root on locked bootloader KITKAT ? ? :(

Search This thread

SPYWARE_Holdings_Janath

Oct 22, 2011
Bydgoszcz
im curious if there is any way to push "su" to the the system?

i mean cmon there are pleanty of KITKAT 4.4.2 fastboot files.
i have tried pushing "su" maually with "pwn" exploit.

tried with following exploits
-psneuter
-pwn

but no luck there.
any one pleaseeeee...im dieing here..

our system details.
- LOCKED BOOTLOADER ( :( )
- KIT KAT 4.4.2
- Blur_Version.183.46.10.XT907.Verizon.en.US ( KDA20.62-10.1 )

what i tried is

Code:
adb devices
adb push pwn /data/local/tmp
adb shell
$ cd /data/local/tmp
$ chmod 777 pwn
$ ./pwn

( NO LUCK GETTING PERMISSION AFTER $ ./pwn )

At this point, the exploit will run and close the shell. You will need to run these commands to restart the ADB server.

adb kill-server
adb devices
Now comes the moment of truth. Use the

adb shell
command to open a shell. If you see a "#" sign, you have root access, so go ahead and continue to the next part.
If not, you can go back and try the previous steps again

We now need to make this root permanent. From the root shell you just opened, type the following commands.

# mount -o remount,rw -t rfs /dev/block/st19 /system
# exit
adb push busybox /system/bin
adb push su /system/bin
adb install Superuser.apk
adb shell
# chmod 4755 /system/bin/busybox
# chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
# mount -o remount,ro -t rfs /dev/block/st19 /system
# exit
adb reboot

gys lets make this happen any how.....lets roll...

Last edited:

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
Every root method I've ever found for KK requires an unlocked bootloader, and I'm talking about looking outside the box at all different brands/models of phones too. I guess Google finally figured how to lock things up as well as Apple. I've read XDA user "jcase" had discovered a KK exploit that works on some Motorolas, but he's keeping it secret for some mysterious reason and will be presenting it at a Black Hat conference. Why anyone would rather help companies than consumers is beyond my comprehension, but it is what it is.

kabaldan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Prague
android.doshaska.net
Every root method I've ever found for KK requires an unlocked bootloader, and I'm talking about looking outside the box at all different brands/models of phones too. I guess Google finally figured how to lock things up as well as Apple. I've read XDA user "jcase" had discovered a KK exploit that works on some Motorolas, but he's keeping it secret for some mysterious reason and will be presenting it at a Black Hat conference. Why anyone would rather help companies than consumers is beyond my comprehension, but it is what it is.

Every exploit has two sides to it: it can be used more or less legitimately by users to obtain root privileges, but it can be also abused by rogue apps to gain control over someone else's device.

When you find an exploit, the sooner you publish it, the sooner it will be patched in a firmware update, making it unusable any more for gaining root privileges. And since you've published it, the bad guys can make their use of it as well.

Patching existing vulnerabilities by companies is natural and essentially made in favour of user's safety.
The specific timing of releasing details about some found vulnerability can be part of a tactic - you can give users a window for gaining root just after a specific expected firmware release for some device. If an exploit is published too soon, it will be patched in an upcoming firmware update and no one will be able to use it for rooting...

Reactions: RikRong

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Every exploit has two sides to it: it can be used more or less legitimately by users to obtain root privileges, but it can be also abused by rogue apps to gain control over someone else's device.

When you find an exploit, the sooner you publish it, the sooner it will be patched in a firmware update, making it unusable any more for gaining root privileges. And since you've published it, the bad guys can make their use of it as well.

Patching existing vulnerabilities by companies is natural and essentially made in favour of user's safety.
    The specific timing of releasing details about some found vulnerability can be part of a tactic - you can give users a window for gaining root just after a specific expected firmware release for some device. If an exploit is published too soon, it will be patched in an upcoming firmware update and no one will be able to use it for rooting...