[Q] UIDS Inconsistent + Safestrap Issues

Search This thread

GreenBagels

Jul 15, 2013
Hey, guys, I seem to have a predicament with my Verizon Bionic. I'm using Safestrap 3.11 to run AOKP 4.2.2 Milestone 1.

Now, my problem: these last couple days I have started to receive the "UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable." error. I constantly start getting messages telling me apps have stopped, and any changes I make to files or settings seem to be applied but on reboot everything is the same as it's been.
I tried deleting the ROM slot (I have AOKP loaded in rom-slot2) but even after I choose to load my stock ROM my phone boots into AOKP, meaning I can't boot into the stock ROM. I tried fixing permissions, and that doesn't work. I have tried to flash the latest AOKP nightly but whenever I place the zip on my phone's internal storage it disappears when I reboot as my phone reverts to how the filesystem was before. I haven't put an external SD Card in my phone yet.

I have tried factory resetting my phone through Safestrap, AOKP, and stock Android recovery to find there's no change.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I tried using RSD Lite 5.7 to flash 98.72.22 FXZ JB but to no avail. Is there a way to manually wipe my data partition, perhaps via a Linux distro?

Last edited:

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA
H I have started to receive the "UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable." error.

I think this was the same thing I saw on Titanium Backup Pro when I changed ROM slots (from Icarus to CM10.1.2) It says my device ID has changed, and offered to reset it for me back to the old number. I let it do it, and I haven't had any problems.

I think flashing a new ROM generates a new device ID, and this breaks all the secure storage encryption keys among other problems, which is why it's best to leave it alone or flash it back.

GreenBagels

Jul 15, 2013
I think this was the same thing I saw on Titanium Backup Pro when I changed ROM slots (from Icarus to CM10.1.2) It says my device ID has changed, and offered to reset it for me back to the old number. I let it do it, and I haven't had any problems.

I think flashing a new ROM generates a new device ID, and this breaks all the secure storage encryption keys among other problems, which is why it's best to leave it alone or flash it back.

Well the main problem seems to be that I cannot change anything in the filesystem without it being reverted on restart. I haven't had an offer to reset it, and I cannot reflash, as there's no way to put a ROM zip on the phone without it disappearing when i reboot into safestrap. Even deleting the ROM slot does nothing. :(

Hikenit

Dec 8, 2011
Have you tried fixing permissions for the ROM?

Well the main problem seems to be that I cannot change anything in the filesystem without it being reverted on restart. I haven't had an offer to reset it, and I cannot reflash, as there's no way to put a ROM zip on the phone without it disappearing when i reboot into safestrap. Even deleting the ROM slot does nothing. :(

GreenBagels

Jul 15, 2013
Yep. Everything suggested has been tried, as stated in the OP.

Sent from my KFJWI using xda app-developers app

GreenBagels

Jul 15, 2013
Any suggestions? I have an ominous feeling there might be nothing I can do.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using xda app-developers app

arana1

Oct 27, 2011
Redmi Note 9

just some suggestions:
i have done like 9 bionics with safestrap 3.x and only had problems iwth two, those problems went away after removing recovery and deleting the safestrap directory in internal memory from a PC, I had 0 memory available that was the problem , it all fixed after FORMATING "sdcard" (internal storage" from storage menu)

have you tried using an sdcard for storing the new rom instead of using internal memory?
try installing the newest safestrap (just overwrite if it wont let you remove the one you have).

GreenBagels

Jul 15, 2013
just some suggestions:
i have done like 9 bionics with safestrap 3.x and only had problems iwth two, those problems went away after removing recovery and deleting the safestrap directory in internal memory from a PC, I had 0 memory available that was the problem , it all fixed after FORMATING "sdcard" (internal storage" from storage menu)

have you tried using an sdcard for storing the new rom instead of using internal memory?
try installing the newest safestrap (just overwrite if it wont let you remove the one you have).

I haven't tried using an sdcard, I'm going to try that next.
I can't boot into stock to remove safestrap. If I could, that would probably solve my problem.
Anything I modify using a PC just reverts when I reboot my phone.

arana1

Oct 27, 2011
Redmi Note 9
I haven't tried using an sdcard, I'm going to try that next.
I can't boot into stock to remove safestrap. If I could, that would probably solve my problem.
Anything I modify using a PC just reverts when I reboot my phone.

i never tried but maybe you can remove safestrap recovery from a non stock slot, dunno what would happen but if i was in your case i would try.

Also try removing the safestrap directory from your pc (i know you said everything was back to same after reboot but didnt get clear if you tried removing the safestrap dir).

Last edited: