• Nahh we are fine with the current setup

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

kairi_zeroblade

Feb 10, 2011
No wifi as well

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

worked. but a bit lag

its either you use it or go back to stock and wait for HTC to release it..also i thought you have wonderful and great devs here..lol..also on my side i dont have issues like you have..i wiped mine clean and installed OTA..its smooth as silk and buttery..you do your own tweaks as i did not include any..as i said its plain stock..

anyways here is the final release with wifi fix..NO ETA's for next build..people here want this and that but does not know how to be thankful and appreciative that someone spent time to make a custom kernel for their 4.3 OTA..

for the one who PM'd me about asking for my source for free..well i spent alot of time fixing all stuff and making it work on my unit and you are like asking for candy..LOL..i thought you are a great dev..

Final test 4.3 kernel (OP updated as well)

cheers!! and Happy Holidays!!

Last edited:
Reactions: masterinc
its either you use it or go back to stock and wait for HTC to release it..also i thought you have wonderful and great devs here..lol..also on my side i dont have issues like you have..i wiped mine clean and installed OTA..its smooth as silk and buttery..you do your own tweaks as i did not include any..as i said its plain stock..

anyways here is the final release with wifi fix..NO ETA's for next build..people here want this and that but does not know how to be thankful and appreciative that someone spent time to make a custom kernel for their 4.3 OTA..

for the one who PM'd me about asking for my source for free..well i spent alot of time fixing all stuff and making it work on my unit and you are like asking for candy..LOL..i thought you are a great dev..

Happy holidays!!!

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau

It's not your kernel lol it's them they are having error trying to connect to WiFi because they don't know how to install the kernel

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kairi_zeroblade

Feb 10, 2011
yup i know by using the stock modules..lol!

what??modules must come in compiled all throughout the kernel..else kernel will panic if wrong modules will be compiled/loaded..have you studied your C??or have an insight on Linux kernel building??i am using my own Ubuntu kernel and at the same time i work as a programmer..and how should copying the modules from stock kernel make the ported source boot??

and at the same time the kernel log prints the timestamp of the module when it was compiled..if i have copied those stock modules my logs should be the same as the stock kernel..sheesh..

here's a sample from log showing the imprint of the timestamp as of when the module is compiled..
Code:
[  316.381046] c0   7193 [WLAN] =========== WLAN placed in RESET ========
[  316.780283] c2      0 [PM] CPU2: msm_pm_power_collapse: change clock rate (old rate = 0)
[  317.201129] c0   7206 [WLAN]  firmware_path = /system/etc/firmware/fw_bcm4334.bin
[  317.201190] c0   7206 [WLAN] 
[  317.201220] c0   7206 Dongle Host Driver, version 1.42.1 (r344168)
[  317.201220] c0   7206 Compiled in drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd on Dec 25 2013 at 12:14:30
[  317.201251] c0   7206 [WLAN] wl_android_wifi_on in
[  317.201281] c0   7206 [WLAN] wifi_set_power = 1
[  317.201312] c0   7206 deluxe_ub1_wifi_power: 1
[  317.332061] c0   7206 [WLAN] =========== WLAN going back to live  ========

it clearly says " Compiled in drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd on Dec 25 2013 at 12:14:30"..and thats what you call copying..

attached here is that log file where it has been taken..

LOL..

is that the best you can throw at me??you can also check the checksum of the modules if they are the same as stock ones..i added a makefile flag for modules to shrink them a bit..proove here on XDA that i copied the modules from stock kernel..before making a statement..

if all of you dislike my work just let me know i will no further continue supporting this kernel and leave it to the experts as we speak..

Attachments

• log.txt
    463 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

it2007me

Aug 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
what??modules must come in compiled all throughout the kernel..else kernel will panic if wrong modules will be compiled/loaded..have you studied your C??or have an insight on Linux kernel building??i am using my own Ubuntu kernel and at the same time i work as a programmer..and how should copying the modules from stock kernel make the ported source boot??

LOL..

is that the best you can throw at me??you can also check the checksum of the modules if they are the same as stock ones..i added a makefile flag for modules to shrink them a bit..proove here on XDA that i copied the modules from stock kernel..before making a statement..

if all of you dislike my work just let me know i will no further continue supporting this kernel and leave it to the experts as we speak..

1st of all, you are the one who start bashing me. come one dude! what is wrong with you??? i have no problem with anyone in Xda Dev.

why u wana start the fire and attacking me? FYI, i m asking for source code because the rule in xda (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2354376) it open source, under GNU. u know that..

BOA also have no problem work with me..I can see that you don't like my work in here. U work as a programmer wow..so u an expert. it will more fun if we can built this together with the spirit of Open Source.

THIS will be my last post. I will stop developing all of my rom & kernel..no further continue supporting and leave it to the experts, YOU.

TQ VM, good bye Xda Dev.

p/s: im not dev and claiming "I am developer". i do it for free and for fun. we have an expert here. so, i'm leaving xda dev. hope that will make everyone happy. maybe sharing is not good..i will keep all my work for my self. :highfive:

kairi_zeroblade

Feb 10, 2011
1st of all, you are the one who start bashing me. come one dude! what is wrong with you??? i have no problem with anyone in Xda Dev.

why u wana start the fire and attacking me? FYI, i m asking for source code because the rule in xda (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2354376) it open source, under GNU. u know that..

BOA also have no problem work with me..I can see that you don't like my work in here. U work as a programmer wow..so u an expert. it will more fun if we can built this together with the spirit of Open Source.

THIS will be my last post. I will stop developing all of my rom & kernel..no further continue supporting and leave it to the experts, YOU.

TQ VM, good bye Xda Dev.

p/s: im not dev and claiming "I am developer". i do it for free and for fun. we have an expert here. so, i'm leaving xda dev. hope that will make everyone happy. maybe sharing is not good..i will keep all my work for my self. :highfive:

LOL..now you're starting to make me a bad guy afterall..after that harsh statement that "yup i know by using the stock modules..lol!"..LOL w/o proof of me even doing that..

i don't dislike your's or anybody's work..by the end of my day i still prefer something made by my own hands so that i don't end up complaining about this or that..its just simple you make you kernels your way and i make mine my way..unique of each set..where did i bash you from the beginning i did not even post in your kernel thread??

speaking of sources i have my git setup..

Last edited:

kairi_zeroblade

Feb 10, 2011
Ok enough of the hanky spanky korean drama..

here is what i have promised a custom kernel for the 4.3 OTA..no lags or what ever..all features from 4.3 work(you guys test it and give feedback)..

features are the same as what is in the OP(voltage control, gpu overclock, etc etc etc..)

if you are to report something please follow the proper way..by providng me a clean last_kmsg or logcat..how to get a clean last_kmsg??well upon installation of my kernel you have to reboot it twice upon 1st boot..i have to port the kexec hardboot from M7 kernel so that there will be no need of rebooting twice(lazy to put it first..lol)

also feedbacks are welcome..(no violent ones or yet no harsh ones..)

4.3 Production build 1

later on tonight i will try to update the 4.2.2 kernel..for those who have not received the OTA to 4.3 yet..

Last edited:

praveen7682

Jan 14, 2012
Chennai
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S23
Ok enough of the hanky spanky korean drama..

here is what i have promised a custom kernel for the 4.3 OTA..no lags or what ever..all features from 4.3 work(you guys test it and give feedback)..

features are the same as what is in the OP(voltage control, gpu overclock, etc etc etc..)

if you are to report something please follow the proper way..by providng me a clean last_kmsg or logcat..how to get a clean last_kmsg??well upon installation of my kernel you have to reboot it twice upon 1st boot..i have to port the kexec hardboot from M7 kernel so that there will be no need of rebooting twice(lazy to put it first..lol)

also feedbacks are welcome..(no violent ones or yet no harsh ones..)

4.3 Production build 1

later on tonight i will try to update the 4.2.2 kernel..for those who have not received the OTA to 4.3 yet..

Please check you PM...I have sent a message for you which you will like i guess..

Top Liked Posts