Change M7 carkit into M8 carkit?

Search This thread

wph

May 27, 2010
Last year I bought a HTC One (M7) and bought a carkit with it.

The carkit wasn't exactly cheap, around € 50. The carkit for the M8 is almost the same, only the plastic holder is a bit different. But this is probably a piece of plastic that costs a few cents to make and a few euro's to buy.

Anyone knows if this is possible to order only the plastic holder somewhere? Because I don't like buying a new carkit for just the plastic holder.

Last edited:

chaps

Feb 15, 2007
Scarborough
Last year I bought a HTC One (M7) and bought a carkit with it.

The carkit wasn't exactly cheap, around € 50. The carkit for the M8 is almost the same, only the plastic holder is a bit different. But this is probably a piece of plastic that costs a few cents to make and a few euro's to buy.

Anyone knows if this is possible to order only the plastic holder somewhere? Because I don't like buying a new carkit for just the plastic holder.

I'd like to know this too. I can't see anything on HTC's website yet. I'l maybe contact HTC and see what they have to say.

shaw23

May 2, 2010
Perth
I was in the same situation, have the kit for the m7, so called HTC today. Was told it is not possible to buy the cradle separately, the kit is the same it is only the cradle that's different for each model. Kinda feel pissed about this. However I will sell my m7 kit to part fund the m8 kit. So it's not all bad.....
Still feel that HTC could offer the option of cradle only.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

drigout

Jun 23, 2010
I was in the same situation, have the kit for the m7, so called HTC today. Was told it is not possible to buy the cradle separately, the kit is the same it is only the cradle that's different for each model. Kinda feel pissed about this. However I will sell my m7 kit to part fund the m8 kit. So it's not all bad.....
Still feel that HTC could offer the option of cradle only.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

I wonder if you can go to the HTC M7 Boards and ask if anyone in your area is buying a new car kit for there M7 and they can sell you the M8 Cradle. Win/Win situation.

Inodder

Apr 17, 2011
HTC One M8 Car Holder Plate - Black (99H11543-00)
Cradle only!

(has been) avalable?

handtec.co.uk/htc-car-d191.html

SKU: 99H11543-00
EAN: 4718487651771

Description
This car holder plate is to be used with existing car kit (HTC CAR Dxx) based units for your One (M8)

Last edited: