S3 always showing pluged in earphones icon. Module replacement didn't help.

Search This thread

BenasJ

Mar 10, 2013
Hello

I have problem with my s3 i9300. Last week I recognised that earphones icon is always showing that they are pluged in, even if they not. I ve tried to reinstall firmware, fully cleaned cache, tried to clean socket with compressed air. Nothing helped. However, using SoundAbout app sound plays nicely thru speaker and thru headphones. (so it should mean parts are working).

Today I received headphones/speaker module replacement from ebay. I replaced it, but now its even worse, speaker not making any sound at all and earphones icon is still on top all the times (I asked for refund on ebay because I think the module is broken). However, because its still showing headphones icon, I think problem is somewhere else.

Any Ideas what else I can do, before taking phone to service and being there robbed?

I appreciate your help!

Andr3y29

Jan 31, 2013
Buzau
First, if you changed that module, Samsung official Service can't do anything about it. As they would say it is your fault. You should have gone to the service first. At least to ask they if they have a solution. I saw you deleted cache, but try first to backup everything, and then format all partitions (save backup on SD card). Then flash another ROM.
You said that now speakers aren't working now, but does the headphones work ? Are you sure you didn't damaged some of speaker's components while changing the jack ?

BenasJ

Mar 10, 2013
First, if you changed that module, Samsung official Service can't do anything about it. As they would say it is your fault. You should have gone to the service first. At least to ask they if they have a solution. I saw you deleted cache, but try first to backup everything, and then format all partitions (save backup on SD card). Then flash another ROM.
You said that now speakers aren't working now, but does the headphones work ? Are you sure you didn't damaged some of speaker's components while changing the jack ?

Ive bought this phone secondhand without warranty so Samsung service cannot help me anyway.

How to format internal storage? You really think it could help?

Its just my English, that's why I cannot explain clearly. Sorry for that

Module 1
Original headphones/speaker module issues:
1) Earphones icon always on top
2) Media is playing only thru headphones (ringing tone/notifications working fine, sound can be redirected to play from speaker using SoundAbout).

Module 2
Headphones/Speaker module from Ebay issues:
1) Earphones icon always on top
2) Media is playing only thru headphones
3) Ringing tone/notifications not working. (Media cannot be redirected to play sound from speaker using SoundAbout app)
4) No sound at all from speaker

I have played around with both modules a few times. Everytime I plug it in, they got same issues.

Anyway, I'll try to reinstall different firmware now. I'll let you know results, but honestly I dont believe It could help because I've never used custom ROM. All firmwares I've installed are from SAM mobile site.

BenasJ

Mar 10, 2013
Internal memory format and new firmware (I9300XXUGMK6_I9300OXAGMK6_BTU) installation didn't help. Galaxy still thinks that earphones are pluged in.