Can't revert back to stock recovery, and other questions

Search This thread

azeem40

Jun 13, 2013
Frisco
Hello,
I am having some trouble reverting back from TWRP to Stock Recovery to do an OTA update to the 5/30 update. Whenever I flash the recovery in TWRP, it fails. Another problem I had was, when I was in stock recovery (before jumping to TWRP), I tried doing the OTA update, but when the phone rebooted to perform the update, it would stop half way and reboot back into the OS and no change would happen (even though it said "Updating ColorOS". Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown
Hello,
I am having some trouble reverting back from TWRP to Stock Recovery to do an OTA update to the 5/30 update. Whenever I flash the recovery in TWRP, it fails. Another problem I had was, when I was in stock recovery (before jumping to TWRP), I tried doing the OTA update, but when the phone rebooted to perform the update, it would stop half way and reboot back into the OS and no change would happen (even though it said "Updating ColorOS". Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

If you don't want to flash recovery via fastboot, use flash tool from play. Then try updating again.

tantrums

Apr 1, 2011
Inside my house
Hello,

You can use my recovery flasher to go back to stock recovery. Here

:)

Reactions: azeem40

azeem40

Jun 13, 2013
Frisco
Man, I used your recovery flasher to install the recovery, but it still doesn't let me install the OTA. It boots into recovery and nothing happens. When I reboot the phone, it says updating, but when I check for OTAs, it still says to install the update.

Doc Ames

Aug 18, 2012
Bloomington, MN
Man, I used your recovery flasher to install the recovery, but it still doesn't let me install the OTA. It boots into recovery and nothing happens. When I reboot the phone, it says updating, but when I check for OTAs, it still says to install the update.

That's odd. You could try this recovery:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53065486&postcount=84

It's official TWRP except it's modified to report the device as "FIND 7" (just like stock recovery) so it can flash stock ROMs/updates. I doubt the stock recovery uses open recovery script so I doubt you'll be able to initiate the flash via the settings menu. However you could try to install the OTA manually. I think the zip is placed in /sdcard/ota or something like that. I sent my Find 7a in so I can't verify the correct path.

azeem40

Jun 13, 2013
Frisco
That's odd. You could try this recovery:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53065486&postcount=84

It's official TWRP except it's modified to report the device as "FIND 7" (just like stock recovery) so it can flash stock ROMs/updates. I doubt the stock recovery uses open recovery script so I doubt you'll be able to initiate the flash via the settings menu. However you could try to install the OTA manually. I think the zip is placed in /sdcard/ota or something like that. I sent my Find 7a in so I can't verify the correct path.

Even when I use the zip, it gets like 1/4th of the way done and then says "installation failed"... Kind of frustrating.

Doc Ames

Aug 18, 2012
Bloomington, MN
Even when I use the zip, it gets like 1/4th of the way done and then says "installation failed"... Kind of frustrating.

Maybe check if the OTA is available for download here or on Oppo Forums with an MD5 so you can verify integrity. If not you could delete the .zip and redownload via software update. If all else fails you could switch to ColorOS 2.0 beta or try Gummy or Omni. I personally hated colorOS however I feel that 2.0 beta is actually more stable with less bugs.

azeem40

Jun 13, 2013
Frisco
Maybe check if the OTA is available for download here or on Oppo Forums with an MD5 so you can verify integrity. If not you could delete the .zip and redownload via software update. If all else fails you could switch to ColorOS 2.0 beta or try Gummy or Omni. I personally hated colorOS however I feel that 2.0 beta is actually more stable with less bugs.

I already tried it, but even that failed.. Color os didn't install either.

azeem40

Jun 13, 2013
Frisco
So no one has an idea on why I can't install the Ota? Even tried unrooting and trying the Ota that way, but it still failed. Even if I use recovery of color os to flash the Ota without root, it still fails. I don't know what else to do... I want to get Ota in case they update to 4.4 kitkat...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

You can use my recovery flasher to go back to stock recovery. Here

:)