Questions before buy a z1

Search This thread

nocomp

Feb 3, 2007
argonay
hi folks,
i want to change my htc one, i was first thinking of m8 or z2, but when i see the price, i am not that fast...
so i had a look to the z1 compact, wich seems quite nice, and i like what sony is doing these days.
first question i had in mind: is it possible to use the external microphone you can see in z2 accessories, and it seems that the answer is no, due to the 5 pin jack, bummer :(

now the other question, can you run lifelog on z1 ? i guess it should n be a probleme, if somebody can confirm, would be great.

i ve read here and there that the z1 camera was suffering of quality picture issues, did you guys got an update to fix that (knowing it s same camera than z2 )
Also on z2 they talk about steady motion for recording video, i guess it s only software stuff, is it implemented on the z1 ?

Thx for your replies

Last edited:

ascariss

May 6, 2011
Gdansk

nocomp

Feb 3, 2007
argonay
Good question about the mic, it has the same plug as my NC headphones I use

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/03/06/sony-stm10-stereo-microphone-priced-to-launch-in-early-april/

and those work on my Z1, not sure if the mic will work, I feel maybe the software isn't in the Z1 for it to work? perhaps once the Z2 comes out and the mic, sony will update z1 and the mic will work, why wouldn't they, would still permit z1 users to buy it and have it.

the issue about the external mic is hardware related and it will NEVER work on Z1

any ideas about the other points i ve mentioned?