance:
    • Backup IMEI using MobileUncleTools
    • Backup entire whole stock ROM using CWM/TWRP

For flashing a stock ROM over PC, you will need SP Flash Tool and drivers to do that, for instruction, download links for the SP Flash Tool and custom stock ROM, please visit here and give @satanduck a :good:.

Note:

Rooting:
    • You can use Framaroot to root your phone and choose Barahir exploit. (Only works on Stock ROM)
    • For custom ROM such as Vibe ROM, please use vRoot to root your phone. (Works on any ROM)
    • If you have CWM installed, you can flash this zip. (Works on any ROM)

Repartitioning (4GB only):
    Repartition to 2.5, 3, 3.5GB for /data partition.
    ROW based - Link.
    China based - (removed, because not working)

Battery Graph:
    on stock rom, doesnt matter which stock, row/chinese based or vibe based the battery option is hidden. All you have to do is; Download Dashclock and then Dashclock Battery Extension , customize your widget on your homescreen with the battery thingie, and then just tap the battery icon on the widget, it will bring to you the stock battery app

Language Changer for China Based ROM:
    *It will not change all System UI / Apps language because of some limitations.
    Locale&Language : Set language Playstore removed, but I still have the *.apk.

Fix Caller ID mismatch, no Advanced Developer Mode etc & mods:
    Download Gravity Box.

Note:

Downloads:
    [4GB]
    China:
    P780_S125_130529
    P780_S129_130710
    S135 *Unavailable

ROW:
    P780_ROW_S110_130629
    P780_ROW_S116_130828
    P780_ROW_S123_131231
    S124 *Unavailable, please update via S123 OTA

[8GB]
    Visit here.

Recovery's [4GB]:
    China
    CWM 6.0.2.8

ROW
    CWM 6.0.1.5
    TWRP 2.6.3.0

Carliv Touch - Includes both China and ROW based, select the proper recovery before flashing. (Also flashable by SP Flash Tool)
    CTR 6.0.4.4 (Not tested by me) ~ Credits to @BesFen

**Please inform me if the links are dead, will try to re-upload for you guys. :D
    Official Stock Custom Vibe ROM for P780

The "Official Stock Custom Vibe ROM" is almost stable without bugs. Tested on 4GB P780, unsure will it works on 8GB version or not, if anyone tested let me know :).

Screenshots:
    **Sorry none, as I don't own this phone already.

V1.5 4.4.2 KitKat screenshot:
    QQ%25E5%259B%25BE%25E7%2589%258720140417210032.jpg

More screenshot here.

AGAIN... DISCLAIMER:
    *Your warranty is probably void although it is official stock custom ROM from Lenovo, because your local phone dealer might not accept those customizations.

Note:
    Well, from official Vibe ROM website, it claimed that you can flash directly in stock Android recovery. However, if anyone willing to try let me know whether does it work or not. Below is the method I used when I am flashing Vibe ROM. But still, it is because those are China based ROM, so if you are on International ROW ROM, I still suggest you change base before flashing.

Installing ROM:
    Coming from China ROM proceed with 4th step. Make a backup if necessary.

1. Turn On USB Debugging mode (ask Uncle Google if you don’t know how to do it)
    2. Backup everything with MTKDroidTools IMPORTANT, DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Read here post #3.
    3. Flash any China based ROM S125 (Stock or @satanduck ROM) and above with SP Flash Tool (post #1)
    4a. Boot into the China ROM you’ve flashed (Let the ROM at least clean boot once)
    4b. OR you can skip to the 7th step in stock recovery and flash Vibe ROM, BUT it's not recommended because you probably cannot flash SuperSU zip or Gapps in the stock recovery, unless you want to have a clean, unrooted device)
    4.5 (If the ROM is not rooted then you should root it first before installing MobileUncleTools
    5. Install MobileUncleTools (post #1)
    6. Flash CWM 6.0.2.8 (post #1)
    In CWM
    7. Install Vibe ROM
    8. Install Gapps
    9. Install SuperSU
    10. Wipe data/cache (Factory Reset) and reboot. Done
    *OTA updates are AVAILABLE if your phone is not rooted, modded or have custom recovery etc.

Rooting:
    • Framaroot DOES NOT work on Vibe ROM.
    Credits to @Chainfire for the rooting solution. Thanks to him. :victory:

Note:

Downloads:
    Lenovo P780 Vibe UI | Mirror
    Current Version:
    Stable: P780_VIBEUI_V1.5_1423_9_ST (2014-6-5)
    Developer: VIBEUI_V1.5_1421_DEV_P780 (2014-5-22)
    *Choose the 2nd one(稳定版下载)to download which is stable version, the 3rd one(开发板下载)is developer version.
    **For changelog, please click the mirror link to view.

Vibe UI V1.5 download:
    Stable:
    Vibe UI V1.5 1419 DEV | Mirror

Vibe UI Website
    Hello sir plz tell me all 3 row rom in your thread named
    " ROW:
    P780_ROW_S110_130629
    P780_ROW_S116_130828
    P780_ROW_S123_131231"
    is for 8gb? ?

And 2 row recovery named
    " ROW
    CWM 6.0.1.5
    TWRP 2.6.3.0"
    is for 8gb ??

M i right sir ??
    thanx in advance..

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Go here for latest stock Rom 8GB version, >> http://goo.gl/HpBQSM (include stock recovery. flash with FLASH TOOL)

Thank you for your time!

From the website, I can confirmed it's provided by Lenovo. And I've edited post #2.

If wanna flash directly via recovery, I will suggest you will need to change to China based ROM S125 and above before flashing Vibe ROM (If you coming from International ROW ROM) and make a full backup of your stock ROM, this is because Vibe ROM is China based, no Gapps or root included by default, and have a lot of Lenovo bloatwares, but it also includes some amazing features and apps as well. ;)

I take so many precaution with IMEI issues this is because last time I bricked my P780, so now I make a full backup in case if anything goes wrong.

Regarding about WCDMA 900MHz networks, I have no idea, probably it's hardware based limitation. If the hardware supports 900MHz networks then it should be working on 900MHz networks.

4.4 KitKat, no idea. :(
    Yup, that will be good and I will add to my thread and credits to you. :)

OK Here it is Repartition Internal Storage For P780 4GB With Chinese/Asia ROM:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2zvzqraet4mobdi/Repartition_Internal_Storage_P780_Chinesse_ROM.zip
    There are 3 flashable zip inside:
    2.5GB = Internal Storage ±2,5GB & Built-in Storage ±800MB
    3GB = Internal Storage ±3GB± & Built-in Storage ±300MB
    3.5GB = Internal Storage ±3,5GB± & Built-in Storage ±80MB

*INTERNAL STORAGE=OS+APPS+CACHE+MISC

And also, I found a Carliv Touch Recovery(CTR) both for ROW & Chinese. CTR is base on CWM with more graphical improvement.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2xvn4uqv1oe4jca/CTR_Recovery.zip
    I attach emmc_scatter for Chinese/Asia ROM if someone want to push it by SPFlashtool.