[Q] Unable to mod my stock rom via Gravity Box

Search This thread

prashantvrm

Jan 25, 2011
Lucknow
I am facing several prolems in my XOLO A500s ROM (MTK 6572)
I have deodexed my stck rom + rooted but i am unable to implement the Gravity BOX fetures
Like: i can't get the data speed monitor mod,nor the clock mod and many more.
But there's custom rom which has this fuctionality to apply all the gravity box mods.
Is there something i need to change in my stock rom.
Please guide me through this.:highfive:
NOTE: I don't want to use the custom ROM because they have some problems in them some of them don't have gps on/off,another have the 1 MP camera insted of 5MP.
Another show internel memory as SD card and SD Card as internel.
The worst ROM problem can't turn on/off wifi (I managed to solve this on my own but still they have some other problems)

I want you guys to help me in out so that i can have a better stock rom:D

droidmahadi

Mar 4, 2014
I am facing several prolems in my XOLO A500s ROM (MTK 6572)
I have deodexed my stck rom + rooted but i am unable to implement the Gravity BOX fetures
Like: i can't get the data speed monitor mod,nor the clock mod and many more.
But there's custom rom which has this fuctionality to apply all the gravity box mods.
Is there something i need to change in my stock rom.
Please guide me through this.:highfive:

I want you guys to help me in out so that i can have a better stock rom:D

probably your stock rom is not real aosp.it is modded.so that,this problem happened.

could you help me in this
It is simple, nothing will work if the ROM is not close to AOSP.
In order to get GB to work, you will need to ditch your stock ROM and install a custom ROM which are extremely AOSP-based (CM won't get it work too).
If you insist, then you can do only nothing as the dev behind GB already stresses that GB are for AOSP ROMs and he will never ever interested on giving unsupported devices any support

Unless you're so desperate for it
You can learn compiling and decompiling so that you can grab some GB source code and make it work on your stock ROM.

Last edited:

prashantvrm

Jan 25, 2011
Lucknow
It is simple, nothing will work if the ROM is not close to AOSP.
In order to get GB to work, you will need to ditch your stock ROM and install a custom ROM which are extremely AOSP-based (CM won't get it work too).
If you insist, then you can do only nothing as the dev behind GB already stresses that GB are for AOSP ROMs and he will never ever interested on giving unsupported devices any support

Unless you're so desperate for it
You can learn compiling and decompiling so that you can grab some GB source code and make it work on your stock ROM.

I tried to to replace all the files(/system/app and /system/framework) inside the stock rom with a working custom rom(in which GB was full functioning) but when i replaced th the device was working as it was supposed to work but still GB was not working after this method

I tried to to replace all the files(/system/app and /system/framework) inside the stock rom with a working custom rom(in which GB was full functioning) but when i replaced th the device was working as it was supposed to work but still GB was not working after this method
That's not how custom ROM works. And what you have done is seriously wrong :eek:
Flashing a completely new ROM is better than the unsafe file overwriting inside /system/xxxxx . Though it might be working in your eyes, however I am pretty sure there are many errors in the logcat since you have mixed up your ROM with unfamiliar files.

Flash a custom ROM that is AOSP or code a new app that does what GB does for your device

Please take note of the above paragraph. That's the choices you have.

I was using GB before. Since I tried CM, and loved it, I have been known that GB won't be supported on CM. What I did was I completely abandon GB. I even have donated to such app. I feel sad, but yea life must go on :D

Last edited:

prashantvrm

Jan 25, 2011
Lucknow
That's not how custom ROM works. And what you have done is seriously wrong :eek:
Flashing a completely new ROM is better than the unsafe file overwriting inside /system/xxxxx . Though it might be working in your eyes, however I am pretty sure there are many errors in the logcat since you have mixed up your ROM with unfamiliar files.

Flash a custom ROM that is AOSP or code a new app that does what GB does for your device

Please take note of the above paragraph. That's the choices you have.

I was using GB before. Since I tried CM, and loved it, I have been known that GB won't be supported on CM. What I did was I completely abandon GB. I even have donated to such app. I feel sad, but yea life must go on :D

thanks for your reply
now i am going to get to work with on your suggestion thanks