[Q] TF201 Briked, only APX

Search This thread

arjona00

May 6, 2014
Hello all.

I have an Asus TF201 bricked.

I readed a lot of forums, and nothing to do for now.

My Asus was fall in brick after install cwm, and now, only can reboot in APX.
When I reboot normal or fastboot, it only show logo and stop.
I can't enter in fastboot, adb dont detect my device.
Wheelie detect but I havn't got blob.bin, so I can´t use nvflash.

Arggg!

Is there any solutions?

scouzers

May 21, 2014
Hello all.

I have an Asus TF201 bricked.

I readed a lot of forums, and nothing to do for now.

My Asus was fall in brick after install cwm, and now, only can reboot in APX.
When I reboot normal or fastboot, it only show logo and stop.
I can't enter in fastboot, adb dont detect my device.
Wheelie detect but I havn't got blob.bin, so I can´t use nvflash.

Arggg!

Is there any solutions?

I seem to have the same problem

alemap

Jun 26, 2014
I downloaded Tegra Android Developer Pack and image "dalmore" where are some utilities to generate encrypted necessary to enable executing commands in the boot. These are: nvsecuretool.exe or nvsbktool.exe.

but anyway the correct key is needed.

I used the calculator sbk but do not know if this works only for Acer tablet with tegra2.

A desperate chance. would take the sbkcalculator, and the apk asus application to unlock the boot, and test if there is any clue as to how you can make the sbk from cpuid on this model.

but I have no hopes for it.

I hope someone knows how to get the sbk from the cpuid for asus tf201.

alemap

Jun 26, 2014
why? why is so hard to find files to unbrick tf201?, ****ing secure boot, links deads
sometimes what is legal is not fair,

sorry but my skills are a dried **** as my translator
i try to find a .bct no encripted to build the blob.bin with my doubtful sbk from sbkCalc, but nothing,

I know it's possible, but I also realize that I will not be able to do.

Restorer

Dec 14, 2007
why? why is so hard to find files to unbrick tf201?, ****ing secure boot, links deads
sometimes what is legal is not fair,

sorry but my skills are a dried **** as my translator
i try to find a .bct no encripted to build the blob.bin with my doubtful sbk from sbkCalc, but nothing,

I know it's possible, but I also realize that I will not be able to do.

I'm sorry, but it is only possible to un-brick a hard-bricked TF201 by using files that have been created on your own device with NVFlash.

alemap

Jun 26, 2014
Yes i enabled nvflash before brick, but i dont copied the blob.bin o any other file from the root backup folder to my pc.
i dont find it, maybe i delete carelessly when try install kitkat in the tablet.
tremendous fail !!.

Last edited:

HORiZUN

Dec 12, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
If you bricked without having your NVflash blob files backed up, you're out of luck at the time of this writing. For a HARD BRICK, which you are experiencing, the ONLY way to recover if with those blob files. I have mine on google drive, dropbox, and on my PC for safekeeping.

I sold the prime I managed to brick for parts on ebay. I got $100 for it, but that was well over a year ago. There are better tablets out there, and most of them definitely put this old guy to shame. I would suggest upgrading your hardware, as the device you have is no longer usable.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is the chance you take when you unlock bootloaders, hack and flash ROMS, root, etc. Sometimes $h!7 happens. That's life.

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
Hello,

I have the same problem.
TF201 bricked !

Unable to go into the bootloader, so unable to go on fastboot !
I never activate nvflash so i dont have my blob file.

I'm sofwtare programmer, i think we could fin any way to hack nvflash or a wayt patch any blob file in order to be compatible for our device....

Please, union made strong ! We need to create or get a hack in order to use correctly APX!

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

I downloaded Tegra Android Developer Pack and image "dalmore" where are some utilities to generate encrypted necessary to enable executing commands in the boot. These are: nvsecuretool.exe or nvsbktool.exe.

but anyway the correct key is needed.

I used the calculator sbk but do not know if this works only for Acer tablet with tegra2.

A desperate chance. would take the sbkcalculator, and the apk asus application to unlock the boot, and test if there is any clue as to how you can make the sbk from cpuid on this model.

but I have no hopes for it.

I hope someone knows how to get the sbk from the cpuid for asus tf201.

Interresting post...you could have the sbk on the tabs sticker...
But the question is...how patch a blob file in order to use the NVFlash....

I'm software programmer, maybe i can help you dude !!

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

I'm sorry, but it is only possible to un-brick a hard-bricked TF201 by using files that have been created on your own device with NVFlash.

There is probably a way to hack this file....to patch this....
I would like to compare two file in order to see differences....maybe it's simple to merge and patch.....