[ROM] HTC Spark W 7.8 (US Trophy) & HTC Spark 7.8 (EU Trophy) Sianto Edition AL

Search This thread

blarsen1620

Feb 16, 2009
OK, so below are screen shots of my app-list after installing 1.6 and the only thing I don't see that was in 1.5.5 is sound enhancer. But I did find a little bug, no virtual keyboard, text, web, anything. I'll also point out that when going through the initial setup, there is no activation part like previous builds. No clue if that means anything, doesn't to me having to dial *228, but I'm just sayin.

taarmen

Feb 24, 2008
Rotterdam
OK, so below are screen shots of my app-list after installing 1.6 and the only thing I don't see that was in 1.5.5 is sound enhancer. But I did find a little bug, no virtual keyboard, text, web, anything. I'll also point out that when going through the initial setup, there is no activation part like previous builds. No clue if that means anything, doesn't to me having to dial *228, but I'm just sayin.

What do you mean with no virtual keyboard? The normal keyboard that pops up to type?

The link tot HSPL on Trophy EU links to this thread, where can I find the right one?

Last edited:

crawler009

Jul 28, 2007
Status bar

Hello Guys,

this ROM seems to be very good. I'll install it the next days..
One question. In the screenshot the status bar is showing.
Does this ROM always show the status bar icons, or does it autohide?
I would really like if its showing always.

Best regards,
crawler

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
Ok, I tried 1.6, Neat, 7.8, over all seems to run pretty good, getting some XAP install errors when I first configure the phone but, after that it seems to run fine. Seems smooth over all. No noticed changes from Tango besides the start menu.

Camera is worse than a old Moto flip phone right now, no camera settings (if try to adjust settings, nothing is there).

Made a backup from the tool suggested from my custom Tango rom and it compeleted fine (size looks right too a little over 8gb)but, when I attempt to restore it, it will say restoring phone a 0%, then after about 10 min it errors out (zune didn't work but, using the tool that I took the backup, seemed to get to the next step). Anyone know a work around so I can go back for the time being ? Should I install my tango rom to my phone, then restore my backup over that ? Anyone have any luck with that.

Would like to stay with this but, till the camera works fine, I cant keep it... any thoughts ?

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
In 1.5.5 for the Spark_W the ROM was fine and free of errors; the only thing that needed to be changed were the camera flash settings; I'm wondering why the latest ROM now has more issues :confused: Please just fix the camera and that should be it.;)

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
In 1.5.5 for the Spark_W the ROM was fine and free of errors; the only thing that needed to be changed were the camera flash settings; I'm wondering why the latest ROM now has more issues :confused: Please just fix the camera and that should be it.;)

Yea, please fix the camera, do what XevRev did, he stripped the camera parts out of tango and everyone claims it works fine...

I was thinking about trying that one myself, if the camera and everything is fixed (it even allows you to take a zune update for the updated radio and drivers, claiming better battery life), on his 7.8 rom....

sianto1997

Jun 6, 2012
Yea, please fix the camera, do what XevRev did, he stripped the camera parts out of tango and everyone claims it works fine...

I was thinking about trying that one myself, if the camera and everything is fixed (it even allows you to take a zune update for the updated radio and drivers, claiming better battery life), on his 7.8 rom....

Working on it!

(Check first post)
(Keyboard and Camera should be fixed!)

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidinCT

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
Once the camera is fixed (this is what I am waiting for), is it possable to make this a HTC and Verizon phone ? Nokia apps are nice but, I want the HTC stuff and my Verizon apps so my phone should act the way it should and so I can access my accounts as I should on a Verizon phone.

Otherwise, I have to use another rom...

Last edited:

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
Once the camera is fixed (this is what I am waiting for), is it possable to make this a HTC and Verizon phone ? Nokia apps are nice but, I want the HTC stuff and my Verizon apps so my phone should act the way it should and so I can access my accounts as I should on a Verizon phone.

Otherwise, I have to use another rom...

Yes why is all the stuff Nokia? I would like to have the HTC Hub on my phone, I tried to download it but it only shows half a large tile and the drivers for the camera are awful.:crying:

GedZju

Mar 16, 2010
Vilnius
Hi. I've installed Sianto Edition 1.6v to my europian Spark and everything is working good :) no issues found. But I'll wait for latest updates or upgrades of this nice ROM :) Thank you very much !

Top Liked Posts