[Q] MMS sending with (no subject) before every text

Search This thread

amorphous714

Jan 31, 2014
I recently upgraded from an iPhone 4 to the Nexus 5 and i'm loving it! when I try to group text over MMS with my friends, who all have iphones, they receive the text just fine over MMS and I can reply, view, all the normal stuff, but every text they get from me start with (no subject) in bold over the normal message. Anyone had this issue before?
anyone know how to fix it?
I have already tried a plethora of messaging apps and made sure my MMS settings are correct and can't seem to find any way to remove the (no message) from the messages.

Any help at all would be appreciated!

Attachments

• download_20140130_191332.jpg
    download_20140130_191332.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 8,711

shotta35

Nov 30, 2008
NYC & Germany
Isn't that a iPhone issue then? Group messaging does use MMS and you can send with or without a subject but boldly displaying that there is no subject should be an issue on their end. I get group messages and it never shows "no subject"

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
Are you using Hangouts or another custom MMS/SMS app? If using custom, try looking for any settings that would say to include subject line with text. If running Hangouts, I checked and there is no setting to include a subject in Group MMS or anything related to it, so the issue resides as mentioned with the iPhone user.