[Q] Lost IMEI? only showing zero's?

Search This thread

dav08094194

Dec 22, 2010
Chichester
Hi guys im following this guide;

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2569904

Im planning to install Paranoid Android on there.

Everything went well including,

1. Downgrading from .290 to .532
2. Rooting the phone.
3. Backing up TA Partition.

I encountered a problem when it came to unlocking the bootloader. I typed in *#06# to find out my imei and was greeted with a line of zero's?

All the threads I can find say that updating to the latest version which for me is .290 again will recover my imei but although I can download the firmware on the phone via wifi it fails to install every time i try.

My baseband is still showing up on the phone its just the imei which has gone.

I cant download any files on the ftf deposit section either as all the links i need for the eu are missing?

Any help would be much appreciated Thanks.

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Hi guys im following this guide;

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2569904

Im planning to install Paranoid Android on there.

Everything went well including,

1. Downgrading from .290 to .532
2. Rooting the phone.
3. Backing up TA Partition.

I encountered a problem when it came to unlocking the bootloader. I typed in *#06# to find out my imei and was greeted with a line of zero's?

All the threads I can find say that updating to the latest version which for me is .290 again will recover my imei but although I can download the firmware on the phone via wifi it fails to install every time i try.

My baseband is still showing up on the phone its just the imei which has gone.

I cant download any files on the ftf deposit section either as all the links i need for the eu are missing?

Any help would be much appreciated Thanks.

have you rooted / backed up the TA yet?

Don't worry about the imei for now, get the two above steps done the flash a .290 or .136 ftf from flashtool to get on the latest firmware, then flash recovery, then the PA Rom.

You dont have to use a CE/EU ftf just any of the generic ones will do US or asia.

dav08094194

Dec 22, 2010
Chichester
have you rooted / backed up the TA yet?

Don't worry about the imei for now, get the two above steps done the flash a .290 or .136 ftf from flashtool to get on the latest firmware, then flash recovery, then the PA Rom.

You dont have to use a CE/EU ftf just any of the generic ones will do US or asia.

I had rooted and have a back up of the TA.

I flashed the .257 which was german and am installing the .136 firmware and ive now got my imei back for now :D