GPU on N5

Search This thread
Guys... I know that nexus 5 supports es3 but I want to know why not es3.1... Also are these standards based on hardware or software tweaks... Is it actually important?!?
Also how future proof is the n5?!? Will the gpu be capable of running high end graphic games for a long time?!?
I read on uber linaro kernel page or something that n5 gpu using that kernel can be over clocked to 650mhz... So is it really necessary or would it at 450mhz perform well for like 2years?!?
I don't want "its up to you" and stuff...
Sent from my Nexus 5

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Over clocking the GPU doesn't seem to increase performance on the n5.

I don't personally believe any android device is gaming future proof. Its all moving too fast.

I'd buy a tablet for games if I knew it wouldn't be pretty much obsolete in a year or two.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sukrith

I don't personally believe any android device is gaming future proof. Its all moving too fast.

I'd buy a tablet for games if I knew it wouldn't be pretty much obsolete in a year or two.

The hardware is as future-proof as any other top end device. No more or less. The advantage of the Nexus line is on the software support side.

I don't push my GPU enough that overclocking is really important to me.
What about the gl standards?!? Any clue on if it is hardware or software?!? Also how much did you all get on Manhattan and antutu es3?!?

Sent from my Nexus 5

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
Yeah, from what I understand, OpenGL standards depend both on chipset capabilities/instructions and correspondent software implementations.

Reactions: Sukrith

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What about the gl standards?!? Any clue on if it is hardware or software?!? Also how much did you all get on Manhattan and antutu es3?!?

Sent from my Nexus 5

It is both hardware and software. There's a benchmark thread around here somewhere but generally people only care about real world performance.

Also how future proof is the n5?!?

The hardware is as future-proof as any other top end device. No more or less. The advantage of the Nexus line is on the software support side.

I don't push my GPU enough that overclocking is really important to me.
    Yeah, from what I understand, OpenGL standards depend both on chipset capabilities/instructions and correspondent software implementations.