[Wallpaper] Wakka Wallpaper v1.0.2 (2010-10-16)

Search This thread

JakeWharton

Mar 30, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
jakewharton.com
Wakka Wallpaper is an Android live wallpaper which emulates the popular 1980's arcade game of PacMan around your launcher icons.

Market link: http://tinyurl.com/24calz7 or search "Wakka Wallpaper" Namco has DMCA'd!

You can find the full downloads for free on the GitHub downloads page.

Introduction:

Screenshots:

Inspired by the iOS static wallpaper originally posted on Gizmodo and this comment on that post.

Become a fan on Facebook or follow me on Twitter for updates.

Please report all bugs to jakewharton@gmail.com or create an issue on the GitHub issue tracker. I'll try to keep up with any bugs posted here as well. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Foxwolfe

Nov 18, 2009
Seattle
So far this and the super mario world LWP are the only 2 I own/use (being that I still own a G1 doesn't help :p).

Great job OP.

chazam

Nov 26, 2005
Thurrock
gplus.to
Love the wallpaper! :D

I've created a very quick background which seems to work on ADW launcher running on Cyanogenmod 6. The only issue I'm having is getting the maze aligned on it as "the man" and the ghosts overlap the downward sections and my icons don't seem to sit right. :(
pac2.png

CAP201008031807.jpg

Is anyone talented enough to create a maze which would align with the icons and the characters? I'd love it if so!

Last edited:
Yes. Or you could contribute to the GitHub project in developing an advanced AI for the player and I will refund you the purchase price via PayPal.

Haha. I no longer have a bank account or credit card so I'll have to wait. As soon as I get one this will be the first thing I will purchase. Great work. Keep it up.

Sent from my FroyoEris using XDA App

JakeWharton

Mar 30, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
jakewharton.com
I've created a very quick background which seems to work on ADW launcher running on Cyanogenmod 6. The only issue I'm having is getting the maze aligned on it as "the man" and the ghosts overlap the downward sections and my icons don't seem to sit right. :(

Is anyone talented enough to create a maze which would align with the icons and the characters? I'd love it if so!

Or I could just incorporate the wall drawing feature into the wallpaper itself! Then all you'd need to do would be adjust the grid padding and the walls would move with it.

I also like the 8-bit look you have going on there so I think I'll add "8-bit" as an option under the drawing modes for the entities and game to give a true retro look. It'll use sprites modeled after the 8x8 pixel originals.

The wall additions shouldn't be hard so expect them soon. The 8-bit drawing mode for everything might take a bit longer, though.

chazam

Nov 26, 2005
Thurrock
gplus.to
Sounds great Jake! :D I'll keep mine for now as it is as it doesn't bother me too much.

Ill appreciate the updates!

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App