[SHG-i537] ML2 SafeStrap Flashing Guide

Search This thread

Bleedin_Sarge

Dec 21, 2013
unxthallows.com
I cannot and will not be held responsible for anything that may happen due to you following this guide. You are directly
responsible for anything that you instruct your device to do. By following this guide, you accept full and complete
responsibility for whatever the outcome is.

After much trial and error, this guide should help those of you stuck on stock ML2 get to running ROMs through SafeStrap 3.71

Before anything, a thanks goes to spegelius and Devo7v for helping with the much needed files. Without them, I would not
have gotten this far.

Requirements:
* You need to be on 4.3 ML2 as your stock firmware
* You need to be rooted. If you are not, read this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2690133
* You will need to have SafeStrap 3.71 installed. Check here: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/jflteatt-active/safestrap
**Verify that you are using the SHG-i537 BEFORE installing anything**

Once you have that done, boot into recovery and create a new ROM slot.
It will take a few minutes for the slot to create and setup.
Once it has setup, grab your favorite TW ROM and flash 'er to the slot. (I used HyperDrive)
Now, flash the ML2 modules, followed by the MF5 camera prop archive.
Now flash the GPIO keys archive.
Clear the dalvik and cache, and reboot.

This should give you hardware keys, wifi, bluetooth, NFC, and Camera.

I know this is not the most comprehensive guide out there, but it should be enough to get you up and running.

Attachments

• I9295_MF5_camera_props.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 58
  • gpio-keys_I537.zip
    152.7 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: Maibol

Maibol

Jan 9, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 7
is necessary to flash the compatibility pack on hyperdroid ? , is the stock camera working with any rom?
thanks for the guide im new here and i was a little bit lost with the rom flashing ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bleedin_Sarge

Dec 21, 2013
unxthallows.com
If you plan on using the device with AT&T, the compat pack is a must. And as far as I have tested, no the stock camera does not work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Maibol

Bleedin_Sarge

Dec 21, 2013
unxthallows.com
Not a prob. My i537 runs like a champ on HyperDrive with the AOSP addons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app (Really an i537, jus now saw it says i337...s4 build prop)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I cannot and will not be held responsible for anything that may happen due to you following this guide. You are directly
    responsible for anything that you instruct your device to do. By following this guide, you accept full and complete
    responsibility for whatever the outcome is.

After much trial and error, this guide should help those of you stuck on stock ML2 get to running ROMs through SafeStrap 3.71

Before anything, a thanks goes to spegelius and Devo7v for helping with the much needed files. Without them, I would not
    have gotten this far.

Requirements:
    * You need to be on 4.3 ML2 as your stock firmware
    * You need to be rooted. If you are not, read this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2690133
    * You will need to have SafeStrap 3.71 installed. Check here: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/jflteatt-active/safestrap
    **Verify that you are using the SHG-i537 BEFORE installing anything**

Once you have that done, boot into recovery and create a new ROM slot.
    It will take a few minutes for the slot to create and setup.
    Once it has setup, grab your favorite TW ROM and flash 'er to the slot. (I used HyperDrive)
    Now, flash the ML2 modules, followed by the MF5 camera prop archive.
    Now flash the GPIO keys archive.
    Clear the dalvik and cache, and reboot.

This should give you hardware keys, wifi, bluetooth, NFC, and Camera.

I know this is not the most comprehensive guide out there, but it should be enough to get you up and running.
    If you plan on using the device with AT&T, the compat pack is a must. And as far as I have tested, no the stock camera does not work.

I installed the Google Cam, and the AOSP gallery.