[APP][2.0+][20130531]Top 1 File Manager on Google Play, ES File Explorer 3.0 Released

Search This thread

Illionaire

Mar 8, 2013
Eden Prairie, MN
Re: [APP][2.0+][20130328] Top 1 File Manager on Google Play, ES File Explorer 3 Pub T

Testing so far noticed slower downloads on ES file downloader and unable to push files into /system

Sent via Optimus |G|enius

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Testing so far noticed slower downloads on ES file downloader and unable to push files into /system

Edit: looks amazing though!

AllSeeyinEye

Dec 16, 2011
Re: [APP][2.0+][20130328] Top 1 File Manager on Google Play, ES File Explorer 3 Pub T

Looks nice, but every new tab I have to set list view. It would be nice if the app remembered my first change.

More important is that it thinks my /preload folder is empty.

Sent from my GT-I9100

zwillhill

Dec 20, 2012

There is a little bug:after just installed,the Bluetooth folder default set as same as sdcard,but in fact there is a folder named Bluetooth in sdcard already! I had to change the path by myself. No big problem,but not sweet.

app's UI is the big change,looks great.would there be more theme(or just some default UI color set) in it?

Sent from my SO-03D

Last edited:

sertunc

Feb 14, 2013
istanbul
Thanks, we tested it without meeting the issue. Could it be server problem?

hi,
i also had google drive problem, when i deleted the acount and re-entered it it worked.
i don't think it is server sided because i have both 2 versions on my phone. older version worked when new didn't work.

thx btw, new version is so good :)

Maxx247

Jan 13, 2013
mumbai

wow 550 days of work!!

downloading this verygood app....

BleedingIris

Aug 12, 2012
HEAVEN

Wow.. it's time you guys joined the xda.. good.
I like the Holo Ui.. the one thing I envied about solid explorer.
The ui is nice now.. hope it doesn't get bloated and lose speed~ ,speed ~which is the signature move of your file manager.
But I have to say, something is still missing in the ui...not sure what though.. I think it's smoothness around the edges.. but cool :beer:

LâTêS†↭ⓛⓘⓝⓚⓢ™CM10 HTC A310E.
If I haven't given you link, it's above. Just click it

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Used the app for 5 minutes
Review
Like the Ui
Don't like the folder icons~just blue colour without any texture makes it look bland.
Colours also kind of look bland without any design ~just plain colors
Like the note editor's 0 to 100
Missing option in note editor ~terminator (Unix lf rf ),this is present in your current market version~ I use this to create scripts and other stuff.
Really fast gallery ~quite amazing and shows pictures fully
Overall, a nice update. :beer:

wolverine_p99

Mar 9, 2013
Dhaka

Nice job

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

coolnessQ

Aug 8, 2012
Rotterdam

I still have the beta versions, alot have been changed from the 1e beta till now ^^

Posted by the Q Master, woepidooo

Reactions: EStrongs

spliffos

Dec 15, 2012
Osijek
One thing to be complete

Only thing I miss, and older version have it is "folder merging".

I'll explain on example:
When I want to replace some app in /system/app/ first I long press app, then "copy", then navigate to /system/app, press "paste", info popup say that files will be overwritten, I confirm AND new file in that /system/app folder have same permissions as old file that is replaced. Imagine that you are replacing 20 system apps in a time. Changing permissions 20 times is pain in the ass.

That way I don't have to change permissions for every file that I replace, and this is only thing that matters to me in file explorer app, and because that function I consider ES File Explorer "the one and only".

Reactions: chrone

DesignGrits

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
Never been a fan of ES, actually I rather hate the overall look of it, but I will test and give it another chance. :D

BleedingIris

Aug 12, 2012
HEAVEN

Hiding tabs top and bottom is missing.. it can be made on demand /than having it always on / use gestures
In my phone, most of the space is occupied by tabs.
Scrolling is very laggy compared to original version.
If you're gonna update it, make sure existing functions aren't lost. Or you'll have a big time handling the trolls in play store.

Reactions: chrone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    【Last Update】
    Sorry for all. I left ES a year ago, and I could not answer any question about later changes. I’m also sad. Since then it seems there's no one to maintain this post.
    If you have any issues, please send mail to current ES developers directly instead of posting here. I can't answer any more.

A team, 550 days work, for you.

New UI, Dozens of new added features, Please take a look and give your comment.

_01.png _02.png _03.png
    _04.png _05.png _06.png
    _07.png _08.png _09.png

You can mail to us

Updated:
    Formal version is released on Google Play now. Please download it from Google Play.
    Advice is appreciated. We're keeping improving it in updated version.

Most quoted bug feedback:
    1) Mount issue fixed in v3.0.4
    WiFi send,
    Social Pic,
    Drag and Share,
    Root Uninstall,
    A Complete Guide to 2-Way FTP & LAN File Transfer & Browsing with ES File Explorer

Alot of people may still not know how to properly use ES File Explorer to get their files moved back and forth from their phone to their device & vice versa.. or how to browse their device from their computer

so, just for anyone still curious or having problems:

A Complete Guide to 2-Way FTP & LAN File Transfer & Device Browsing with ES File Explorer

Before you Begin:

1. Get your IPv4 Address:
    • Start > Run > CMD & hit Enter
    • Type: ipconfig /all
    • Find "IPv4 address", and write down / remember the number

2. Get your Wifi Set up:

Just Click your Phone's WiFi button and add your WiFi Password
    If you dont know your password, open your Internet Browser & type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar & Hit Enter:
    • Username: Admin
    • Password: Admin or Password
    Find your WiFi Password in your router Settings & Enter it on your Phone Wifi to Connect

*Be sure the little Wifi Button is pressed on your Wireless Router, and the little blue light is activated.. if you dont have a Wireless Router (A Router with an Antenna), you will need to get one before proceeding

3. Set up your Network Shared Folders

ES File Explorer can access any Shared folders on your LAN network, like any other computer on your network.. and transferring files works the same as it does for transferring files from any 2 Computers, through folders you've Shared on the Homegroup (on Windows)

If you dont have any shared folders:
    • Create a new folder at a permanent location on your hard-drive with enough free space for your future use.
    • Right-Click the Folder you want to share
    • Go to "Share with.."
    • Click "Homegroup read/write"

Browsing your Computer's files from your Android Device through your Homegroup LAN Network:

1. Setup your WiFi Network Security with a Password

A Password is a much more Secure... So, if you want to use a Password for your Wi-Fi Sharing, then you need to enable a password on your Windows user accounts, by going to Star > Control Panel > User Accounts > Add Password

**If you dont have a password or dont want to use one, you may need to do the following:
    • On your PC Computer, go to Start > Run, and type "gpedit.msc", & Hit Enter
    • When the Group Policies Window Pops up, Click on "Computer Configuration" then Navigate to "Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options"
    • Double Click on "Account: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only"
    • Select Disable

2. Access your Shared Folders from your Device:
    • Open ES File Explorer on your device
    • Click the Upper-left hand Icon that looks like a Device & a Net Sphere
    • Scroll down to "Network" & Expand it, then find "LAN", & Click it
    • Click "New +" & Enter the Following:
    - Domain: Leave Blank
    - Server: Type you IPv4 Address
    - Username: Type the name of your current Windows User Account (found by hitting the Start Menu and looking at the top, if you havent changed it)
    - Password: Type the password you use to sign into Windows when you start your computer, or if you dont have a password, leave it blank

*This is NOT your Homegroup Password.. so Wifi Connection is less Secure unless you have a Strong Windows User Account Log-in Password

3. Now you can find all computers on your network and access their shared folders:
    • Find your computer with your Ipv4 Address, and click it
    • It will open up a screen with many Drive Folders & Printers etc on your network, but they will all be inaccessible except for the ones you chose to share
    • Next time, all you should need to do is go straight to your Computer and access the files without being troubled further
    • You can long Click Any shared folder, select it, go to "More", then click "Add to Desktop" to create a shortcut on your Android desktop which opens directly to a shared folder on your network

Now any files you want to share, you can add to that folder from your device or your computer

:cool:

===============================

Browsing your Android Device's files from your Computer over FTP:

Step 1.
    • Open the "ES File Explorer" app
    • Click the top left Sphere & Phone Icon
    • Go to "Tools"
    • Click on "Turn Root Explorer On"
    • Then Click on "Remote Manager" (also in Tools)
    • Click "Turn On", & you will be given an FTP address
    • Open a New Windows File Explorer Window on your PC (not an internet browser, but the same window you normally look for files in your computer with)
    • Enter the FTP address ES File Explorer gave you into the Location Bar in your Windows Explorer Window, like this:
      - ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/

Step 2.

• Click the Settings Icon at the bottom of Remote Manager:
    • Set the Port manually to any number from 1025 to 65534, change it often for increased security, if desired (Problematic for Shortcuts, a Strong Password is probably better)
    • Click "Set Root Directory" and Set it to whichever SD Card or Directory you want it to browse.. I recommend your removable SD Card and not the Android Root or Internal Storage.
    • Click "Set Manage Account" and give it any Name & Password you want.. you will be asked for this name & password when you browse your device from you PC
      Deselect "Close on Exit" if you want it to remain open indefinitely when you are with reach of your Wifi
    • You can now browse, add, remove or edit any files on your phone, over WiFi (in the directory you set the Root to)

Step 3.
    Set up a Windows Shortcut to your Devices FTP Location:
    • Open Windows Explorer, and Right-click "My Computer" in the list of Locations in the Windows Left Pane
    • Click "Add a Network Location"
    • Click "Next"
    • Copy and Paste your FTP Address in the field, & hit Next
    • Deselect "Log on Anonymously"
    • Type the Username you set in your ES File Explorer Remote Settings, above.. then hit Next
    • Type a Name like "My Device FTP"
    • Hit Next & Finish

• **BE CAREFUL not to delete any important files that may be tied to programs you've installed, or which have anything to do with the Android Apps or System, or anything you dont recognize and know what it is. If you delete system files you may inadvertently BRICK YOUR DEVICE
    :cowboy:

===============================

Browsing your Computer's files from your Device over FTP:

Step 1.

• Go to Start > Run > appwiz.cpl
    • Click on "Turn Windows Features On or Off"
    • Tick "Internet Information Services Hostable Web Core"
    • Tick & Expand "Internet Information Services"
    • Tick & Expand "FTP Server"
    • Tick both "FTP Extensibility" and "FTP Service"
    • Tick & Expand "Web Management Tools", & Select all IIS options including any sub-options
    • Tick & Expand "World Wide Web Service"
    • Tick & Expand "Security" , and select all
    • Click OK, and let them install

Step 2.

• Go to Start > Run > inetmgr
    • In the Right Column, Expand your Computer name
    • Right-Click on "Sites" and select "Add FTP Site"
    • Name it something like "My Android FTP"
    • Browse to the folder on your Computer's Hard Drive you wish to share on your FTP server, & Click 'Next'
    • In, "IP Address" Click the Drop Down and select your Computers IPv4 Address, or type it in.
    • Set Port to 21
    • Tick "Start FTP Automatically"
    • Click "No SSL" & Click Next
    • Set "Authentication" to "Basic"
    • Allow Access to All Users
    • Select 'Read' &/or 'Write'
    • Click Finish

Step 3.
    • Open ES File Explorer
    • Click the Top Left NetSphere & Device Icon, and go to "Network"
    • Select "FTP"
    • Click "+New"
    • Type your computer's IP Address in the "Server" box
    • In "Port", type '21'
    • Mode = Passive
    • Username = a User with access to the folder you shared.. usually this can just be you computers name, or your username on the computer that creates the FTP account.
    • Password = your Windows Account User Log-in Password, or leave it blank
    • Encoding = Auto
    • Display as = give it a display name if you like, or leave it blank for your IP address as display name.
    • Click OK
    • You can now browse the folder you designated as your Computer's FTP folder.

:cyclops:​

======================

Connecting Multiple Devices Together via FTP, Wirelessly, with or without Wi-Fi (2 Tablets, Phone to Laptop, etc)

Step 1: Device 1 - Hotspot Master Device:
    • Click on the upper left Icon and go to Tools > Net Manager
    • Exit whatever Network you are on, unless you prefer to use the Wi-Fi, then just skip to Step 3
    • Click "Create a Hotspot Network"
    • Mark the Network ID:ES_XXXX
    • Mark the 8-Digit Network Password
    • Click Settings and select "Use the Random AP Name"
    • Click on the Wi-Fi Hotspot Tethering Icon in your Android Phone, Click on Basic Settings
    • Select "Keep Wi-Fi Hotspot on: Always"
    • Click "Set-up Wi-Fi Hotspot" & Set Maximum Users to the number of people you want to let Browse your Directories or Folders
    • Click Save

Step 2: Device 2 - Hotspot Slave Device:
    • Turn on your Devices Wi-Fi and select the Network ID listed on the Master Device in Step 1, as ES_XXXX
    • Type in the Password displayed on the Master Device in Step 1
    • Click Connect

Step 3: Device 1 - FTP Server Device:
    • Click on the upper left Icon and go to Tools > Remote Manager
    • Click on Settings then go to 'Set Manage Account'
    • Add a Username & Password everyone connected to your FTP can know & can Remember
    • Click OK
    • Deselect "Close on Exit"
    • Go to Set Root Directory, then select the Folder you want to share on your FTP (I strongly recommend this isnt you entire Device, or even you entire storage, but just one folder on an SD Card)
    • Click Back, then click on the "Turn On" button

Step 4: Device 2:
    • Click on the upper left Icon and go to Network > FTP
    • Click "New"
    • Select "FTP"
    • in the "Server" box, type the Server Address from Device 1, in its entirety
    • Port = 21
    • Mode = Passive
    • Username & Password = the same Username & Password you set on Device 1
    • Click OK
    • A new folder labeled "FTP" will appear with the Address you are connected on
    • Open that folder to browse & Share Files over the FTP connection
      Repeat the steps for Device 2 on any other Device you're connecting

:highfive:​

======================
    Problem Solving:

Sometimes, Wireless Network Connection Service between your Android & your PC may stop Working, and say something about the SMB Server stopping... if that happens, you can:

• Start > Run > Services.msc
    • Right Click & Select "Restart" on the following two services:
      - Server
      - Workstation
    • Go to Android App Manager, Force Stop ES File Explorer
    • Then Click to Clear ES File Explorer Cache
    • Restart ES File Explorer & Click Network > LAN > & Click the "Search Button" again

**If by chance you still have some problem, go to Start > Run & type "secpol", then go to Local Policies > Security Options > & double-click "Network Security LAN Manager Authentication Level".. then select "Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated"

***Other problems are most likely Firewall related, and you'll need to make rules & exceptions.. for example, if you use Eset NOD32 Smart Security, click "Advanced Setup.. > Network > Personal Firewall > Filtering Mode > Interactive Mode".. Then try to access your FTP from your Mobile Device, and select "Allow" and "remember" for each action that pops up regarding the FTP Access Attempt., then go back and change Filtering Mode to "Automatic Mode with Exceptions".. other Firewalls require you to select a prepared 'FTP Port 21' rule.. for others you may need to do it all manually

:p

============================
    In the interest of creating a complete tutorial, I've added the following method for password removal on homegroup network for accessing your Computers Shared Folders without password security

Method 2 for Removing Passwords (Unsecured):

So, if you dont want or need password security at all, you could also try:
    • You can also go to Control Panel > Network & Sharing Center
    • Click on "Change Advanced Sharing Settings" in the left panel
    • Scroll to the bottom & select "Turn Off Password Protected Sharing"
    • The open ES File Explorer & Click on Network > LAN, then click "Search"
    • Name: Type the IPv4 address of your PC, or leave it blank
    • Leave the Password Blank
    • You can also use "anonymous"
    • Username can be your Phones IP Address, which you can find by clicking on the Wifi Settings
    • Click on the Folder you want to Share, & Create a New Share Group, named "Everyone" with read/write permissions
    • You may also need to disable your Firewall for this method to work
    • This method is not secure at all

:silly:​
    Formal version is released on Google Play, you might update it there.
    I dont want offend any dev here, but your title says: ''Top 1 File Manager''

only because its old and has about 10 mio downloads doesn't mean its Top 1.

Top 1 File Manager is currently only the solid file explorer, everything else feels like playing with toys sorry.

just my 2 cents.

1) Everyone has his like, and top 1, no doubt. I understand and agree on it.
    2) Read it more and you might find what exact I mean in title. As a professional developer team, we have Google Play rank number record in every country in last few years. It currently ranks first among all file managers in more than 90% countries. We don't know how Google Play Rank works exactly. I know using some words might be argumentative. But It's a truth, not an exaggeration.
    3) You mentioned 10 million downloads, actually we have more than 100 million downloads all over the world, it just another topic. Which just warns us how we should work harder to not let down our users. We never use it to label as top 1.