Seen a woman with a cm9 nexus s

Search This thread

Shark_On_Land

Sep 17, 2011
San Jose, Cali
Today I was at Rite Aid buying ice cream when the lady in front of me had her phone go off. At first I had thought nothing of it, until I recognized that it was the new CM9 ringtone that says "cyanogenmod" then brecks off into dubstep lalaland.

My point is she did not look like the type that would be into mobile hacking.

My theory is either her son or husband touches her phone, OR our little society is growing

Have any of you seen other Cyanogenmoded phones in the wild?

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Reactions: ajlunis

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
Never. One of my friends had a se x8 (yes its an ancient two years old model). Apart from his sms, contacts and few mp3, the phone rom is literally like its just came fresh from factory. No game, no apps, no nothing. Hell even the market wasnt activated yet, and theres no goggle account linked to that phone. Thats how i realize we the geeks are still minority among masses.

Deciare

Apr 22, 2012
Mississauga
One time, I heard the default CM6 notification tone (Pixie Dust) at a mall and got all excited that someone else was using a modded Android device... But it turned out that the notification came from mine. XD

I know a couple of tech people (a developer and an IT guy), even, who refrained from modding their phones because they didn't see a compelling reason for it.

I've encountered a number of second-hand devices (HTC G1, LG G2X, and HTC Sensation 4G) that were all modded by their previous caretakers, though. The mod versions weren't up to date, and one of them had stability issues, but there they were. I suppose it's possible that people who resell their devices tend to be enthusiasts?

qaz2453

Nov 20, 2010
Glasgow
i saw a nexus s in westfield carphone warehouse (london)

with a "do you want to unlock the bootloader screen" i was like :eek::eek:

i went back next week to find cm7 on it.... a show phone... in a massive shop.. in Europe's largest shopping center

how is that possible LOL

Never. One of my friends had a se x8 (yes its an ancient two years old model). Apart from his sms, contacts and few mp3, the phone rom is literally like its just came fresh from factory. No game, no apps, no nothing. Hell even the market wasnt activated yet, and theres no goggle account linked to that phone. Thats how i realize we the geeks are still minority among masses.

my friend has a Xperia X10 with no apps, games, just sms and basics....but worst of all..............he was still running ANDROID 1.6!!!

there and then in college... in class time... i updated his phone to 2.3.3 :D

Last edited:

wuggy

Mar 31, 2012
Redmi Note 10
oeshol success

seen couple ppl with galaxy ace or gio running cm9 and my friend has galaxy ace and i updated his phone to cm9 :)

opus_mh

Jun 16, 2011
I'm running 4.0.4 build cm9 with a matr1x kernel. Its a great daily driver. Its been rumored that cm9 was going to be available as an alternative to HTC sence on on their newer drives this year.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

SunnyBlue

Nov 22, 2010
Laval
Hey, somes guys i know are jealous because my phone is rooted, running cm9. Some if them come to see me for advices. I'm addicted to flash, tried different kernel. I cannot sait to get home to see what you guys have to say and tried. Somes of my nights are less boring because of XDA.
I'm in the fortys french canadian.
This world is really amazing sometimes!
I don't write often because I'm shy but your post made me laugh.
I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone for your hard work and dedication

lynyrd65

Jul 11, 2010
Tulsa
I hacked my sisters vibrant to run AOSP ICS and when she pulled it out to tether from it, one of the members of her club noticed and showed her his rooted nexus s.

Edit: btw my sister tethers between 20 and 60 gb a month on AT&T, unthrottled.

Oh and a few members of my fraternity are also flashaholics like me.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

g1user101

Apr 16, 2010
OC
Today I was at Rite Aid buying ice cream when the lady in front of me had her phone go off. At first I had thought nothing of it, until I recognized that it was the new CM9 ringtone that says "cyanogenmod" then brecks off into dubstep lalaland.

My point is she did not look like the type that would be into mobile hacking.

My theory is either her son or husband touches her phone, OR our little society is growing

Have any of you seen other Cyanogenmoded phones in the wild?

Sent from my iPhone

Where can I find this dub step ringtone?

Sent from my Sexy Sexy Nexus S

Deciare

Apr 22, 2012
Mississauga
Where can I find this dub step ringtone?

Sent from my Sexy Sexy Nexus S
You can extract it from a CM9 nightly build, it's in system/media/audio/ringtones/CyanTone.ogg.

i went back next week to find cm7 on it.... a show phone... in a massive shop.. in Europe's largest shopping center

how is the possible LOL
Whoa... That is amazing! :eek: If only more stores showed off what these devices were truly capable of, then I daresay they'll attract more informed customers. Though... Given that those of us who mod are used to looking online to learn how to do it ourselves, I guess it might not make so much of a difference in practice. ^^;

Still really cool to see it being flaunted by a major store though.

rickballs

Oct 24, 2010
One of the it guys at work got a nexus running aosp+. I told him "what are the odds. I use the same rom:D

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
I know a couple of tech people (a developer and an IT guy), even, who refrained from modding their phones because they didn't see a compelling reason for it.

That's me. I keep my bootloader locked and my firmware unrooted because root doesn't really provide me anything that I need. I've never really been into the whole custom ROM thing for a lot of reasons. So really, the only reason for me to root is because I can. Not a compelling reason in my book.

I'm happy just keeping my phone straight stock. The stock ROMs are generally very stable even if that comes at the cost of performance.

Reactions: mysterioustko

g1user101

Apr 16, 2010
OC
need more woman. ha. well i just sold a htc radar to a guy thats using a nexus s. we were just standing there and talking about our phones lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Talking bout that, why we never see a woman here in xda...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
    That's because you assume everyone in here is a man. We're on the internet, you could be a talking transsexual beaver with six legs and no one would know.

how is that possible LOL

my friend has a Xperia X10 with no apps, games, just sms and basics....but worst of all..............he was still running ANDROID 1.6!!!

there and then in college... in class time... i updated his phone to 2.3.3 :D
    That's me. I keep my bootloader locked and my firmware unrooted because root doesn't really provide me anything that I need. I've never really been into the whole custom ROM thing for a lot of reasons. So really, the only reason for me to root is because I can. Not a compelling reason in my book.

I'm happy just keeping my phone straight stock. The stock ROMs are generally very stable even if that comes at the cost of performance.

have to agree with you, I am fan of Flash, like to keep trying new roms, but haven't found a single rom that gives me better battery life then stock(yes even stock 4.03).
    there are many ROMS out here that have the stabilty and performance but when it comes to battery life Google has done it right...
    so whenever I am in my hometown I keep trying new Roms but once i am out to travel I keep going back to Stock, just cant beat it.
    Hey, somes guys i know are jealous because my phone is rooted, running cm9. Some if them come to see me for advices. I'm addicted to flash, tried different kernel. I cannot sait to get home to see what you guys have to say and tried. Somes of my nights are less boring because of XDA.
    I'm in the fortys french canadian.
    This world is really amazing sometimes!
    I don't write often because I'm shy but your post made me laugh.
    I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone for your hard work and dedication
    *Saw a woman with a cm9 nexus s

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA