{ROM} Hermes WWE WM6.5 OS 5.2.28205.5.3.3 SeaDragon 6.50 V2 UC [YouTube], by ansar

Search This thread

jgsolo734

Jul 26, 2010
Initial observations

Hi,

I noticed the following:

1) Wifi setup is great, this is the first time i experience quick bonding between my Dopod 838 Pro and wifi router almost effortless.

2) The weather is also working great, I was able to change from default to my location and updated successfully.

3)The system is stable even switching from phone mode to wifi mode, however, i experience system freeze if both phone and wifi are switch on simultaneously, so must do Hard Reset.

4) I cannot find windows live messenger, I tried to install older version but not working, any idea how to have a working windows live messenger?

Overall, your Rom is great. :)

McTell

May 5, 2007
Leipzig
Hi,

Try it and you will see that hermes is more capable than 6.5!!

Mobile Vista 6.1 with the latest build of 5.2.21109.1.6.0 for hermes is launched long time ago.

Tnx for commenting and supporting.

Regards, ansar.

Thanks for responding, the thing is I felt in love with the super naked rom by CRC.

You screenshot indicates that you've "only" 18 mb left in the RAM... with an ultra naked version you can get more then 25... orr as in the crc rom:

download.pl

So, I'm asking, if you could make an ultra naked rom :)....

thanks
mctellu

jardan

Apr 14, 2006
so far your rom is amazing! very fast and stable. but I agree with Mctell, if you can make a naked version would be amazing! there are so many apps in this rom that I dont/wont use and they are just eating memory...

Thanks again for the rom, I think it is the best I tried so far.

jgsolo734

Jul 26, 2010
Initial observations (update)

I was able to install windows messenger live successfully via market place. The system slows a little bit, but working just fine.

Thank you again. Cheers!

chuckiebronco

Jul 16, 2008
You screenshot indicates that you've "only" 18 mb left in the RAM... with an ultra naked version you can get more then 25... orr as in the crc rom:

Dude, you are comparing WM 6.1 to WM 6.5... I think RAM usage in WM 6.5 is generally higher than in older roms.

Though, i second the request for a lite or naked version.

Thanks so far for your effort, ansar!

ansar.ath.gr

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2008
Sorry for the lame question, but what is UC READY?
Also how (and should I) increase the pool size to 8mb?

Hi,

1. User Customization takes place with SDConfig.txt and can load your settings after flash or hard reset.

2. Can be done with hexedit but i will issue 4,6,8,12 and 16 variations for playing around.

Regards, ansar.

ansar.ath.gr

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2008
Rom Version V2 with Extended Rom unified to main memory

Hi,

For all of you that complain for more ram, as a 1st step, i unified the extended rom with main memory.

Now the initial main memory of free program is 21.27MB and of free storage 53.13MB.

Version V2 released, check #1 post.

Regards, ansar.

Last edited:

MystaMagoo

Nov 15, 2008
www.teamagoo.uk
Thanks for responding, the thing is I felt in love with the super naked rom by CRC.

download.pl

So, I'm asking, if you could make an ultra naked rom :)....

thanks
mctellu

Shamanix's 'grass' has 32mb free (6.1)
utak3r's darkvision5 has 30 mb free (6.5)

This is one of the most stable 6.5's there is :D

sambhav

Jul 22, 2009
problem !!

Sorry for the lame question, but what is UC READY?
Also how (and should I) increase the pool size to 8mb?

hello i love this rom but i just have a problem...when i accept an incoming call i am unable to transmit the audio...ie ..i can clearly hear the person but he can;t hear me even i am shouting !!!

please help ...i really want to keep this rom !!

jardan

Apr 14, 2006
hello i love this rom but i just have a problem...when i accept an incoming call i am unable to transmit the audio...ie ..i can clearly hear the person but he can;t hear me even i am shouting !!!

please help ...i really want to keep this rom !!

you mean using a bluetooth headset or the device?

I dont have that problem, everything works great! actually it is the fastest and most stable rom I ever used. its like my device is reborn! thanks ansar, amazing rom! The only thing left is to create a naked version for all of us who dont need/ dont use all the stuff you have included...

sambhav

Jul 22, 2009
the device i am not able to talk back on phone most of the time...it gets fixed after a soft reset but after 5-10 min ..the problem again shows up !!

:(((((((((((((((((
PLEASE HELP...I LOVE THIS ROM !!!...REALLY WANT TO KEEP IT !!

xjuk

Aug 15, 2010
+1 for "minimal" or lite version.
I'd love to have a stable 6.5 with minimal SW just reg tweeks.
I like shamanix way - minimal ROMs and ability to download/install extra cabs if anybody wants.
Thanks for your work!

juvuk

Aug 5, 2010
Hi,

thanks so much for this rom, i love it! been using for about a week and it's brilliant!!

only thing i have found is nothing seems to be able to find the GPS, is GPS supported by this rom?

cheers, JuvUK:)

mck062002

Nov 21, 2007
+1 for "minimal" or lite version.
I'd love to have a stable 6.5 with minimal SW just reg tweeks.
I like shamanix way - minimal ROMs and ability to download/install extra cabs if anybody wants.
Thanks for your work!

Is there any 3G version? I really need video calling.

rjstep3

Apr 4, 2008
London
thanks Ansar, this is a nice ROM.

I have a number of HTC gadgets as per my sig below - over the past few days, I discovered how to flash ROMs and they all have new up to date ROMs, it's just brilliant.

One question - why include the weather program on the home page? I have no idea what the codes are to show my location (London, England), and it's silly to go around showing New York, which is not really relevant to my daily life ....

Can I lose the weather program from the Today screen, alternatively, how would I get the weather for London, England?

thanks for your work,
rjstep3

ndnghia

Sep 19, 2007
Nice ROM. It's very fast but I meet trouble with Mobile Pocket Reader. I can't do anything if I open the file larger than 2Mb. Can't terminate program by Process Manager. The only way is restart my cell phone. My cell phone is Cingular 8525.

rjstep3

Apr 4, 2008
London
Glad to see someone is keeping the hermes alive throughout all these years.

This ROM is really good, and fast too on this gadget - haven't used it in years, just got it out from storage.

What has amazed me is the battery on this device, much better than the TyTN II - and that after it had been in storage for a couple of years! it's also slightly lighter than the TyTN II.

Out of my vintage collection, I am also enjoying the Universal with an updated ROM.

rjstep3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Due to wp7 projects there is no much spare time, but an 290xx udate will be created in near future

Regards, ansar
    I just downloaded this and so far I am liking it but...

Is there a way to switch the keyboard layout to cingular because my keys don't line up.

Also is there a way to remove the weather ap?

I need to find the comm manager with the full range of options including turning off 3g as well as data etc. The one that comes with it only does 3 things.

I also need to find the led flashlight ap

text messaging thing where it groups them all so you can view entire convo with someone like my old crc rom

and last I can't connect to my att internet for some reason

If anyone can help with any of these items I would greatly appreciate it.

to remove weather apps you can use Total Commander :)

for flashlight use Flashlite a VJCandelaLite ( VJCandela can be assigned to the key on your Universal Backlight by creating Following the key in your registry and copying the contents of over a similar entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Shell \ Keys \ 40C8] )

for keyboard use RescoKeyboard
    Good Luck :):)
    anyone share me the mediafire link . i can't download with rapid

you can try to download it from here
    Calls on mute after suspend mode

I still have a major issue about this rom. It is very fast and reliable, but sometimes when I make a call the microphone is mute. If I soft-reset the device, mic is normal again.

The problem occurs every time the device goes to suspend mode. This happens, by default, every 1 minute when the phone is not connected to the wall charger (or active sync usb). Any call I make after that is on mute, nobody can hear me.

If I soft-reset the device, everything goes back to normal until the phone goes to suspend again.

I tested that for a whole day. If I set the device to never turn off, mic is always ok. If I press power to force the device to suspend, the problem appears.

Does anybody have any idea on how to fix that?
    perhaps this link could help solve the problem on your device

I don't think so, this thread is about installing a clicking sound, nothing about microphone.

I installed the cab, just to see what is going to happen...

Anyway, I found a strange workaround. If my device goes to sleep mode, when it wakes up I press the voice command on the left of the phone and I don't have any mute problem. Strange...