how to remove useless apps

Search This thread

3thman

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
hi, I want to remove all the useless apps that came with the phone, but I'm afraid that i remove something that is Necessary to be installed. can someone please help me and tell me what the safest and best way to remove these apps ?
thanx

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
hi, I want to remove all the useless apps that came with the phone, but I'm afraid that i remove something that is Necessary to be installed. can someone please help me and tell me what the safest and best way to remove these apps ?
thanx

Use titanium backup and freeze them that way you can restore them if need be

D0MINO

Jan 14, 2011
I was wondering this question also. I can see in TB that there are a hell of a lot of apps (bloatware?) installed by LG and also a hell of a lot of these same apps running when I view running tasks using the Task Manager app - i.e. taking up RAM, CPU cycles and battery!

Has anybody created a list of what LG apps do what and which are safe to be removed? (I'm guessing that ex G2 owners might have more information about this)

For instance, there is stuff like

• Answer Me
  • App Updates (Can't we just use Play Store?)
  • com.qualcomm.xxxxx (I'm guessing this is stuff for the Snapdragon APU/SOC?)
  • EasyHome (The other home launcher that I have never used)
  • ELTest
  • Font Server
  • GNSS Test
  • GNSS Air Test (CDMA) (I do not and will never use CDMA as I am in Europe so do I need this?)
  • LG Backup
  • LG GNSS
  • LG Health (Can't access this unless ur using the LG Home Launcher I think)
  • LG IMS
  • LG Intelligent Agent (^^ Have no idea what most of these apps are or do vv)
  • LG MLT
  • LG PC Suite/Service (Do people use the LG PC Suite as I have never used any phone sync app (like Samsung Kies) as all I need is MTP/MSC access)
  • LG System Server
  • LGATCMD
  • LG SearchWidgetProvider
  • LG SmartcardService
  • LIA Informant
  • LIA MrGDBLogger
  • LIA S4URecommender
  • Music 4.20.12 & 4.20.15 (Why are there 2 versions of these installed?)
  • Quickset SDK
  • Remote support service (I tried to use this but it told me I needed to phone LG to get an access code? Is this service only for certain users?)
  • Smart Notice (If you are not using the LG Home launcher then do you need this? - I use Nova Launcher and I don't have an option for this widget)
  • SmartShare.Push
  • SmartShare.Cloud
  • Software Update (If u r rooted then this will be useless apart from notifying you that a new update is available)
  • WAP Service (Is this WAP as in Nokia 6630 WAP internet?)
  • Wfd Service
  • Widevine Keybox Test
I was on a CyanogenMod based ROM on my old phone and which only had the essentials installed, so the LG bloatware seems excessive especially since you don't seem able to access the LG apps without using the LG Home Launcher...unless I am mistaken?

I'm guessing that as soon as the bootloader is unlocked and custom ROMS developed then most of this excess will be gone.

Last edited:

NickBlk09

Sep 1, 2014
Hello

Hello everybody I am new, I recently install a kitkat 4.4.2 cyanogenmod and I have notices that it doesn't have LG PC Suite/Service...

Could someone please give me a way to install this? Please?

Thank you.

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
Hello everybody I am new, I recently install a kitkat 4.4.2 cyanogenmod and I have notices that it doesn't have LG PC Suite/Service...

Could someone please give me a way to install this? Please?

Thank you.
What phone and model do you have?

Why do you want to install the LG suite? What are you trying to accomplish?

NickBlk09

Sep 1, 2014
This is the LG G3... not Optimus.

I know I'm sorry, but I couldn't find anywhere else to post and I figured that it might be the same thing too, I don't think if you for example were to make a backup with titanium backup and were to upload it, me to download and restore it in my android system on my phone, it wouldn't work, I think it doesn't matter with phone, its like on windows, doesn't matter what components, matters to be the same brand (LG) and thats all.
I think! But again, I'm just a newbie. :)

D0MINO

Jan 14, 2011
I know I'm sorry, but I couldn't find anywhere else to post and I figured that it might be the same thing too, I don't think if you for example were to make a backup with titanium backup and were to upload it, me to download and restore it in my android system on my phone, it wouldn't work, I think it doesn't matter with phone, its like on windows, doesn't matter what components, matters to be the same brand (LG) and thats all.
I think! But again, I'm just a newbie. :)

AFAIK, (from experience with other phones in the past) you can just install the LG PC Suite in your PC and when it comes to connecting your phone it will send the PC Suite components to your phone for installation.

NickBlk09

Sep 1, 2014
AFAIK, (from experience with other phones in the past) you can just install the ******** in your PC and when it comes to connecting your phone it will send the PC Suite components to your phone for installation.

Thanks man but that really doesn't work... It works on older phone models but now with newer android system/phones its actually the other way around, if i went to a PC that didn't have the suite on it, the phone offered the option to install the suite on the PC :)

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
Thanks man but that really doesn't work... It works on older phone models but now with newer android system/phones its actually the other way around, if i went to a PC that didn't have the suite on it, the phone offered the option to install the suite on the PC :)
So backup your rom, flash a stock room, install LG tools, then restore CM...

Reactions: NickBlk09

D0MINO

Jan 14, 2011

Ah, well in my G3 I was able to select an option in the settings which then asked me to connect the PC USB cable which then opened a web page on my PC to download the LG PC Suite, so that's the option you must be talking about. I believe then that the PC Suite is already installed on your phone and all it needs is the corresponding program on your PC to function fully?

Does your phone have the LG Update Centre? If so, the PC Suite app might be there?

If that doesn't do what you want then since you are wanting to use a CM based ROM (in which I would imagine that they have taken out most LG apps) and if you can't find the PC Suite stuff anywhere, flash a stock ROM then do a full TB then flash the CM ROM on top so then you can restore any LG apps/services you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: NickBlk09

NickBlk09

Sep 1, 2014

Ah, well in my G3 I was able to select an option in the settings which then asked me to connect the PC USB cable which then opened a web page on my PC to download the LG PC Suite, so that's the option you must be talking about. I believe then that the PC Suite is already installed on your phone and all it needs is the corresponding program on your PC to function fully?

Does your phone have the LG Update Centre? If so, the PC Suite app might be there?

If that doesn't do what you want then since you are wanting to use a CM based ROM (in which I would imagine that they have taken out most LG apps) and if you can't find the PC Suite stuff anywhere, flash a stock ROM then do a full TB then flash the CM ROM on top so then you can restore any LG apps/services you want.

Thank you guys for all your help, so lets recap :D what I need is to have the LG suite or Connectivity or whatever its called, service installed on my phone(in the app manager on ALL tab) so that when I connect my phone to the usb cable my PC LG Suite will see that there's a phone on the wire and connect.
Because as it is now, I don't have ANY LG software services installed anywhere on my phone and I have no options to select any kind of connectivity relating to LG Suite in my phone, in the stock you have through wifi or usb.
And you guys are saying that if I install a stock and then restore CM ROM I will have that service? But won't I have all the other crap services too? Or can I just do a Titanium Backup sweep and scrape them all off after? :)

Isn't there anything simpler I can do to get that 1 service? Like have someone back it up on their phone, upload it and me download it and install it? Backup with Titanium Backup and restore it to my system with Titanium Backup after download :)

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.