[Q] [SOLVED] [GT-I9505] Boot Stuck Flashing C-Rom from CWM

Search This thread

XxInvictus

May 4, 2014
Hi Guys

OK so I am sure I am having a massive blonde moment here as I have installed custom roms to my phones and tablets many times but any insight would be greatly appreciated, feel free to call me an idiot when you point out the obvious :p. Everytime I flash C-Rom from CWM I get stuck on the Galaxy S4 initial boot screen.

Phone Details
GT-I9505 (Australia - Telstra)

PDA: I9505XXUEND1
CSC: I9505TELENC1
Modem: I9505XXUEND1

Android 4.3
Stock Firmware
Stock Kernel
CWM Recovery
Rooted (First was Knox safe rooted then tried manually rooted and SuperSU disabling Knox)

Edit: before anyone asks yes I formatted data, did a CWM wipe data, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache.

Edit2: CM11 + KT kernel flashes and boots fine but as soon as I flash C-Rom and KT it get stuck on the boot logo

Thanks
XxInvictus

Last edited:

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
Am I understanding you correctly that you flash C-rom and KT kernel? What happens when you only flash C-rom?

Did you try a different recovery? Like TWRP?

XxInvictus

May 4, 2014
I have tried it just by itself, I only really installed KT Kernel after I was running out of ideas, haven't tried another recovery as others have had it work with CWM but I have tried more than one version of CWM

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

XxInvictus

May 4, 2014
And as I predicted stupid mistake, used HashCalc, the rom download was corrupt, redownloaded and all OK.

OP = Idiot :p

Thanks anyway for attempting to help Lennyz