The hangout thread (official)

Search This thread

faehsemc

Jun 25, 2011
Titusville
Just in case anyone was wondering... No, you can not be military intelligence with a 18 on the asvab... you shouldn't have even been able to pass 3rd grade... AAAAAAGGGGHHH.

Sorry but I just needed to *****...

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

dreamkiller80

Dec 10, 2011
Virginia Beach
Just in case anyone was wondering... No, you can not be military intelligence with a 18 on the asvab... you shouldn't have even been able to pass 3rd grade... AAAAAAGGGGHHH.

Sorry but I just needed to *****...

Don't you get 20 points for getting your name right

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

faehsemc

Jun 25, 2011
Titusville
What about my 93? And my gt score of 130?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

We dont do gt. All branches have different line scores, but a 93 is amazing. Mostly become Nuclear Engineers with that high.

Don't you get 20 points for getting your name right

Lol, think that's the SAT. I get so many 7,10, 20 somethings its ridiculous. That's the most annoying thing about recruiting.. and then these kids think they're entitled to special treatment. I wish school teachers would let these kids know they're dumb and fail them. I hate this no kid left behind crap. There should be a 300 deal where worthless people get thrown off a cliff.

knipp21

May 23, 2010
FT Riley BIG RED ONE
We dont do gt. All branches have different line scores, but a 93 is amazing. Mostly become Nuclear Engineers with that high.

Lol, think that's the SAT. I get so many 7,10, 20 somethings its ridiculous. That's the most annoying thing about recruiting.. and then these kids think they're entitled to special treatment. I wish school teachers would let these kids know they're dumb and fail them. I hate this no kid left behind crap. There should be a 300 deal where worthless people get thrown off a cliff.

Yea I forget what my navy scores were..I joined when the quota was already full for the army though so my best jobs to choose were forwards observer and Calvary scout..I choose forward observer.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

faehsemc

Jun 25, 2011
Titusville
I went up to the office and the guy gave me a sheet for advanced electronics.. told me I work it radars and guns and asked if it sounded cool.. I wanted crypto, but my mother isn't a citizen so I couldn't do it... even though my dad was crypto. Didn't make sense. And I have a top secret clearance still which is the whole reason I was told I couldn't do crypto in the first place because of my mom.

dreamkiller80

Dec 10, 2011
Virginia Beach
I went up to the office and the guy gave me a sheet for advanced electronics.. told me I work it radars and guns and asked if it sounded cool.. I wanted crypto, but my mother isn't a citizen so I couldn't do it... even though my dad was crypto. Didn't make sense. And I have a top secret clearance still which is the whole reason I was told I couldn't do crypto in the first place because of my mom.

Yea being an FC was awesome, population control and urban redevelopment ftw. And even though I wasn't in CS-7 I did get to fire the CIWS once and that is an amazing feeling but never got a chance for sea sparrow.

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
Has anyone been following the Galaxy S3 press conference??? YAY OR NAY???

I'm thinking nay.....

if(reader != sleeping)
___rant();
else
___wake_reader(); // :p
___rant();
endif

rant() {
I've been following it intently. I watched the whole live stream of the main event... The software sounds impressive, but basically an attempt to copy and improve upon siri. Not at all original, but still a note-worthy attempt. Hopefully all of it works smoothly and is not just a gimmick. I am impressed by the internals, but I have a suspicion that the processor is gonna be the Qualcomm S4 in US as the scumbags at Qualcomm have decided not to share their LTE tech. Aren't they supposed to in order to avoid anti-trust/anti-competitive policies? At least license the tech (and OF COURSE they will, if they do share) so that they still make money like ARM does... >_<

BUT, I don't like the look of it. The phone (hardware) looks ugly in comparison to the One X which just looks elegant and beautiful. Then comes the OS! Android OS was modified SOOOO much and looks so much like Gingerbread that I was actually surprised/astonished that ICS can be made so Fugly!!! :eek::eek::eek: In comparison, HTC's take of ICS was much more pleasant and elegant. In fact I like the HTC's Sense 4 UI quite a lot, so much so that I am inclined to install a Sense 4 ROM once most of the bugs are ironed out. On the other end of the spectrum, Samsung's take of ICS is an embarrassment for the Android world! Gah! It is horrid. Though some of their siri-like-personalizations are nice, the overall OS is a turn off. I suppose you could install AOSP ICS but then you'll lose out on their special touches (software mods) unless those can be ported over.

My second doubt is whether Verizon will pick this up. As of now, Verizon doesn't have any noteworthy phones other than Motorola (except Gnex, but then again EVERY carrier has it and hence it is not a differentiating factor). And I loathe Motorola and will never buy from then ever again. No flagship Verizon phone :/

In summary, though the SGS3 is a great phone, I am disappointed by the looks of the OS and the hardware. I really wish HTC brings a One X or a variant or any phone from its One series onto Verizon! Come on, you slouch! Get your ass of the couch and make me a CDMA One X!!!
}

-- Compilation Error -- D'oh!

Last edited:
Reactions: Linch89

Amphibliam

Feb 28, 2011
Well, read all the GS3 info, said "nope" and ordered my Nexus today. Should be here Tuesday.

Linch89

Jul 11, 2011
Jacksonville
I have an upgrade but my contract is up in July. Idk what to do really. If I reup my Verizon contract I won't have unlimited data anymore will I? Sprint still has it though right? I was thinking about the onex as well but that means att and I'm not too sure about that....incredible 4g looks nice as well but I swear to god if it ships with anything but 4.0 I'm going to haze the f*ck out of HTC

tnez

Dec 30, 2010
I have an upgrade but my contract is up in July. Idk what to do really. If I reup my Verizon contract I won't have unlimited data anymore will I? Sprint still has it though right? I was thinking about the onex as well but that means att and I'm not too sure about that....incredible 4g looks nice as well but I swear to god if it ships with anything but 4.0 I'm going to haze the f*ck out of HTC

.....You keep the unlimited data plan when you reup

Sent from my VivoW using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Linch89

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Well, read all the GS3 info, said "nope" and ordered my Nexus today. Should be here Tuesday.

I was so disappointed with the S III! I wasn't planning on getting it either way, but, for all the hype they built, I was unimpressed. The specs only confirmed that the EVO LTE is the next phone for me.

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Tarpit_Carnivore

Apr 13, 2010
SIII was so uneventful and did not live up to the hype. Is it me or all these samsung phones getting incredibly boring? It's also hilarious at the amount SII variations that came out.

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA

yeah your fine on unlimited data, theres no difference going 3g only phone to lte

inc 4g is confirmed (well as much as an unreleased/unannounced phone can be) to have sense 4.0

RegnierD

yeah your fine on unlimited data, theres no difference going 3g only phone to lte

inc 4g is confirmed (well as much as an unreleased/unannounced phone can be) to have sense 4.0

I'm gonna miss your roms, Nit. Especially G-Bang M.There's an elegance in the simplicity, yet so many customization options. Stock 2.1 has never been so appealing.

But, it will be nice to run full Sense 4 natively. Plus, I know Newt is getting the Evo LTE as well as Aamikam and several other big devs from the Evo forums, which is HUGE! They have so many users... It's gonna be nuts. I'm hoping that the rooting/flashing process is real hard. Lol JK.

Maybe we'll have to get you one. ;)

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
I'm gonna miss your roms, Nit. Especially G-Bang M.There's an elegance in the simplicity, yet so many customization options. Stock 2.1 has never been so appealing.

But, it will be nice to run full Sense 4 natively. Plus, I know Newt is getting the Evo LTE as well as Aamikam and several other big devs from the Evo forums, which is HUGE! They have so many users... It's gonna be nuts. I'm hoping that the rooting/flashing process is real hard. Lol JK.

yeah that phone should have a big following for sure :)

Don't forget RCTeam.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

RegnierD

Don't forget RCTeam.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Oh what? Their whole team is gonna be on that? Niiice! Only 14 more days until launch!

It's the first time I've ever waited to preorder anything or gotten something on launch day. It also means I'll have a real phone again, instead of whatever WiFi networks I manage to find out and about.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Figured is help y'all out, give you guys a place to talk bout stuff other then android in a place where people won't get mad.

I will be watching this thread, so try to behave, have fun :D
    Let us all take a moment of silence in respect for the brave Americans (citizens, police officers, and firefighters) who lost their lives twelve years ago on this date, September 11.
    ebe3u3y7.jpg
    I just pooped and it looked like an apple..... hope I don't get sued or banned from pooping :D

Sent from Kangdemnation
    As of last night, I am officially a daddy to a baby boy!

Sent from my Oney Bone.
    It's official the dinc2, is my easiest thread. Y'all should get an award