Nexus 10 Cases/Covers, opinions, reviews, photos

Search This thread

kgbkny

Aug 15, 2009
New York

jwoolfgbh

Nov 14, 2012
I really don't like cases like the one posted above where it's got 6 clamps around the side or whatever, I think it's kind of ugly. Why not just enclose the entire sides of the device?

I'm hoping for something like this (Amazon link). I don't want the case to cover the front of the device like the leather folio cases do, but I like the flip cover for when I'm not using it. If I can't get one of these, I'll probably just get a neoprene or leather sleeve and a cheapo TPU case.

ender255

Oct 26, 2007
I really don't like cases like the one posted above where it's got 6 clamps around the side or whatever, I think it's kind of ugly. Why not just enclose the entire sides of the device?

I'm hoping for something like this (Amazon link). I don't want the case to cover the front of the device like the leather folio cases do, but I like the flip cover for when I'm not using it. If I can't get one of these, I'll probably just get a neoprene or leather sleeve and a cheapo TPU case.
That's exactly the style case I've been trying to find

budwizer

Dec 20, 2009
Midlothian, Va

Thanks for this! Been looking for a case like this for my Nexus 7. Just ordered it. Wish they had the Nexus 10 one so I could have got one for it too.

jwoolfgbh

Nov 14, 2012
Thanks for this! Been looking for a case like this for my Nexus 7. Just ordered it. Wish they had the Nexus 10 one so I could have got one for it too.

When you get it, would you be willing to post some thoughts and pictures of it? Just wondering how it holds up in real world use! I really hope they make a similar product for the Nexus 10.

Edit: Just shot an email over to Poetic asking if they have plans to make a Nexus 10 version of the case. I'll let you know what I hear!

Last edited:

bschrib

Feb 18, 2009
Columbus
I previously had an A700, that I wound up returning due to overheating.. Anyways I kept the case that I bought for it, which I got "used" from Amazon for $6.. The normal price is only $15.. But it works great, only a small amount of gap when it's in the case, but not enough that it doesn't stand in tripod or moves too much to use.

http://www.amazon.com/ICONIA-folio-...UTF8&qid=1353252191&sr=8-1&keywords=a700+case

Plus the cutouts work perfectly, no ports are blocked and it leaves a gap for the camera AND flash!

http://imgur.com/a/zCqvT#0 (if you like imgur album's better)

Attachments

• IMG_20121118_102610.jpg
    IMG_20121118_102610.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 2,799
  • IMG_20121118_102618.jpg
    IMG_20121118_102618.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 2,497
  • IMG_20121118_102633.jpg
    IMG_20121118_102633.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 2,401
  • IMG_20121118_102647.jpg
    IMG_20121118_102647.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 2,222
  • IMG_20121118_102653.jpg
    IMG_20121118_102653.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 2,027
  • IMG_20121118_102653_1.jpg
    IMG_20121118_102653_1.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 1,901
  • IMG_20121118_102659.jpg
    IMG_20121118_102659.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 1,847
  • IMG_20121118_102708.jpg
    IMG_20121118_102708.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 1,790

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
I previously had an A700, that I wound up returning due to overheating.. Anyways I kept the case that I bought for it, which I got "used" from Amazon for $6.. The normal price is only $15.. But it works great, only a small amount of gap when it's in the case, but not enough that it doesn't stand in tripod or moves too much to use.

http://www.amazon.com/ICONIA-folio-...UTF8&qid=1353252191&sr=8-1&keywords=a700+case

Plus the cutouts work perfectly, no ports are blocked and it leaves a gap for the camera AND flash!

I just ordered this one. Thanks.

ArCamiNo

Nov 7, 2010
Does the Smart Cover feature works on this case (talking about the one for the ACER ICONIA) ?

Thanks

Techie2012

Feb 1, 2012

Nice case but you won't be able to use the pogo adapter with it because the case is blocking the hinges

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

bschrib

Feb 18, 2009
Columbus
Nice case but you won't be able to use the pogo adapter with it because the case is blocking the hinges

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Yeah -- For me it's the convenience of already having the case on hand, but even if I had to pay $15 it'd be a good tide-me-over case til the real stuff comes. Drives me insane the idea of getting a single scratch on my new toy til the real thing comes.. In other news I really have to say that I'm happy that this feels like the first Google device I've ever held in my hands that I can't point to anything and say "Google decided to cut a corner there", it's premium all-around and I am LOVING it. :D

Sort of curious to see what comes of the pogo-pin + magnet connector (it's not been spotted anywhere for retail yet, right? Just the one fellow who somehow got it?).

jdog2115

Sep 28, 2012
If anyone happens to spot a 10-inch tablet carrying case (one with a handle; like a laptop bag) for cheap and black, I'd be interested :)
Saw a few at wally world the other day, prices were inbetween $10.00-$30.00. Quality actually looked decent, and a really nice Swiss Army branded carrier was only $15.

dannyboy22

Jan 11, 2007
What I am waiting for, is a case that looks like a leather book (or even a composition notebook), that has room for the Nexus 10, a stylus, and an OTG cable on one side, and a pad of paper and pen on the other. :victory:

MunkySpunk

Jul 9, 2011
Just got back from Best Buy. The Belkin Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 cases all fit pretty well among the Folio models. There is a small bit of play in the Galaxy Tab 1 Belkin folio cases, but it still held pretty well. I'd say either one will work, but you'd be happier with the Galaxy Tab 2 fit.

EDIT: Thanks to the other thread about the Galaxy 2 cases for this inspiration.

Last edited:
Reactions: J.Guido85

jwoolfgbh

Nov 14, 2012
Just heard back from poetic and they do plan on releasing a model of the SlimLine case for the 10 and will send me a link when they become available for preorder. Ill post that link here when I get it.

PS: this is my first post from my Nexus 10 :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Where's the pre order?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Dear Customer,
    We are running new Product promotion for our new released product on Amazon.com. We are doing a little different than other brand for charging more when they release new products. Instead, we are doing promotion on new introductory products. We might not earn money for this price for our high quality products. Instead we are doing this is just let more people know Poetic.
    You can preorder Poetic Slimline for Google Nexus 10 here: ( Picture will update soon, it will be same function as the Slimline Google Nexus 7)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AAKLHES
    For 9.95 USD
    Hardback for Google Nexus 10 Here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-HardBa...524526&sr=8-5&keywords=poetic+google+nexus+10
    for : 6.95 USD
    Slimbook for Google Nexus 10 here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Slimbo...24526&sr=8-10&keywords=poetic+google+nexus+10
    for 4.95 USD
    The promotion will be end once the products become in stock.
    Moko Slim Fit multi-angle genuine leather case - Nexus 10

Just ordered a Moko Slim-Fit case from Amazon. It seems to be the only case with no negative reviews (and is built better than the ultra-slim). I can suffer the couple of hundred extra grams that it adds when it is on, and take it off when I am on a soft surface.

It has a 'smart cover' type feature and a stands at variable angles. Surprisingly I couldn't find a solid rundown of the case when I searched, so perhaps I'll write one up when it arrives.

Excellent case -- I've got the "genuine leather" variant -- cost a bit more (US $21), but it far exceeds expectations. Fits perfectly, still like new after a month of very active busy use daily -- no signs of wear at all. I opted for the leather version (you can pick it out when selecting colors -- one of them is "genuine leather") because I was looking for something that would hopefully wear better, have no chance of a "chemical smell" as so many PU cases seem to have. I've been delighted, and NEVER take it off my Nexus 10. Love it -- and probably buying a second one to have as a backup in case Moko decides to stop selling this particular one.

Here's a link to the product:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AUP04ZG/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a link to my review on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/review/R9IDH8WNE1Q06/ref=cm_cr_ryp_det?ie=UTF8&channel=ryp

...and here's the text from the review in case anyone doesn't want to navigate away from XDA:

---

This review is from: MoKo Genuine Leather Slim-Fit Multi-angle Folio Cover Case for Google Nexus 10 Android Tablet by Samsung, Black (with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep Feature) (Personal Computers)

As other Nexus 10 owners will readily acknowledge, finding a good case for the Nexus 10 without spending a lot of money is a challenge. There are numerous cases on the market -- however most of them appear to be clones of one another, many of them being variants on a handful of common designs. This one was a delightful surprise...

I've had the Nexus 10 since early December. Back then, the case choices didn't impress me, so I picked up a neoprene sleeve for $5 at Five Below and used that for the next several weeks. It was clearly not a long term solution, but using it gave me time to do some more detailed research on what's available in the market.

I've read endless reviews of the Slim, Slim Fit, Ultra Slim, etc cases from Moko, Blurex, I-Blason, Supcase, etc. Only in those few instances where a buyer got two or more of these at the same time and uploaded photos of them could I really start to get a sense of the subtle differences between many of these. One thing, though, did stand out to me: it seems that many of the "PU Leather" (polyurethane) covered cases are reported to have a strong chemical smell. Some complained that it was "earthy", some said it reeked of petroleum, one reviewer complained that their case had a smell like cat urine. Some were optimistic that the smell would dissipate quickly, others complained that their covers still smelled a week later. I didn't want to take the chance, as nice as the cases looked, and opted to keep searching for a good quality but affordable leather case.

Cases from Noreve, PDair and the like all looked nice - but I couldn't see spending $100 or more on a case for the Nexus 10. I looked at the Bear Motion cases, and they looked good -- except that I don't like the front bezel of the tablet, surrounding the screen, to be covered at all.

I came back to the Moko Slim-Fit design a few times, and of the various cases following this general design model, the Moko case seemed to have the best reviews. I hesitated, though. Even though it could be had for around $14, it appeared that my only choice was one of several colors in PU Leather....until I tripped across the "Genuine Leather" option for $20.99. Interestingly, it wasn't a main listing for a separate product, but instead just shows up as one of the color choices for the Moko Slim-Fit Multi-Angle Folio Cover Case for the Nexus 10. But what a difference! I just got the case this afternoon (got to love Amazon Prime shipping -- no extra shipping charge, and the product arrive about a day and a half after I ordered it). No odor unless you get real close, and then it smells like my best leather dress shoes, and has a great feel to it. This is an extremely handsome black leather, professional looking case.

The fit on the tablet is excellent. It's secure, but doesn't grip so tightly that it's difficult to get on or off the tablet. The magnet for auto on/off function with the tablet works perfectly. Closed, the case is slim, secure, comfortable to hold. Open, you can fold the cover all the way back and slip your hand in an elastic strap to make one-handed use safer. You can also use the slotted inside of the front cover to support the tablet horizontally in a few different positions. A nice plus is that there's a perfectly positioned cutout for the Pogo charger, allowing you to charge the tablet with this accessory even with the case closed.

The stitching and finish, as well as the fit, are all excellent. Hard to believe this was only $20.99. I'm extremely pleased with the purchase, and no longer lust for a Noreve case! The Moko case is excellent indeed. Now that I've got it, my Nexus 10 will enjoy many more trips with me to visit colleagues and clients in different cities. Great job, Moko

---
    Does anyone know if these cases will actually fit?

Isn't the N10 longer than typical 10" tablets?

Tested it out with my new Nexus 10 - fits like a glove, and the interior padding seems like it'll actually offer a bit of protection. For $9.22, you can't go wrong.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007R...ile?redirect=true&ref_=oh_details_o01_s00_i00