[HOW TO] Downgrade from 19.6.3 to 19.5.3 RSD Lite or Fastboot

Search This thread

CurbThePain

Alright so to start off here's the usual, I'm not responsible if you brick your phone or if your computer starts spitting corrosive acid at you, you know the general anything and everything that can happen on this planet.

So basically I have two files I'm uploading right now. The flash.zip that you have to download and the RSD lite zip that is optional.

You need to download the flash.zip or both and extract them and install RSD. After doing so you'll have to put your phone into fastboot by powering it off and holding the power button and vol - key together until it pops up in AP flash. (YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THIS IF YOUR USING THE LAUNCH.bat)

After all of that you need to plug in your phone to your desktop and assuming you have all the drivers installed you need to either open RSD and select the xml in the folder you extracted from the flash.zip and select your phone and start the flashing process.

Now if your phone is not recognized by RSD you need to run the LAUNCH.bat and it will do the whole process in about 5-15 minutes (rough estimate)

After everything is done your phone will reboot and your on 19.5.3 and can root your phone permanently and gain system r/w permissions with my other thread HERE.

Credits:
Credit for the downgrade through fastboot go to myself and Google for fastboot of course.
Credits for the other stuff in the other thread are in the link up above.

Download Section:
FLASH.zip
RSD 5.7

Last edited:

Jay_P11

Jan 1, 2013
Is this for unlocked bootloaders only? I just tried it and it keeps failing because I get this:

downgraded security version
update gpt_main version failed
preflash validation failed for GPT

RSD Lite says:

Failed flashing process. 2/17 flash partition "gpt.bin"

Really hope this isn't for unlocked users only cause I just wiped my phone for this to test it and root

CurbThePain

Is this for unlocked bootloaders only? I just tried it and it keeps failing because I get this:

downgraded security version
update gpt_main version failed
preflash validation failed for GPT

RSD Lite says:

Failed flashing process. 2/17 flash partition "gpt.bin"

Really hope this isn't for unlocked users only cause I just wiped my phone for this to test it and root

Its for the non-dev Droid Maxx/Droid Ultra's with locked bootloaders. It sounds like your on a os lower than 4.4 or higher than 4.4. Can you give me your system specs? (Android version, System version, and phone model)

Jay_P11

Jan 1, 2013
Its for the non-dev Droid Maxx/Droid Ultra's with locked bootloaders. It sounds like your on a os lower than 4.4 or higher than 4.4. Can you give me your system specs? (Android version, System version, and phone model)

Android 4.4.4
Build SU4.21
System Version 21.11.21.obake_verizon.Verizon.en.US
The update said it was 19.6.3 when I downloaded it so now I'm really confused

Jay_P11

Jan 1, 2013
Yeah it said that probably from a previous download or something whats important is that you didnt brick your device. Can you boot?

All is well. I backed up my pics and stuff as I always do before trying something like this, so nothing major was lost. Just gotta re-install all my apps cause google backup somehow chose to not help me in my time of need :mad: but I guess the version I came from was what it said was 19.6.3 and I never bothered to double check before trying anything. Man would it be great if this worked on 4.4.4 though. Have you or anyone else tried the root method on 4.4.4? If not (unless you're sure it won't work) I'm willing to try the root process.

CurbThePain

All is well. I backed up my pics and stuff as I always do before trying something like this, so nothing major was lost. Just gotta re-install all my apps cause google backup somehow chose to not help me in my time of need :mad: but I guess the version I came from was what it said was 19.6.3 and I never bothered to double check before trying anything. Man would it be great if this worked on 4.4.4 though. Have you or anyone else tried the root method on 4.4.4? If not (unless you're sure it won't work) I'm willing to try the root process.

No but I've tried my own exploits on other Android versions like 4.4 and 4.2.2 on this phone. I just wont risk updating to 4.4.4.

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
Thread is not needed. The simple process would be to simply download the fxz from the reputable sbfdevelopers and flash. Nothing else is needed. Again repost.

Reactions: zefyx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread is not needed. The simple process would be to simply download the fxz from the reputable sbfdevelopers and flash. Nothing else is needed. Again repost.

Again I am just trying to simplify things for people. Especially if they have issues with RSD Lite.