Hotspot question

Search This thread

avelasqu

Apr 7, 2010
Battle Ground, WA
Has anyone been able to use internet hotspots after root?

I van get connected, but no internet connection actually get shared.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using XDA Premium App

Dedridd

Apr 2, 2012
I tried once while I was in another town, but dismissed the issues I had to a weak signal. Now you've got me wondering. I'll try again tonight when I get home and have my tablet.

Dedridd

Apr 2, 2012
All right, I don't understand.

Like you, I can get my tablet connected to my Blaze using the Hotspot sharing. And Google Talk works just fine. However, GMail and the Google Market/Play Store report that there's no connection after spinning for a long time.

dizant

Sep 10, 2010
Hi, I had the same problem as both of you. I fixed it after root by installing titanium backup, and uninstalling the "tethering manager" after backing it up. This also has solved my problem of the hotspot crashing after enabling it.

You can freeze it instead of uninstalling it too, if you have the pay for version of titanium backup. I would post an outside link to the instructions I used, but I don't have enough posts.

Reactions: Dedridd

xsboredom

Feb 13, 2011
i just came from a mytouch4g and I hate the fact that i can't tether unless i pay for the $15 tethering plan :mad:

Dedridd

Apr 2, 2012
Last time T-mobile tried to up-sell me to the 5gb unlimited plan, they touted tethering as a bonus feature of that plan.

myorks1127

Feb 3, 2011
Yea I have always just had the 5gb plan and been able to use tethering on my old phone and it worked on this one

jetson

Mar 13, 2006
I found FoxFi from google play and I'm running hotspot now without any issues. I have unhacked blaze and was having issues tethering (USB or Wifi). The add feature screen kept on popping up on my nook color.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I had the same problem as both of you. I fixed it after root by installing titanium backup, and uninstalling the "tethering manager" after backing it up. This also has solved my problem of the hotspot crashing after enabling it.

You can freeze it instead of uninstalling it too, if you have the pay for version of titanium backup. I would post an outside link to the instructions I used, but I don't have enough posts.