[Q] German T-Mobile back to stock through WWE CID and then T-Mobile OTA?

Search This thread

Klivarre

May 9, 2012
Munich
Wondering, how I get back to stock for my girlfriends One Mini from T-Mobile Germany. The battery has quite strange problems and we want to give it to T-Mobile for service.

I think it won't be good, when the phone is with an International CID even if she bought it from T-Mobile with a T-Mobile CID, right? Flashing stock international would be no problem with S-Off (Just change CID and flash a stock international rom).

The main question is, can I change the CID to an international one, flash a stock rom, change CID back to T-Mobile one, make phone S-On and locked, flash stock recovery and update thorugh OTA? Will the phone get the T-Mobile OTA from then on?

Or do you think I should change the CID to an international one, flash stock, make it locked and s-on and give it to t-mobile?

Many questions but I hope I can get even one answer ;)

Cheers,
Patrick

shivasrage

Jul 2, 2012
level country
HTC U12+
Wondering, how I get back to stock for my girlfriends One Mini from T-Mobile Germany. The battery has quite strange problems and we want to give it to T-Mobile for service.

I think it won't be good, when the phone is with an International CID even if she bought it from T-Mobile with a T-Mobile CID, right? Flashing stock international would be no problem with S-Off (Just change CID and flash a stock international rom).

The main question is, can I change the CID to an international one, flash a stock rom, change CID back to T-Mobile one, make phone S-On and locked, flash stock recovery and update thorugh OTA? Will the phone get the T-Mobile OTA from then on?

Or do you think I should change the CID to an international one, flash stock, make it locked and s-on and give it to t-mobile?

Many questions but I hope I can get even one answer ;)

Cheers,
Patrick

Hi Patrick

I honestly don´t think you get an OTA update from T-mobile if you only change your cid.
For getting OTA´s the firmware and build number must match and also have to be T-mobile.
Even if you get an OTA it will fail through installation if both don´t match.
(Doesn´t matter T-mobile or not)

greet´s

Last edited: