[ROM][CM11][17 NOV] Codename Lungo

Search This thread

TimV_

Nov 16, 2011
Armhem
timveluwenkamp.eu
Overview
Codename Lungo is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices. Based on CyanogenMod, Codename Lungo is designed to increase battery life and size over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers.

Features
  • Great Base
  • Lightweight & Fast
  • No Bloatware!
  • Longer Battery Life
  • Custom Launcher
  • Add-ons
  • Community Driven
  • And so much more...

Screenshots

Changelog

Credits and Acknowledgments
check the Codename Lungo website ;)

Links & Other info

Facebook & Google+!
Codename Lungo is a Community driven ROM! So we now have a Facebook Group and a Google+ Page & Community
Here you can post mods, new ideas or just chat about the ROM!
Enjoy and JOIN! Facebook Page | Google+

Download ROM!
@ Codename Lungo Website​

XDA:DevDB Information
Codename Lungo , ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
TimV_
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Current Beta Version: CM11
Beta Release Date: 2014-11-17

Created 2014-09-04
Last Updated 2015-01-15

Last edited:

marc206

Dec 29, 2010
Microsoft Surface Duo
Codename Nice Work!!! just installed and it works flawlessly haven't found a thing wrong yet. Everything seems to be working. I installed stock pa gapps after the first reboot. That's the big thing to remember. Flash rom, boot up, reboot to recovery flash gapps and voila. Thanks Dev:good:

|Renovatio|

Jul 10, 2014
Codename Nice Work!!! just installed and it works flawlessly haven't found a thing wrong yet. Everything seems to be working. I installed stock pa gapps after the first reboot. That's the big thing to remember. Flash rom, boot up, reboot to recovery flash gapps and voila. Thanks Dev:good:

So no need to flash kernel or other things, just have to access recovery and flash this one?

My battery seems poor, do not know if depends from firmware or just have to change phone lol.

Any reviews about battery life? Thanks a lot

pargop

Apr 2, 2013
Tallinn
Great job!
Just installed, no problems occurred yet.
What about OTA updates? Or do we have just flash new version of zip over current, if this will be available?

Keep up!

D

Deleted member 5862960

So no need to flash kernel or other things, just have to access recovery and flash this one?

My battery seems poor, do not know if depends from firmware or just have to change phone lol.

Any reviews about battery life? Thanks a lot

Battery life is pretty good for me (I will make a screenshot later- loaded it fully few hours ago)

nklenchik

Oct 24, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Gonna try this out. Wondering how it compares to stock, which is really good.

Edit: performance is great! The only I can't get to work is the camera and gallery displaying pictures taken, even older ones.

I'll report back with idle drain later.

Edit 2: Idle drain so far seems just fine to me, although the camera is still an issue. It will snap a picture, freeze, and not save that picture. I could be wrong, but I think it has to with the fact that its saving them to /sdcard/DCIM instead of /emulated/0/

Last edited:

Spectre370

Jun 11, 2012
Torch does not seem to be working. Besides that it works great. Hopefully this one doesn't have the RAM bug like the others do.

EDIT: A lot of issues. I can't send messages in any messaging app, I get random slow downs that become beyond usable laggy. I don't even know if I've gotten any phone calls currently as I'm not sure if calling is working either.

Guess its back to stock I go.

Last edited:

nklenchik

Oct 24, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Were your photos stored on the phone or SD card? Also is that the default Motorola Camera app?

With the app fix they're on my external sd card now, and it's the one included with the rom - cm camera. I tried to install the moto camera from my stock rom but it won't accept the install (didn't try any xposed modules to fix that either)

nklenchik

Oct 24, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Battery test: Really nice! I was at school, work, and asleep for a good portion of this but I stopped keeping track when I hit 33% to charge it back up for the gym.

If I didn't go on reddit loading a bunch of gifs I could have probably hit 3-4 hours of screen on time nearing 2 days and no charge.

Brightness is kept at 30% always.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-15-18-13-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-15-18-13-38.png
    141.8 KB · Views: 485
  • Screenshot_2014-09-15-18-13-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-15-18-13-46.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 491
  • Screenshot_2014-09-15-18-13-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-15-18-13-55.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 467

fl0wfr

Jan 2, 2010
Paris
I tried this ROM, it's a mess, at first boot TTS Engine and Configuration Assistant crashed, unable to configure the phone correctly. Tried a wipe data/cache after ROM installation, same problem.

nklenchik

Oct 24, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I tried this ROM, it's a mess, at first boot TTS Engine and Configuration Assistant crashed, unable to configure the phone correctly. Tried a wipe data/cache after ROM installation, same problem.
Really? I had 0 problems other the camera issue. The battery is quite good but I switched to carbon for the time being until that gets resolved.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

moha07

Sep 29, 2012
chennai
will this rom work on moto g dual sim or not

yesterday i have installed codename lungo on my moto g xt1033
its not working on my device it says set up wizard fc . after selecting the language set up is fc

nklenchik

Oct 24, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Update, aw yeahh

EDIT- Since I've flashed I've noticed:
Performance is great, as it was before.
RAM bug seen in other ROMs isn't here, which is a good thing.
Camera still freezes, but I know that's a CM bug.

Is there a AOSPA version of Lungo for Peregrine?

Edit 2:

Solve your camera freezing and use CameraNext

Last edited:

nbock97

Apr 14, 2012
Tried some roms (carbon, aosb, stock modified) and this is best so far :) thank you for this great rom works smooth and good !

FelixMG

Jan 13, 2013
Brazil
I'm running this ROM for about 6 hours and I already can say that this is the best ROM. Smooth and small, perfect! Thanks for bring this ROM to our peregrine.

Reactions: nklenchik

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Overview
    Codename Lungo is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices. Based on CyanogenMod, Codename Lungo is designed to increase battery life and size over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers.

Features
    • Great Base
    • Lightweight & Fast
    • No Bloatware!
    • Longer Battery Life
    • Custom Launcher
    • Add-ons
    • Community Driven
    • And so much more...

Screenshots

Changelog

Credits and Acknowledgments
    check the Codename Lungo website ;)

Links & Other info

Facebook & Google+!
    Codename Lungo is a Community driven ROM! So we now have a Facebook Group and a Google+ Page & Community
    Here you can post mods, new ideas or just chat about the ROM!
    Enjoy and JOIN! Facebook Page | Google+

Download ROM!
    @ Codename Lungo Website​

XDA:DevDB Information
    Codename Lungo , ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    TimV_
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: CM11
    Beta Release Date: 2014-11-17

Created 2014-09-04
    Last Updated 2015-01-15
    Gonna try this out. Wondering how it compares to stock, which is really good.

Edit: performance is great! The only I can't get to work is the camera and gallery displaying pictures taken, even older ones.

I'll report back with idle drain later.

Edit 2: Idle drain so far seems just fine to me, although the camera is still an issue. It will snap a picture, freeze, and not save that picture. I could be wrong, but I think it has to with the fact that its saving them to /sdcard/DCIM instead of /emulated/0/
    Edit 3: Camera fix as a standalone app for those interested: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix&hl=en
    Were your photos stored on the phone or SD card? Also is that the default Motorola Camera app?

With the app fix they're on my external sd card now, and it's the one included with the rom - cm camera. I tried to install the moto camera from my stock rom but it won't accept the install (didn't try any xposed modules to fix that either)
    I'm running this ROM for about 6 hours and I already can say that this is the best ROM. Smooth and small, perfect! Thanks for bring this ROM to our peregrine.