How to change Recent Apps button to Menu button?

Search This thread

athanaso77

Apr 8, 2007
Area 51
Has anyone tried to find a way to change the recent apps button to Menu button? I think that it is more convenient and the recent apps could pop up with long press of the button.

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
No, because no one would want that (well, besides LG).

I guess you can root and use a navbar editor app and change it yourself.

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk

Johnnynho

Apr 14, 2005
Has anyone tried to find a way to change the recent apps button to Menu button? I think that it is more convenient and the recent apps could pop up with long press of the button.
You need to be rooted.

1. Install Xposed Framework from here for Android 4.2 http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk ,
Here for android 4.3/4.4 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48484642 ,

2. Inside Xposed, install and enable GravityBox,

3. Open GravityBox, under Navigation Bar Tweaks, enable Master Switch,

4. Click back and search Navigation Key Actions,

5. Under Recent Key, you can change Single Tap action to "Show Menu",
Long Press action to "Recent apps",

6. Reboot, Done!

Last edited:
Reactions: athanaso77

athanaso77

Apr 8, 2007
Area 51
Thanks for the reply.

I have already tried that but with kitkat version of gravitybox cause I am on GPe rom but it does not work. Have you tried that with jb version and it works for you?

mathurmatt

May 2, 2013
Delhi
Thanks for the reply.

I have already tried that but with kitkat version of gravitybox cause I am on GPe rom but it does not work. Have you tried that with jb version and it works for you?

Install softkeyZ APP go to install directory in sdcard then collection select the icon you want change and rename it to MENU or any key you want then select the key from the app ...........ALL DONE..........

Last edited:

athanaso77

Apr 8, 2007
Area 51
I am not sure I understood what you proposed to do.

Although I tried it but the only thing I managed to change is the icons only, not their function.

Johnnynho

Apr 14, 2005
Thanks for the reply.

I am on stock 4.3 and works perfectly. Not sure about GPe 4.4.

Other apps suchas softkeyz, UDN, GMD softkey, LMT launcher,... are all overlapping with keyboard when typing.

BTW, should press thanks button instead of saying it :)

DorianNakamo

Mar 10, 2014
GravityBox definitely works for remapping keys on a 4.3 rom ~ not sure about 4.4. I know xposed doesn't play nicely with ART, are you running dalvik or ART (if art that may be causing the issues).

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: athanaso77

athanaso77

Apr 8, 2007
Area 51
Yeap, my rom is ART compatible, so maybe this is the problem.

EDIT: Solution found in gravitybox forum... I had to enable master switch in Navigation bar tweaks!

Case closed! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: DorianNakamo

Johnnynho

Apr 14, 2005

EDIT: Solution found in gravitybox forum... I had to enable master switch in Navigation bar tweaks!

Case closed! ;)

Good. I edited my post about that.

Gravitybox can even exchange the place of Back and Menu key. I came from Samsung phone and I am used to the Back key at the right side :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to be rooted.

1. Install Xposed Framework from here for Android 4.2 http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk ,
    Here for android 4.3/4.4 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48484642 ,

2. Inside Xposed, install and enable GravityBox,

3. Open GravityBox, under Navigation Bar Tweaks, enable Master Switch,

4. Click back and search Navigation Key Actions,

5. Under Recent Key, you can change Single Tap action to "Show Menu",
    Long Press action to "Recent apps",

6. Reboot, Done!
    GravityBox definitely works for remapping keys on a 4.3 rom ~ not sure about 4.4. I know xposed doesn't play nicely with ART, are you running dalvik or ART (if art that may be causing the issues).

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Case closed! ;)