New Extended Battery "possibly" 3'500 mAh + External Charger - "Update 10.16.2011"

Search This thread

Vuche

New Extended Battery "possibly" 3'500 mAh + External Charger - "Update 10.16.2011"

Just recieved my new extended battery with extended back door for my Milestone 1. Bought it from here:

www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180686832371&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:CH:1123

It took a good month to arrive from china to europe, but it's finally here.

It weighs 47 gramms vs 27 gr for the standard BP6X and is twice as thick.

Can't say much about the accuracy of the amperage as I just fully recharged it with the external charger I ordered from here:

www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250859367106&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:CH:1123

As you can see it's quite cheap and although ordered on the same day as the battery, it arrived 3 weeks before..! (About 10 days after my order). It's working very good and sports also a usb port (5.2 Volts and 800 mA output) at the end for standard charging. I haven't tried yet which of the battery or the device will be charged first, though. Will report about it later.

I'll also report about real life battery time in a few days, after testing.

I'm still very happy with my good ol' milestone 1 (european droid 1), and although it's a little short on memory, latest CM 7.1 developpements make it very fast and usable.

Edit: Just tried to charge through the usb port of the charger, it doesn't work. I guess 800 mA is not enough, had the same issue with other car/home chargers. I think motorola's ones have 1A output. Even my Galaxy Tab's isn't powerfull enough... What a Milestone Beast!

Edit 2: Battery has reach 10% after 31 hours of standard use. As I though, real intensity most be around 2800 mAh and not 3500 mAh as stated. But it's still around 2x what we can expect from the original one. I run my Milestone on CM7.1 ROM and 1800MHz network.

Edit 3: I'm experiencing the "1% battery left" effect of some other devices' extended batteries for about 9 hours now! So until now It's been working for more than 40h. I tried to switch the phone of and back on again, but still 1% left and red led blinking (on some devices it makes it measure the value of the second cell, I guess, and brings it back to about 90%. Don't ask me why... It happens on my Dell Streak 5). I hadn't had this with my Xperia X10, where the energy left of my extended battery was accurate.

Final edit: worked for a good 48 hours. I must add that I put my phone during night time in Airplane mode (about 16 hours, but with some wifi surfing).

Sent from my Milestone using XDA App

Last edited:
Reactions: Zlatty

Vuche

I charged it first with the external charger, as I think it's the best way to be sure that the whole battery is thouroughly and fully charged. But since first charge I also recharged it through the device's microusb port, which seems to work fine.

Since my first post, I also recieved my second extended battery:

www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190572457987&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:CH:1123

It looks almost the same as the first one, except the font used on the sticker is smaller and the price is cheaper.
I'm testing its power time right now, expecting it to be close to the one of its siebling.

I had also ordered a standard sized 1870 mAh battery from here:

www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150585920125&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:CH:1123

Problem with this one is it doesn't show battery status on the phone, as the mAh level can't be determinated by the phone. Will check with the seller what can be done (problem only with my battery?)

I saw another standard 1800 mAh battery for sale ($ 10.-), maybe will give it a try, seller seems more serious.

Vuche

Some updates about my second extended battery: I now have had a full discharging/charging cycle (in the phone itself) and it seems that the battery is now calibrated. My updated "Battery Monitor Widget" shows me now 2885 mAh for the full capacity and the phone gives apparently the right power status. Real life use time seems the same as my first extended battery, about 48 hours.

skadude66

Feb 22, 2011
Montreal
Some updates about my second extended battery: I now have had a full discharging/charging cycle (in the phone itself) and it seems that the battery is now calibrated. My updated "Battery Monitor Widget" shows me now 2885 mAh for the full capacity and the phone gives apparently the right power status. Real life use time seems the same as my first extended battery, about 48 hours.

How can you even put your Milestone in your pocket?? The battery door looks HUGE :p

MuF123

Jul 18, 2009
Right now I'm using this battery:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130579480018&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:1123

it has cca 80% of the original battery capacity, however it is much better then the other chinese battery I've owned in milestone, (I think) it supports the 1% mod, and it did cost me $1.89 delivered to my place.

I always take the old original battery and the dying chinese battery in my bag in case this new dies. I will get probably the same power-on hours count as with this extended battery yet with smaller package.

kremx

Aug 14, 2010
got 3500

just get AFTER over 2 month waiting me battery, what suppose to be 3500mAh . charging it , will post updates. bw. fone looks FAT now, geeky but fat. and fits into motorola a925i pouch no probs

porcupineli

May 23, 2011
just get AFTER over 2 month waiting me battery, what suppose to be 3500mAh . charging it , will post updates. bw. fone looks FAT now, geeky but fat. and fits into motorola a925i pouch no probs

Yes, please do post some updates and reviews.
I am only aware of 3300mAh [HLI-A855XL] by Mugen for Motorola Milestone which have good reviews.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just recieved my new extended battery with extended back door for my Milestone 1. Bought it from here:

www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180686832371&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:CH:1123

It took a good month to arrive from china to europe, but it's finally here.

It weighs 47 gramms vs 27 gr for the standard BP6X and is twice as thick.

Can't say much about the accuracy of the amperage as I just fully recharged it with the external charger I ordered from here:

www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250859367106&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:CH:1123

As you can see it's quite cheap and although ordered on the same day as the battery, it arrived 3 weeks before..! (About 10 days after my order). It's working very good and sports also a usb port (5.2 Volts and 800 mA output) at the end for standard charging. I haven't tried yet which of the battery or the device will be charged first, though. Will report about it later.

I'll also report about real life battery time in a few days, after testing.

I'm still very happy with my good ol' milestone 1 (european droid 1), and although it's a little short on memory, latest CM 7.1 developpements make it very fast and usable.

Edit: Just tried to charge through the usb port of the charger, it doesn't work. I guess 800 mA is not enough, had the same issue with other car/home chargers. I think motorola's ones have 1A output. Even my Galaxy Tab's isn't powerfull enough... What a Milestone Beast!

Edit 2: Battery has reach 10% after 31 hours of standard use. As I though, real intensity most be around 2800 mAh and not 3500 mAh as stated. But it's still around 2x what we can expect from the original one. I run my Milestone on CM7.1 ROM and 1800MHz network.

Edit 3: I'm experiencing the "1% battery left" effect of some other devices' extended batteries for about 9 hours now! So until now It's been working for more than 40h. I tried to switch the phone of and back on again, but still 1% left and red led blinking (on some devices it makes it measure the value of the second cell, I guess, and brings it back to about 90%. Don't ask me why... It happens on my Dell Streak 5). I hadn't had this with my Xperia X10, where the energy left of my extended battery was accurate.

Final edit: worked for a good 48 hours. I must add that I put my phone during night time in Airplane mode (about 16 hours, but with some wifi surfing).