12/26/09 Multi-Carrier (Light) Titan ROMs WM6.1 and WM6.5 by Ryan Mogul

Search This thread

rhill285

Dec 8, 2007
Settings/Sounds and notifications/notifications. Pull the drop down menu that says incoming call. Go to new email message, select the option for vibrate. Click ok and should work. I have the notifications set to a certain way by default that is different from stock ROMs. Hope this helps you.

Thanks for the response, but while this does cause it to vibrate, it causes it to vibrate all the time (ie even when I have text/email notifications silenced at night).

What is really bizarre is if I have the screen on it will vibrate when a new Outlook message arrives, but if i turn the screen off and get an email nothing happens (but the LED starts blinking so I know the message has arrived). If anyone else's phone has experienced this problem with Outlook email and knows how to fix it any help is appreciated...

linkinx64

Jul 14, 2009
Montreal, QC
Fring?

Hey guys I am trying to use and IM multi protocol,,, and I have tested a few... but the one that i love memory wise and looks nice...is Fring , I have a little problem . it does not connect... I can select either WIFI or Data but even tough it connects to data.... stills says unable to connect.....any ideas why Fring can not connect and the other can?

typhoonk

Sep 11, 2008
Ontario
Ryan;

How can I add an animated boot up screen when the phone starts up?

is it just a simple gif file switch? SD card loading like a ROM?

any ideas?

I like the lightning bolt, but I have my own sick gif I would like to put in there instead :D

RyanMogul

Retired Recognized Developer
Ryan;

How can I add an animated boot up screen when the phone starts up?

is it just a simple gif file switch? SD card loading like a ROM?

any ideas?

I like the lightning bolt, but I have my own sick gif I would like to put in there instead :D

You should be able to just name your GIF, htc_startup.gif

Paste it into the windows directory, if that doesnt work name it htc_startup2.gif or whatever name you want and then change this registry key to match.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\StartupAnimation
GIFFile = \Windows\htc_startup.gif

Hope this helps. O yea gif must be under a certain amount of frames and also be 240x320.

Last edited:

RyanMogul

Any news on the new 6.1? version 1.2? I believe.

No such thing, but all of my ROMs are re-uploaded. Only quirk I know of is it appearing to stall every now and again. How I get out of that is not by resetting. Just press the power button and screen will go off, then wait a couple seconds and press it again, it will come back on unfrozen. Weird but I am trying to figure it out. I think my ROMs have been doing that since the beginning, but its not very often.

Edit: It might even have something to do with Ftouch flo, thats when I think it started happening. I will turn it off and run it for awhile and see if it still happens.

Last edited:

rooster6868

Oct 19, 2008
Ryan,

thanks for all your work. love the 6.5 2.1 rom. i tried 2.2 but it had more than i needed as a non data user. love the included features and the options you give.

hat tipped toyou.

rooster

RyanMogul

Ryan,

thanks for all your work. love the 6.5 2.1 rom. i tried 2.2 but it had more than i needed as a non data user. love the included features and the options you give.

hat tipped toyou.

rooster

Yes the 2.2 is a hog. I basically made it to prove that a Titan doesnt have enough memory to efficiently run 6.5. You could always disable the camera and use the light versions. No problem with that. Take care enjoy the ROMs.

typhoonk

Sep 11, 2008
Ontario

Paste it into the windows directory, if that doesnt work name it htc_startup2.gif or whatever name you want and then change this registry key to match.

Hope this helps. O yea gif must be under a certain amount of frames and also be 320x240.

Is this for 6.5 or 6.1, I can't remember which one I had of your ROMS that had it?

celperf

Nov 4, 2006
coatzacoalcos
if you can do a carrier free rom 6.1 (light) will be great (and in spañish better :) ) thanks , mi carrier is iusacell im from mexico thanks very much i will try the sprint light version , thanks very much in advance :)

RyanMogul

hello can you do a iusacell carrier rom? and if you have spañish must be nice thanks

if you can do a carrier free rom 6.1 (light) will be great (and in spañish better :) ) thanks , mi carrier is iusacell im from mexico thanks very much i will try the sprint light version , thanks very much in advance :)

The answer is no, and no.

Quit duplicating posts in my thread. Or I will have them removed.

typhoonk

Sep 11, 2008
Ontario

Hope this helps. O yea gif must be under a certain amount of frames and also be 320x240.

I heard that the ROM has to be cooked with a kitchen to enable the animations. The 6.5 light 2.1 I have from you does not seem to have that option (no registry entries or the right files) for this to happen.

Does Ryan have a rom with this enabled that is still a 6.5?

RyanMogul

You said you wanted to change the "lightning effect" to something you made. So that means you know which of my ROMs has startup animation. My 6.1 versions only. I tried to get it to work on 6.5 but it didnt work. So I just excluded it. I could of tried different startup animation engines but I just said o well.

And I could CAB up different startup animations with your gif and you can try them to we hit a success. Let me know. PM me with the .gif and I will give it a go.

KDogg241

May 17, 2008
Hello all, first time poster, long time lurker.

I was curious if anyone else was having sound issues with there speaker after installing this ROM. My speaker quit working after the install, but it could have just kicked the bucket on it's own. It had been acting pretty flakey recently. I was about to go to Asurion *shutter* and spend the $50 to get a refurb so that I don't have to talk on speakerphone for all of my calls, but thought I would check here first. I did use a recent audiopara cab to see if it made a difference. It made my speakerphone louder, but still silence on the normal speaker.

Thanks for any help that anyone might be able to offer.

*EDIT* I recently installed the WM 6.5 Light ROM. Version 2.2

typhoonk

Sep 11, 2008
Ontario
You said you wanted to change the "lightning effect" to something you made. So that means you know which of my ROMs has startup animation. My 6.1 versions only. I tried to get it to work on 6.5 but it didnt work. So I just excluded it. I could of tried different startup animation engines but I just said o well.

And I could CAB up different startup animations with your gif and you can try them to we hit a success. Let me know. PM me with the .gif and I will give it a go.

I always thought this one was cool.
sorry
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9429/42ht1.gif

If you can cook it in a 6.5 and make it user changeable that would be sweet!!!

Last edited:

RyanMogul

I always thought this one was cool.

If you can cook it in a 6.5 and make it user changeable that would be sweet!!!

That isnt going to work, startup animations arent supposed to loop. If I would take the loop out, but it would be too short. I would have to edit your gif and duplicate frames and all that and I dont feel like it. So when you get one around 10 seconds long without a loop. PM it to me, dont clutter up the thread with .gifs.

typhoonk

Sep 11, 2008
Ontario
That isnt going to work, startup animations arent supposed to loop. If I would take the loop out, but it would be too short. I would have to edit your gif and duplicate frames and all that and I dont feel like it. So when you get one around 10 seconds long without a loop. PM it to me, dont clutter up the thread with .gifs.

Ok, I will try and edit the gif for about 10sec.

Another questions. Is there a cab or a regedit to make the X, close button or task manager button (top right) - larger or more finger friendly?

I tend to hit the time and bring up that apps or whatever I have just below it

Top Liked Posts