[TOOL] Upgrade HTC Gratia HBOOT for AlpharevX S-OFF

Search This thread

attn1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2010
After all this time, there is a solution for Gratia!

I whipped up this tool to upgrade the Gratia from hboot 1.00.000 to hboot 1.02.0000 so that it can be compatible with the AlpharevX S-OFF tool for Aria now in open beta.

This tool will create a goldcard for you if you just follow the prompts.

It should work reliably if your sdcard is clean (w/o any corruption from improper dismounts after write)

It is for WINDOWS only for now, so you will need Android USB drivers. You can install HTC sync, and then unintall it leaving the drivers, or you can get them here: http://www.multiupload.com/2OFYWZFCCR

This tool is menu driven; just unzip the archive and run upd-hboot.cmd as administrator to start it.

Any questions/problems, please ping me in the IRC channel in my sig.

If you have errors flashing the UPDATE in step 2, run step 2 AGAIN IMMEDIATELY (it will show u some errors about goldcard, don't mind, go ahead - gold card is done anyway) WITHOUT leaving HBOOT or rebooting the phone.

WARNING: THIS IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ARIAS RUNNING ANYTHING BUT STOCK HTC SENSE 2.2. YOU WILL SOFTBRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU TRY FLASHING THIS OVER CM7, 2.1 or ANY CUSTOM ROM.

Note: It MAY bork wifi because the included kernel will not have a wifi driver. This can be fixed after flashing clockworkmod recovery with a custom rom, or by flashing a new kernel with a wifi driver. (see my FR008 thread or Gene Poole's 2.2.2 thread for kernels). First actual Gratia tested did not have this problem.

After you complete this, go to http://alpharev.nl/x/beta/ for AlplarevX for Aria for the next step, and happy modding!

DOWNLOAD:

dc8f7444abb1f02e438c673c6d8dc15c gratia-upd-hboot.zip

Last edited:

attn1

Mar 18, 2010
First satisfied customer:

thanks to all the alpharev's team, cause alpharev still works on htc GRATIA

there's some step to do, but not so difficults:
read http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1133446 attn1 post with assisted all this procedure...

on windows:
1 ) download the package and upd-hboot.cmd as administrator
2 ) step 1 for the reverse cid: make a goldcard (all the istruction is on txt that appear) and insert it in gcimg folder
3) run step 2, the phone will reboot and start in fastboot
4) DO NOT REBOOT THE PHONE! If you have errors in step 2, run step 2 AGAIN IMMEDIATELY (it will show u some error about goldcard, don't mind, go ahead) WITHOUT leaving HBOOT
5) then your phone has 1.02.0000 hboot, ready for alpharevX

lerutis

Jan 20, 2010
Weird, i got error in the latest steps of script.

Goldcard was no problem, but what i got afterwards was this :

INFOzip header checking...
INFOzip info parsing...
INFOchecking model ID...
INFOchecking custom ID...
FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail)

This is a 2.2 stock HTC Gratia from Europe, hboot is 1.00

Last edited:

lerutis

Jan 20, 2010
Weird, i got error in the latest steps of script.

Goldcard was no problem, but what i got afterwards was this :

INFOzip header checking...
INFOzip info parsing...
INFOchecking model ID...
INFOchecking custom ID...
FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail)

This is a 2.2 stock HTC Gratia from Europe, hboot is 1.00

Now it worked, lol, i forgot to put the image file in the gcimg directory ... :eek:

drumist

Aug 6, 2010

attn1

Mar 18, 2010
I think attn1's tool will work fine for you regardless of what HBOOT version you have. But if for some reason it doesn't work, I have explained an alternative method (slightly more involved) that should work here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14953134&postcount=28

But, I believe attn1's tool just basically automates the steps I described in that link, so I'd just try the tool first.

No this is not the same at all. This is not the AT&T RUU or any part of it, it's just hboot, recovery, radio and boot, HTC signed from another Aria (Asia) OTA 2.2 update.

This is to update the Gratia.

This is small compared to a whole RUU, and unlike the AT&T update, which has a lower mainver than the Gratia, this has a higher mainver, allowing it to be flashed on gratia without modifying the misc partition first.

This is a dirt simple menu driven two step process.

But because this also flashes a HTC sense 2.2 froyo boot image, it will soft brick a rom not compatible with it.

Last edited:

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
No this is not the same at all. This is not the AT&T RUU or any part of it, it's just hboot, recovery, radio and boot, HTC signed from another Aria (Asia) OTA 2.2 update.

This is to update the Gratia.

This is small compared to a whole RUU, and unlike the AT&T update, which has a lower mainver than the Gratia, this has a higher mainver, allowing it to be flashed on gratia without modifying the misc partition first.

This is a dirt simple menu driven two step process.

But because this also flashes a HTC sense 2.2 froyo boot image, it will soft brick a rom not compatible with it.

Fair enough. I did realize you were using a different image, although I didn't know the origin. I guess what I meant was that the method is essentially the same, i.e., making a gold card and putting the update on there as LIBEIMG.zip.

In any case, is there any reason why it would be a bad idea to flash the AT&T RUU on the Gratia, other than that it's larger?

attn1

Mar 18, 2010
Fair enough. I did realize you were using a different image, although I didn't know the origin. I guess what I meant was that the method is essentially the same, i.e., making a gold card and putting the update on there as LIBEIMG.zip.

In any case, is there any reason why it would be a bad idea to flash the AT&T RUU on the Gratia, other than that it's larger?

Just because it's not that simple. The ATT RUU has a lower mainver than Gratia, so it can't be flashed with just a goldcard, you also have to hack the mainver in the misc partition to allow a "downgrade". This is a far easier solution, and automates and makes the gold card generation so much simpler.

For AT&T users, absolutely - do the AT&T 2.2.2 update, no goldcard required - then follow the alpharevx method. Do a nandroid first, because a RUU will wipe data.

DroidRunner

Sep 29, 2010
Just because it's not that simple. The ATT RUU has a lower mainver than Gratia, so it can't be flashed with just a goldcard, you also have to hack the mainver in the misc partition to allow a "downgrade". This is a far easier solution, and automates and makes the gold card generation so much simpler.

For AT&T users, absolutely - do the AT&T 2.2.2 update, no goldcard required - then follow the alpharevx method. Do a nandroid first, because a RUU will wipe data.

Take a step back and look at how nerdy this looks.

DroidRunner

Sep 29, 2010
Really? If you don't care for nerdy, go hang out in general, or wherever other toaster operators hangout. These forums are for people who want to learn, and not just a place for the uninitiated to score "wares".

Did my innocent comment strike a nerve?

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After all this time, there is a solution for Gratia!

I whipped up this tool to upgrade the Gratia from hboot 1.00.000 to hboot 1.02.0000 so that it can be compatible with the AlpharevX S-OFF tool for Aria now in open beta.

This tool will create a goldcard for you if you just follow the prompts.

It should work reliably if your sdcard is clean (w/o any corruption from improper dismounts after write)

It is for WINDOWS only for now, so you will need Android USB drivers. You can install HTC sync, and then unintall it leaving the drivers, or you can get them here: http://www.multiupload.com/2OFYWZFCCR

This tool is menu driven; just unzip the archive and run upd-hboot.cmd as administrator to start it.

Any questions/problems, please ping me in the IRC channel in my sig.

If you have errors flashing the UPDATE in step 2, run step 2 AGAIN IMMEDIATELY (it will show u some errors about goldcard, don't mind, go ahead - gold card is done anyway) WITHOUT leaving HBOOT or rebooting the phone.

WARNING: THIS IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ARIAS RUNNING ANYTHING BUT STOCK HTC SENSE 2.2. YOU WILL SOFTBRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU TRY FLASHING THIS OVER CM7, 2.1 or ANY CUSTOM ROM.

Note: It MAY bork wifi because the included kernel will not have a wifi driver. This can be fixed after flashing clockworkmod recovery with a custom rom, or by flashing a new kernel with a wifi driver. (see my FR008 thread or Gene Poole's 2.2.2 thread for kernels). First actual Gratia tested did not have this problem.

After you complete this, go to http://alpharev.nl/x/beta/ for AlplarevX for Aria for the next step, and happy modding!

DOWNLOAD:

dc8f7444abb1f02e438c673c6d8dc15c gratia-upd-hboot.zip
    First satisfied customer:

thanks to all the alpharev's team, cause alpharev still works on htc GRATIA

there's some step to do, but not so difficults:
    read http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1133446 attn1 post with assisted all this procedure...

on windows:
    1 ) download the package and upd-hboot.cmd as administrator
    2 ) step 1 for the reverse cid: make a goldcard (all the istruction is on txt that appear) and insert it in gcimg folder
    3) run step 2, the phone will reboot and start in fastboot
    4) DO NOT REBOOT THE PHONE! If you have errors in step 2, run step 2 AGAIN IMMEDIATELY (it will show u some error about goldcard, don't mind, go ahead) WITHOUT leaving HBOOT
    5) then your phone has 1.02.0000 hboot, ready for alpharevX
    Take a step back and look at how nerdy this looks.

Really? If you don't care for nerdy, go hang out in general, or wherever other toaster operators hangout. These forums are for people who want to learn, and not just a place for the uninitiated to score "wares".
    Go to the alpharevx thread

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App
    Gratia successfully rooted

Hi all,

yesterday I S-offed and rooted my little Gratia without any problems. Thanks everyone who made this possible