Bootloop regardless of what rom I flash

Search This thread

duffmcwhalen

Jan 19, 2014
I've tried installing the d3rp rom and optimus rom using twrp and cwm. It installs fine according to either recovery, but upon reboot I just get a loop of the sprint logo. I can restore back to my original recovery with no problem. Does anyone know why I just don't get to use custom roms? I have the v8 ota as well

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
first of all

★ ☆ ✰ Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting do not go in the Development Section. ✰ ☆ ★

When you flash roms, you have to wipe everything EXCEPT internal memory. I *hope* you made a backup of the stock rom before trying to flash. Also, which version of recovery are you using?

Reactions: secret.animal

duffmcwhalen

Jan 19, 2014
I'm using twrp 2.6.3.3 installed through freegee. I backed up my stock rom and have no problem recovering to it after it bootloops. I just don't understand why none of the custom rom flashes will take. I've wiped everything but system and internal storage every time before flashing, multiple times on some attempts, but every time I just get a loop. However, flashing the furnace kernel on stock worked fine and did not cause a loop

brendac87

Aug 21, 2010
I had the same problem. I tried 4 different rooms and only the flex one took.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
I'm using twrp 2.6.3.3 installed through freegee. I backed up my stock rom and have no problem recovering to it after it bootloops. I just don't understand why none of the custom rom flashes will take. I've wiped everything but system and internal storage every time before flashing, multiple times on some attempts, but every time I just get a loop. However, flashing the furnace kernel on stock worked fine and did not cause a loop

Your problem is you need to whipe system and data.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda premium

Reactions: duffmcwhalen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first of all

★ ☆ ✰ Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting do not go in the Development Section. ✰ ☆ ★

When you flash roms, you have to wipe everything EXCEPT internal memory. I *hope* you made a backup of the stock rom before trying to flash. Also, which version of recovery are you using?

Your problem is you need to whipe system and data.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda premium