[TUT] Instructions MTK6577 USB VCOM Driver Installation

Search This thread

culae

Apr 30, 2013
error message with the SP flashtool

I tried to follow the guide step by step. I had some problems. as at step 9 I didn't have a "Media Tek Preloader..." but a something generic (like "unknown device..."). going on I didn't get a succesful instalation of the driver.
but continuing with the SP flashtool succeded nothing and after unpluging and repluging the Goophone i5S from the computer (still in off-mode) I get this message from flashtool (see attacment):

what the problem could be, guys?

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,524

zEr!

Aug 13, 2012
ahmedabad
Let me get this straight

and you cited ALL THE GUIDE just to say you don't find the driver?!!? could you, please, delete the unnecesary and long texts with no relevance to your question?

Im using a90s and i need drivers for win8...procedure doesnt seem to working...and there are no drivers for win8...now can you help mee ????????????

blacklord81

Jan 2, 2008
Im using a90s and i need drivers for win8...procedure doesnt seem to working...and there are no drivers for win8...now can you help mee ????????????

Hello, First, the windows8 drivers work fine, you just need to turn off the driver signing check, or windows wont load. i just did it and worked fine. To turn off the driver signing, you need to press shift + "restart" on your windows and select the following:
  • Troubleshoot
  • Advanced
  • Startup Settings
  • After restart, select option 7

After that, try to install the driver on the Unknown device or the yellow marked PreLoader.
I hope it helps.

Reactions: zEr!

imloy

Aug 4, 2012
Mumbai
Realme X2 Pro
I have tried this procedure but I am not able to install it. Instead of MediaTek 6577 driver, Mobistel PreLoader USB vcom gets installed. What is the matter? I want to udpate my Micromax A90s to jelly bean.

Rock-Ace

Mar 25, 2013
Hyderabad
Lg g pro lite...d686

Tried everything on this thread...none worked for me.. moreover VCOM drivers are not installing for me anyway on Win 8 even after removing driver signature enforcement.

shivg86

Jul 21, 2012
delhi
What is usb vcom driver? I dont know about this..pkease explain

Sent from my LG-D686 using Tapatalk 2

aleksandar-x

Jan 30, 2010
help guys this is really annoying :crying:
When i want to install drivers for usb while my phone is turned off and unplugged the battery, there is messing with usb port. It goes all the time on and off. The port goes nuts and sound all the time with plugged on/off
Android ADB interface is installing successfully but for rooting, i guess i must fill this step
" 4. Install your usb driver.disconnect your phone after driver installation,remove the battery and put it back in/don’t turn it on.
"
Please help

torjai.robert

Jun 5, 2014
Hy, I installed the VCOM drivers on Win 8 , in USBDeview I see the drivers but SP Flash Tool still gives me the error.

Maybe I need to try on Win XP? Maybe have better luck?

thablazor

Jun 17, 2014
i get mtk usb vcom driver instead of mtk preloader on win 8.1, is there sth am doing wrong?

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

The problem is that the link for Drivers for Windows 8 isnt the driver
Just look the links:

Download MT6577 USB VCOM Driver (W7/Vista/XP) -> http://www.mediafire.com/?cypm22rgs2k83ji
300kb?

Download MT6577 USB VCOM Driver (W8) -> http://www.mediafire.com/?7yee2of64nhl947
8 mg???

can the win8 version work with MT6589?

Joomlar

Jan 1, 2012
Hello,
I have Lenovo a850L with 8GB memory. I try to install this row rom http://www.needrom.com/mobile/a850-row-s127-140303-official/
Everthing was be ok, When a green circle appears i reset and power phone but phone can not power and nothing happened! He is break. I can not put in recovery mode and i can not turn phone.
Where is the problem? i try to reinstal drivers but now i can not install it because preloader appears 0.5 s and go out.

[4] Your switched off Smartphone with inserted rechargeable battery via USB connect now on the PC, you should now see a MT65xx preloader in the Device Manager.
(With some MTK6577 Smartphones should be installed without battery. Please before hand inform.)...

And what if MT65xx Preloader didn't appear at all ? What's wrong ? :( I can't go with your guide because when I connect my phone (switched off) nothing appears. Even without a battery the same thing happens. :(

bintang456

Sep 8, 2007
And what if MT65xx Preloader didn't appear at all ? What's wrong ? :( I can't go with your guide because when I connect my phone (switched off) nothing appears. Even without a battery the same thing happens. :(

same with me,all mtk driver i try but still can't connect,usb device not recognized...
with xp,win7 x32 and win 7 x64....:(:(

same with me,all mtk driver i try but still can't connect,usb device not recognized...
with xp,win7 x32 and win 7 x64....:(:(

and what exactly is your reason to connect your phone ? if you want to get a clockworkmod, other rom, or just root I did it in my way.
I will try to help you to do anything with your phone without computer.

bintang456

Sep 8, 2007
and what exactly is your reason to connect your phone ? if you want to get a clockworkmod, other rom, or just root I did it in my way.
I will try to help you to do anything with your phone without computer.

please help me sir..
i need flash cwm via micro sd,but signature failed..
recovery version 3e
apply update.zip still signature failed..
what version cwm with signed..
mtk make me frustasing.....

please help me sir..
i need flash cwm via micro sd,but signature failed..
recovery version 3e
apply update.zip still signature failed..
what version cwm with signed..
mtk make me frustasing.....

it's tough but i think you can get through this...do you have root or not yet ? if not than go to my topic about H7100 (http://xdaforums.com/general/general/h7100-alternate-rooting-cwm-adjust-t2913381) and follow my steps of how to root your MTK phone (that topic is about my H7100 and the recovery is ONLY for that phone !!!)....if you already have your phone rooted than just install Flashify and extract the recovery.img from that update.zip you've got and flash it....good luck

Last edited:

tribooter

Sep 2, 2014
Since here every day again and again problems with the USB VCOM driver installation for MTK6577 appear Phones, here is a short guide to the installation, and a final, successful test with SPFlashtool!

Installation of the USB VCOM driver:

[1] With USBDeview, clean up your PC from all possible old MTK VCOM entries, then reboot your PC.

usbdeview.gif

[2] Smartphone is switched off, and still dont connect via USB to the PC.

[3] Open Device Manager and leave it open!

[4] Your switched off Smartphone with inserted rechargeable battery via USB connect now on the PC, you should now see a MT65xx preloader in the Device Manager.
(With some MTK6577 Smartphones should be installed without battery. Please before hand inform.)

99033947.gif

[5] now launch the Installdriver.exe from the unzipped MT6577 USB VCOM drivers folder. Confirm the installation of unsigned drivers

78665039.gif

[6] now! (W7 x 64 this confirmation comes later in the manual installation!) After the installation is complete, you have no entry in the Device Manager, it is correctly!

25756381.gif

23882274.gif

[7] PC reboot!

[8] Open Device Manager and open the switched-off Smartphone via USB to the PC release, now connect (same USB port!)

[9] Now a MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM should appear for a brief moment in the Device Manager entry!

62160573.gif

[10] At the moment the entry double click and click on "Update driver" under the tab "Driver".

[11] With the wizard in the unzipped MTK 6577 USB VCOM drivers navigate and select the folder for your operating system.

22533278.gif

76779618.gif

50975179.gif

if this is shown, after updating driver, what should i do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since here every day again and again problems with the USB VCOM driver installation for MTK6577 appear Phones, here is a short guide to the installation, and a final, successful test with SPFlashtool!

Installation of the USB VCOM driver:

[1] With USBDeview, clean up your PC from all possible old MTK VCOM entries, then reboot your PC.

usbdeview.gif

[2] Smartphone is switched off, and still dont connect via USB to the PC.

[3] Open Device Manager and leave it open!

(With some MTK6577 Smartphones should be installed without battery. Please before hand inform.)

99033947.gif

[5] now launch the Installdriver.exe from the unzipped MT6577 USB VCOM drivers folder. Confirm the installation of unsigned drivers

78665039.gif

[6] now! (W7 x 64 this confirmation comes later in the manual installation!) After the installation is complete, you have no entry in the Device Manager, it is correctly!

25756381.gif

23882274.gif

[7] PC reboot!

[8] Open Device Manager and open the switched-off Smartphone via USB to the PC release, now connect (same USB port!)

[9] Now a MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM should appear for a brief moment in the Device Manager entry!

62160573.gif

[10] At the moment the entry double click and click on "Update driver" under the tab "Driver".

[11] With the wizard in the unzipped MTK 6577 USB VCOM drivers navigate and select the folder for your operating system.

22533278.gif

76779618.gif

50975179.gif

Required Downloads:
    Download MT6577 USB VCOM Driver (W7/Vista/XP) -> http://www.mediafire.com/?cypm22rgs2k83ji
    Download MT6577 USB VCOM Driver (W8) -> http://www.mediafire.com/?7yee2of64nhl947
    Download USBDeview -> http://www.mediafire.com/?becpnj761zh5o2w
    Download USBDeview x64 -> http://www.mediafire.com/?41i2k36yyi1fzhz
    Hello All,
    I tried both on window 7 & 8; 64 bit and procedure as mentioned by the OP is perfect; however i am posting it again here
    1) Download the flash tools from anywhere preferably most updated one: SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.01
    2) Download the recovery which ever you like TWRP / CMW (I tried both of them now and they are working for me on MMX A110)
    3) In your desktop / laptop please ensure you allow installation of unsigned drivers (youtube will help for this)
    4) Download and install MTK6577 Drivers for your device (this will only work after you clear step 3)
    5) If still not working, download USBDEVIEW (usb driver remover) and run it as "Administrator" uninstall all the USB drivers relevant to your device and repeat above steps
    6) Now connect your phone, with portable media option selected in USB or the default mode. Let it install and finish
    7) Once done switch-off your phone while it is connected through USB (Again this will install a driver which will look like MTK65xx something...
    8) Remove the battery of phone let your PC install the driver again (battery not plugged in, only phone connected with USB). You will see for a shot time that charging icon will appear on phone and disappear; this will install something in the background again on your PC
    10) To confirm this, put your battrey again back in your phone with USB (still) connected to PC
    11) go to system manager of your PC and look for MTK 6577 something ... something... driver
    12) Now disconnect your phone and switch it on
    13) Start the flash tool
    14) Select the recovery option only in tool (TWRP / CMW / LEWA Whichever you like)
    15) Click download
    16) Connect your phone (which i assume is switched on), once you connect switch it off (no need to remove battery or anything)
    18) Look at the status bar of your flash tool (nothing to worry, no need to do anything)
    19) RED Bar -> Yellow Bar -> Green Ring
    20) Disconnect
    21) Reboot in recovery (TWRP / CMW / LEWA) is flashed...
    I'm also having major troubles.
    Tried all the various instructions on win 8 x64 and win 7 x64 and the same thing keeps happening... the VCOM port will show for a couple of seconds, then disappear. When using the flash tool, it'll start, then just stop when the device disappears.

I suspect it's the phone (B92M) doing this, don't know if I need to put it in some kind of mode (recovery doesn't help)

I've followed ALL the instructions word for word now and still can't get it to install the MT6577 drivers correctly. I've tried the OP's method as well as apoorv.mehrotra's method. Have rebooted my PC now 28 times! Still can't get it to work. I have exactly the same problem as everyone else - the phone appears in device manager for 3 seconds then disconnects suddenly. Even the legacy installation method does not work. I've tried on a Windows 7 64-bit machine as well as a Windows XP 32-bit machine - exactly the same outcome each time.

Help!

The fact that the "preloader COM port" appears and then disappears 3 sec later IS THE CORRECT BEHAVIOR!! I also had a hard time with this driver because I thought it meant there was a problem. That's why when you flash with Flash_tool.exe, you FIRST click on "download" THEN connect the (off) phone. Flash_tool will connect to it in the brief moment it is seen by the device manager and KEEP IT CONNECTED while it flashes!
    IMHO, this information should be included in red in the 1st post because it seems to throw off a lot of people!
    Mediatek WHQL signed drivers. No need to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/64fabkzkk9qfhkm/MTK_USB_COM_Driver_SDK_v1.12.50.0_WHQL.rar

MediaTeks all serial port versions uses same driver, So if even your USB\VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX is not listed in this driver, just select one of listed and signed devices from list. They will still work.