[03/19/2010][APP] DontSleep + Wifi + BT

Search This thread

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
Screen06.png

This little application won't allow your Pocket PC to go to sleep.

Ever got frustrated when you are connected to Wifi and you get disconnected because your device goes to sleep mode? Then this application is for you.

Just launch DontSleep and either click on CLOSE to exit the application or HIDE to use it.

download DontSleep:
http://rapidshare.com/files/198578983/oldSAP_DontSleep.cab

Update:
DontSleep Wifi will automatically turn on your wifi while preventing your device from going into sleep mode.

Update:
DontSleep BT will automatically turn on your Bluetooth while preventing your device from going into sleep mode.

download DontSleep Wifi:
http://rapidshare.com/files/198646647/oldSAP_DontSleep_Wifi.cab

A Cup of Coffee would be nice :)

Last edited:
Reactions: salahe

garsim

Jan 4, 2008
finally!!! thank you for this great app!!
however i'm using quickmenu to turn off my screen and save a lot of power ;)

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
cool app oldsap!! one question. is there anyway to add an exceptions list for say the apps u want the phone to automatically NOT go into sleep while you're in them. im trying to make this a permanent solution for my fuze going to sleep on calls and some apps:D that would be awesome and if thats not the original intent, sorry and still a great app:) thanks

Mole22

Jan 16, 2009
cool app oldsap!! one question. is there anyway to add an exceptions list for say the apps u want the phone to automatically NOT go into sleep while you're in them. im trying to make this a permanent solution for my fuze going to sleep on calls and some apps:D that would be awesome and if thats not the original intent, sorry and still a great app:) thanks
Actually, that's a great idea. It would be nice to prevent sleep (or perhaps extend the timeout a bit) whilst particular applications are active (web browsing, photos/video, ebook reading), but allow sleep when none of these have focus (i.e. may be minimised). It is annoying when you are reading a book, get distracted for a minute, then turn back to find your phone is off and locked :)

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
great idea kwill. but that would mean DontSleep should always be running in the background to monitor the running applications. i'll try to figure this out. :)

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
well, im glad you all found that thought useful:D (now im 1 for 2 on the day:)) is there a way to add exceptioned apps that way dontsleep knows which app is being used and then invokes itself and then closes itself when the corresponding app is exited? im no programmer or dev., just going about it logically and as easily as possible.

NotLutzik

Feb 12, 2008
New York
Would you be able to upload files to xda? Cant download from rapidshare! :mad:
Also Would you be bale to make similar application that runs in background and while this application is running device will auto suspend(backlight off) in 10sec or pre-defined time. THX

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
here you go NotLutzik.

i was thinking of having the application monitor the idle time (when there is no activity by the user) and at a predefined time, will suspend it's "dontsleep" function. but this would mean the app should always be running in the background, which will then consume more battery juice.
any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

NotLutzik

Feb 12, 2008
New York
Thx.I dont use wifi but it will be usefull for browsing and ebooks .
Iam driving alot and with sprint phones everytime they switch to different tower backlight will go on and it takes usually a min for it to go off. While Iam driving 70mph on parkway it happenes like every 3-5 mins so Iam looking for some solution to that.

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
let me get this straight. your problem is you don't want the glare that comes with the turning on of your phone's backlight everytime it switches to another tower?

NotLutzik

Feb 12, 2008
New York
Yes on 70mph it happenes every 3-5 mins!
So lets say during that time i want to run a program that will make my backlight go off in 10 sec instead of regular backlight timeout (1min) .
Not only glare but it killing battery too !!

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
won't you get speeding tickets at that speed? :D
will an application that completely turns off the backlight while it is running work for you? i'm not sure if i can code one but i'll try.

Top Liked Posts