M8 won't root

Search This thread

ILowry282

Oct 8, 2013
I had a rooted M8, however something was going wrong as it constantly rebooted. So I did a factory reset and that fixed the problem. However now it won't root for some reason. I have TWRP recovery and flashed the root file however when I do root checker it stated that I do not have root access. Anyone know what's wrong?

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
I had a rooted M8, however something was going wrong as it constantly rebooted. So I did a factory reset and that fixed the problem. However now it won't root for some reason. I have TWRP recovery and flashed the root file however when I do root checker it stated that I do not have root access. Anyone know what's wrong?

Have you tried flashing a different version of the root program? I assume it's SuperSU (From Chainfire) ? It still gave me root access on 1.94 I saw that he already updated to version 2.00 by now.

Perhaps try a different version and see what it does.

Thread to Chainfire's SuperSU

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Just use the normal install method from Google play. Twrp auto Installs the su binary the first time it is booted in to. Then just update super su via play store.