OP, If you want a full WP8 experience with great features.. a good camera, a great screen, great music player (although Nokia music is broken atm) and so on.. should've bought a Nokia 925, Ativ S or 8X, but You should've checked WP8 out before you went over.. what your talking about are plain for all to see in reviews and websites and the things that "Suck" are features of WP8 that are great, I love my Ativ S and the best day was when I ditched my Galaxy S4.. yeah you read it right.. my S4 and went to WP8.. best decision ever.. emails, better keyboard, great people hub, a gorgeous sleek smooth interface.. especially on the AMOLED screen, great music player (Wolfson chip).. WP8 now has Weave.. better than Flipboard, although Flipboard is very good
and so on..
For me, Android sucks:
- Android/Play Store is a freakin mess now a days
- The store is so big because 20 - 30 apps all do the same thing, so most of it is redundant.
- Google play has major security issues.. they even download a Virus scan for your Phone .. Wow
- With Android phones, you have about 10 - 30 apps running in the background that you never use which sneak away data and use battery... Goto Settings > Apps > Running.... have a look, its scarey
- Especially for Samsung Android, other than a custom rom, You cant uninstall useless blooatware that youll never use.
- The reason you pay so much for Android phones is because Andoid is So bugged and laggy, you need top end hardware to handle all the rubbish running in the background
And Im sure folk here could list loads more, but im not starting a troll thread here.. its just you hear sooo many people complaining about things that they could've avoided by reading around.
However, one thing I do agree with you on and should be fixed is the Volume system, WP8 really needs separate Volumes for ringtones and Notifications and a 2nd one for Music and Media.
Stick with WP8 and live a better life where everything works as it should.