[Apk] Killswitch - put you device to sleep by shutting the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Hello,

Thanks for the fantastic app! I just bought the paid version. However, I was wondering if you could remove the confirmation minimum of two seconds or shorten it to one second. That would be great.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

I will try to get this done over the weekend, though i cant imagine why you would want it any lower than 2 seconds ;)

Reactions: NiceCarpet

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Almost done - there will be an update for both apps on Monday ;)

beepsilver

Jan 10, 2011
Weekday

How about that Monday update you promised for us paid customers? Killswitch obviously malfunctions on some devices, but it's increasingly apparent Fahrbot Mobile has other interests rather than ensuring paid customers are satisfied. For those that haven't followed closely, Fahrbot promised an update to his update last month that was never delivered, and as you can read in the last couple of pages here, Fahrbot left customers hanging again yesterday without explanation (an explanation would serve Fahrbot well here). There are users that cannot follow written instructions, and there are those who can--regardless, the app does not function properly on a significant number of devices and it appears the developer(s) are moving on to other projects leaving behind unfinished business.

Be wary of this particular enterprise.

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
How about that Monday update you promised for us paid customers? Killswitch obviously malfunctions on some devices, but it's increasingly apparent Fahrbot Mobile has other interests rather than ensuring paid customers are satisfied. For those that haven't followed closely, Fahrbot promised an update to his update last month that was never delivered, and as you can read in the last couple of pages here, Fahrbot left customers hanging again yesterday without explanation (an explanation would serve Fahrbot well here). There are users that cannot follow written instructions, and there are those who can--regardless, the app does not function properly on a significant number of devices and it appears the developer(s) are moving on to other projects leaving behind unfinished business.

Be wary of this particular enterprise.

You are quite right about the updates of course and for that i apologize. We are indeed working hard on another app, which has been a priority.

Rest assured, we WILL be updating the app soon and have not abandoned it.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Do you guys have any feature suggestions you would like us to implement? Perhaps new ideas?

bgumble

Dec 27, 2008
oneplus.net
s.o. please post optimum settings for htc desire, which I can get to work properly with the paid version of killswitch.

thx.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
I dont know the optimum settings for the desire. Thats something you have to fiddle out yourself.

What exactly are you saying - that Pro works but Lite doesnt?

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Not to worry - just let us know if you have any suggestions or things are not working as they should!

rohan3

Jun 26, 2010
Gold Coast
don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that Killswitch uses a lot of battery, i'm just saying your statement "All this will use no more power than any Android device does on default settings, as all of the pertinent sensors are already on all the time." is not really true because I know that at least 1 sensor, which is the proximity sensor, is not on all the time, even on default settings.

The proximity sensor is on all the time to adjust your screen brightness. (When set to automatic at least)

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
All the sensors are on all the time, as they register state changes rather than increased or decreased values. If you play around with killswitch you will see that is exactly what's going on.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Ive added a download to the OP. Let me know how it goes!

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Hi guys, sorry but Killswitch has been depricated. It never worket quite right anyway.

We have a new app with new features to replace it called Power Switch. You can find it at the following thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=15339872

This one is now closed. Goodbye Killswitch, we will miss your ad-laden popups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Killswitch for tablets and phones

Fahrbot Mobile presents Killswitch, a utility made specifically for devices with cases.

What does Killswitch do?

The app uses a combination of sensors to control the sleep state and screen lock of any device.

At the moment, it uses the proximity sensor, light sensor and accelerometer.

Killswitch has the added advantage of removing your lockscreen via two different methods if you so wish. If you have a case, it really isnt necessary and can be annoying.

Why use Killswitch?

Killswitch will save you battery - putting your device to sleep is as intuitive as shutting your case or turning your phone face down.

And, of course, Killswitch will show all your ipad and iphone loving mates why android is just that much more awesome :)

After upgrading to a newer version, please go into the settings dialog and enable Killswitch again. This is not optimal, but it saves battery and cpu time by removing the necessity for a constantly running service!

In order to uninstall the app, untick "Admin privileges" in Killswitch or via the Accessibility page of your device's settings.

sleeplessninja video review:

Thanks bud.

Android Market link:
    The Lite version is now also on the Android Market

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.killswitchlite

Killswitch for tablets and phones

Fahrbot Mobile presents Killswitch, a utility made specifically for devices with cases.

What does Killswitch do?

The app uses a combination of sensors to control the sleep state and screen lock of any device.

At the moment, it uses the proximity sensor, light sensor and accelerometer.

Killswitch has the added advantage of removing your lockscreen via two different methods if you so wish. If you have a case, it really isnt necessary and can be annoying.

Why use Killswitch?

Killswitch will save you battery - putting your device to sleep is as intuitive as shutting your case or turning your phone face down.

And, of course, Killswitch will show all your ipad and iphone loving mates why android is just that much more awesome :)

After upgrading to a newer version, please go into the settings dialog and enable Killswitch again. This is not optimal, but it saves battery and cpu time by removing the necessity for a constantly running service!

In order to uninstall the app, untick "Admin privileges" in Killswitch or via the Accessibility page of your device's settings.

sleeplessninja video review:

Thanks bud.

Android Market link:
    The Lite version is now also on the Android Market

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.killswitchlite

when i try it on my evo 4g it doesnt work, i turn the phone over but the screen doesnt turn off.... hellp!!!!!!!
    Could you be more specific? Are you using the lite version? Have you enabled the accelerometer?

Killswitch has been extensively tested on the evo...

On lite version. EVO running lastest Fresh ROM beta 4 (latest GB leak) and it does nothing. Everything is enabled as far as sensors go

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
    Hello,

Thanks for the fantastic app! I just bought the paid version. However, I was wondering if you could remove the confirmation minimum of two seconds or shorten it to one second. That would be great.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

I will try to get this done over the weekend, though i cant imagine why you would want it any lower than 2 seconds ;)