[HOWTO] Get most Gameloft games compatible with the S4 HTC One X

Search This thread

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
To get most games compatible with the S4 HTC One X, we need to edit our build.prop file to match that of a Galaxy Note.
Also, there is a multitouch bug in AOKP and CM9 right now where if you hold one finger and put on another, as soon as you pick up one finger the system will stop recognizing the other finger as well. This leads to a really annoying FPS experience. I'd recommend running another custom ROM that is built off stock for now if you plan on playing a game that uses this type of control.

1. Navigate to /system/ and open the build.prop file from a file manager of your choice that has root access (I prefer Root Explorer from the Play Store)

2. Change the following values to the ones in bold:

ro.product.model=GT-N700
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=GT-N700
ro.product.device=galaxynote
ro.product.board=MSM8960
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.build.product=galaxynote

The values are case sensitive by the way.

3. Reboot and then try to download the game data again. There should no longer be a "This game is not compatible with your device" error.

Having issues? Make sure there are no other instances of ro.product.model in your build.prop. Some ROMs may do this. If it does have another instance, delete it.

Not all games work after that, some of them have some compatabillity issues.

CONFIRMED WORKING:
N.O.V.A. 3 - works perfectly, these graphics looks downright amazing on our screen :)

I will add more working games as people tell me that they are working through this method.

I know the games downloaded via the gameloft website have been working fine, but for those of us who download the games from the market from other devices and want to download it on our S4 HTC One X now, this works.

Thanks to thatg for originally providing me with his build.prop file that he modded.
Please thank this post if this helped you! :)

Also, I don't take responsibility for any games that you might buy and then expect to work but they don't. This may not work for everyone (it should, but still) but if it doesn't, don't blame me for making you spend more money :/

Last edited:

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Will this allow us to actually purchase the game from gameloft or the play store or do we need to already have the apk?

Edit: I was able to download it but I am getting the not compatible error. Are there other lines in the build.prop that need to be edited?

Last edited:

rohan32

Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
Will this allow us to actually purchase the game from gameloft or the play store or do we need to already have the apk?

Edit: I was able to download it but I am getting the not compatible error. Are there other lines in the build.prop that need to be edited?

I believe it has been working fine from gameloft.com, since they have some special "for evita" section on their website or something. I personally have never bought off their website though.

The apk from the market doesn't work with the HTC One X though, so I just grabbed the APK from my old device and put it on here, did the mod, and it worked.

I'm not sure about whether it will allow you to download the game from the Play Store, though I would assume it would now and no longer display any compatibility issues.

Also, what game were you trying? Did you reboot after saving the changes?

Last edited:

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
I couldn't download it from Gameloft but did from the play store. I just edited the build.prop again to reflect the SOC that's in the Note (MSM8660) and am rebooting now. Hopefully this works.

Edit: Still didn't work, there's gotta be something else that needs to be changed.

rohan32

Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
I couldn't download it from Gameloft but did from the play store. I just edited the build.prop again to reflect the SOC that's in the Note (MSM8660) and am rebooting now. Hopefully this works.

Edit: Still didn't work, there's gotta be something else that needs to be changed.

Hmm, what game are you trying?
Here is the build.prop that thatg sent me:
http://db.tt/P73EE0Hn

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
This just made my day. I loved this on my iPhone and was pissed as hell when it wasn't compatible with our phone. Thanks man.

edit: Wow, this runs great on the One X, smooth as hell. My only complaint is that there are some effects missing from this version vs. the iPhone version (heat from gun is one that comes to mind) but otherwise it looks gorgeous. No idea why they wouldn't release it for our phone.

Last edited:

rubercarkeys

Nov 30, 2009
installed and updated but..

has anyone had the problem of screen being black or flickering?

htc one s/ zydroid v3.2

skydrome1

Dec 3, 2010
Pics or it didn't happen!

Can someone post a video/pics of NOVA 3 running on your S4 One X? :)

PS: About the special effects, Hamdir from the international One X forums thinks that the resolution is the deciding factor for whether the game will run with full effects or not. Supposedly, if the 3 dot menu button is there, the game will run with full effects. If it isn't, then the game won't run with full effects. i.e if your resolution is lower than 1280 by 720, then it'll run with full effects. Can anybody confirm this? Additionally, Chainfire3d can also be used to get the full effects running. Link to original post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27306438&postcount=39

Enigma_cpl03

Apr 5, 2007
New York
I have a question about this method, Since we can spoof the system check to get these games working, do you think it is possible to spoof so it looks like a oneX T3?

So we can get some of the Nvidia games going, or do the software checks also look for hardware?

skydrome1

Dec 3, 2010
I have a question about this method, Since we can spoof the system check to get these games working, do you think it is possible to spoof so it looks like a oneX T3?

So we can get some of the Nvidia games going, or do the software checks also look for hardware?

It depends I guess. Some games have very well written code to prevent it from running on other platforms. Dark Meadow comes to mind.

One way is to run Chainfire3d or Chainfire3d Pro, but that seems to only have limited success.

As for games like NOVA 3, see my post above :)

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Can someone post a video/pics of NOVA 3 running on your S4 One X? :)

PS: About the special effects, Hamdir from the international One X forums thinks that the resolution is the deciding factor for whether the game will run with full effects or not. Supposedly, if the 3 dot menu button is there, the game will run with full effects. If it isn't, then the game won't run with full effects. i.e if your resolution is lower than 1280 by 720, then it'll run with full effects. Can anybody confirm this? Additionally, Chainfire3d can also be used to get the full effects running. Link to original post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27306438&postcount=39

There are a few effects missing but not many, the game looks ridiculously good. I had this on my iphone 4S and of course it had full effects on that thing, and the difference between the two is negligible.

On a side note, once the game is installed and all the resources downloaded, you can revert to your old build.prop and the game still runs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To get most games compatible with the S4 HTC One X, we need to edit our build.prop file to match that of a Galaxy Note.
    Also, there is a multitouch bug in AOKP and CM9 right now where if you hold one finger and put on another, as soon as you pick up one finger the system will stop recognizing the other finger as well. This leads to a really annoying FPS experience. I'd recommend running another custom ROM that is built off stock for now if you plan on playing a game that uses this type of control.

1. Navigate to /system/ and open the build.prop file from a file manager of your choice that has root access (I prefer Root Explorer from the Play Store)

2. Change the following values to the ones in bold:

ro.product.model=GT-N700
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.product.name=GT-N700
    ro.product.device=galaxynote
    ro.product.board=MSM8960
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    ro.build.product=galaxynote

The values are case sensitive by the way.

3. Reboot and then try to download the game data again. There should no longer be a "This game is not compatible with your device" error.

Having issues? Make sure there are no other instances of ro.product.model in your build.prop. Some ROMs may do this. If it does have another instance, delete it.

Not all games work after that, some of them have some compatabillity issues.

CONFIRMED WORKING:
    N.O.V.A. 3 - works perfectly, these graphics looks downright amazing on our screen :)

I will add more working games as people tell me that they are working through this method.

I know the games downloaded via the gameloft website have been working fine, but for those of us who download the games from the market from other devices and want to download it on our S4 HTC One X now, this works.

Thanks to thatg for originally providing me with his build.prop file that he modded.
    Please thank this post if this helped you! :)

Also, I don't take responsibility for any games that you might buy and then expect to work but they don't. This may not work for everyone (it should, but still) but if it doesn't, don't blame me for making you spend more money :/
    Nope I just edited the post to say that. Was it already that value for you?
    I just tried it, worked for me. Downloading 120mb of 1.7gb :O haha

I found the issue. There was another instance of ro.product.model that needed to be changed to GT-N700. Downloading now :)
    I found the issue. There was another instance of ro.product.model that needed to be changed to GT-N700. Downloading now :)

Ah okay cool. Glad it worked! This game is amazing on our device haha. Especially at full brightness :D
    has anyone had the problem of screen being black or flickering?

htc one s/ zydroid v3.2

Nope, working great for me.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    I guess that my device must be rooted to edit the build.prop ? :(

yes indeed