[Polls] Can TMO Note2 user use ATT Note2 ROMs? Check this out!

Did ATT Rom work for your Tmo Note II?? If yes write in comment which one!!

• Total voters
Search This thread

hannsz

Aug 9, 2009
For what it's worth, we flash both your T-Mobile and AT&T ROMs on our Korean E250L/S/K phones. Our ROMs are compatible with your phones as well.

corrosive

Sep 23, 2011
A note about this from recent trials and tribulations.

I flashed CM10.1 from get.cm which is for the international Note II and the rom worked fine, I just couldn't hook up to the Tmobile network though WiFi worked fine.

So you can flash different roms it just comes down to the radio drivers included with the ROMs. I'd roll CM 10.1 if I didn't need my tmobile hook up (or wasn't paying for it).

I'm wondering if it'd be possible to roll a rom that has the radio drivers from all the versions to make a 1 rom to rule them all sort of thing. :laugh:

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

I'm using an Unofficial CM10.1 ROM for AT&T and it shows my phone (SGH-T889) as SGH-l317 but I have T-Mobile baseband. Everything works great!

Did you use a recovery for the AT&T version? I've been contemplating do this since I miss 10.1 I had on my S3. :confused:

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Most of the devs wont include the radio in the rom. Back when I had the htc sensation it was one thread for all the sensation around the word. All we had to do to make roms work better was super cid. Which means that your radio is universal.

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here
Seems I've gotten confused here. I have a Tmobile Note 2 and want to try this rom. I flashed this rom with accompanying gapps in OP, then flashed the Perseus kernel (from the t-mobile xda orig development page) and I'm stuck on boot loop.

Should I have flashed the Perseus kernel from the At&t site? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
Seems I've gotten confused here. I have a Tmobile Note 2 and want to try this rom. I flashed this rom with accompanying gapps in OP, then flashed the Perseus kernel (from the t-mobile xda orig development page) and I'm stuck on boot loop.

Should I have flashed the Perseus kernel from the At&t site? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

What rom is this

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here

Thanks.

What rom is this

Oops, JellyBeer V3.35.

Thanks

edgar360

Feb 4, 2007
Oxnard, CA
ROM

I'll chime in on this one.

Im using this ROM along with the Perseus kernel. Battery life is excellent for my needs.

I also have Google Wallet fully working on my Tmobile Note 2 running unlocked on AT&T network.

Followed these directions to get Google Wallet up and running on this ROM.

Good luck!

Reactions: AngryDinosaur

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
Fully wipe, so cache and dalvik and factory reset, what I did with CleanRom was flash the rom and Perseus kernel for tmo note 2 it should work for jellybeer too, good luck

acideater

Sep 15, 2012
Gilbert
Don't flash Perseus for Jellybeer. That rom only supports the kernel that comes with it I believe.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

I flashed CM10.1 from get.cm which is for the international Note II and the rom worked fine, I just couldn't hook up to the Tmobile network though WiFi worked fine.

So you can flash different roms it just comes down to the radio drivers included with the ROMs. I'd roll CM 10.1 if I didn't need my tmobile hook up (or wasn't paying for it).

I'm wondering if it'd be possible to roll a rom that has the radio drivers from all the versions to make a 1 rom to rule them all sort of thing. :laugh:

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Did you use a recovery for the AT&T version? I've been contemplating do this since I miss 10.1 I had on my S3. :confused:

I flashed the AT&T version if that's what you're asking. After sometime using the rom I noticed a lot of bugs so I went back to Jedi until an official t889 rom comes out for CM10.1.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did this a long time ago.

ATT and TMobile roms don't mix

Because of user error. AT&T ROMS do work on our T Mobile Note2. Please stop giving incorrect information.

Can tmo note II user use Att note II roms?

Take the poll and Write which rom worked for you, and i will add to below

PLEASE FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISKS, PEOPLE WHO CONTRIBUTED IN THIS DISCUSSION DOES NOT HOLD RESPONSIBILITY TO WHAT YOU MIGHT DO TO YOUR DEVICE!!

I can add what roms work below.

Myself: TMO
    - CleanRom by scrosler, here is the link
    - Flashed Tmo Modem
    - Flashed Tmo Persus Kernel
    - Using TWRP Recovery

sanchitgrover:
    - CleanRom

rail205: Telus
    - CleanRom

Warrior1975:
    - JellyBeer
    - May or may not have bluetooth issue!

mojorisin7178:
    - JellyBeer

D_one:
    - JellyBeer

No, do not do this unless you want a very expensive paper weight

Sent from my GT-I9100
    If I helped you, please hit the thanks button!

Please don't reply to a question if you don't know the correct answer.

Clean rom works perfectly without a flaw.. no need to install any kernel,modem or anything .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I347 using xda premium
    Yea, so, jellybeer is absolutely amazing. It works flawlessly on my 889v.

Steps to flash:
    1. Wipe system/ factory restore
    2. Wipe davilk cache
    3. Flash Jellybeer
    4. Flash Modem (shouldn't be needed, but I did just in case)jj
    5. Flash Gapps

So, My question is, why don't we have a "universal CM10" This obviously works on quite a few devices. This topic is buried in Q & A. I would think that a perfectly working CM10 build would be big news for tmob users and us canadian minority that is sharing the tmob forum. The rom is awesome, the dpi and tablet modes really make the device feel right. The tablet ui puts the notifications on the bottom which is much more single hand use friendly.

Anyways, I hope other's try it. It is nice to know that we have working CM on our device. JS

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app