[MOD][V3.1][06/07/12] 26.13.04.19 Radio lib-ril/gps .so updater-CM9 & AOKP based ROMs

Search This thread

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada
[MOD][V3.1][06/07/12] 26.13.04.19 Radio lib-ril/gps .so updater-CM9 & AOKP based ROMs

FOR CM9, ANDROMADUS & AOKP BASED ROMS

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Update to Version 3.1 Why? I have done some research on flashing radio images and found some interesting information. Apparently there are 2 files that pertain to radios in the RUU releases, a radio.img and a rcdata.img. We all have been flashing only the radio.img file but the rcdata.img contains further carrier information that directly relates to information in the build.prop file. I have put together a new 26.13.04.19 radio zip file that contains both the radio.img and the rcdata.img. The .img files were taken directly from the latest T-Mobile RUU release. This new radio/rcdata zip needs to be flashed through bootloader just like you flashed a radio in the past. As usual, you''ll need to rename the zip file to PC10IMG.zip before you reboot into bootloader. Check the MD5 Sum after you download the file to your sdcard to make sure it matches the following:

MD5 Sum: 360EA26286DEC39FC8008B266F470839

DOWNLOAD VISION_RADIO_RCDATA_12.62.60.27_26.13.04.19.zip

MIRROR: http://www.mediafire.com/?vdecstne5uuvuxn

I have also updated information in the build.prop patcher with the proper information to match the information in the rcdata.img. This is now Version 3.1. After you flash the radio/rcdata img from the above link through bootloader, download the latest version 3.1 and flash through recovery along with the EFS wipe.

Several months ago T-Mobile released it's latest update for the G2. The OTA update contained new radio firmware and updated ril library files. Many of us running CM7 that flashed the .19 radio and matched the updated lib-ril files that were contained in this release found improvements in performance and most noticeably an improvement in battery life. It was later incorporated into Tsubus' ILWT CM7 ROM. You can find the CM7 lib-ril matching thread here and read users comments after updating the files.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1335127

I have compiled a new mod for CM9 & AOKP based ICS ROMS that should offer similar results. This has been tested with CM9, Andromadus and AOKP builds.

ATTENTION: I am not responsible if you brick your phone or if it starts a fire in your apartment by using this mod! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Procedure:

If you are not running the .19 radio along with the latest rcdata.img, download from the above link. If you need further flashing instructions get them here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=970809

Make a complete backup with recovery.

Download the updater and flash through recovery. This will patch your build.prop file and update your radio ril and gps .so files. Many thanks to GinoAMelone for supplying the code to patch the build.prop file without having to replace it.

Download Version 3.1 - 26.13.04.19 Radio - ril and gps .so updater for CM9 based ROMS

MIRROR: http://www.mediafire.com/?6ausxuv6ppxhs0m

IMPORTANT: While you are in recovery, wipe your cache and dalvick cache and wipe the efs partitions by flashing the Vision EFS partition wipe tool.

Download EFS Partition Wipe Tool

http://www.mediafire.com/?rcdmtauld5mp27t

Reboot your device and you're good to go.

NOTE: At first boot, it might take a little longer than usual for you to connect to your local towers since you've wiped your radio data and the efs partitions need to be re-populated with the new data. This also means you'll need to be outside and wait several minutes for a new gps lock as the new data is obtained from the satellites.

Don't forget to hit the thanks button if this works out for you!

Last edited:

jspina

Jun 8, 2011
porter ranch
OK just tried it and all is working well now. I used the files put them in the correct places and the gps didnt work. Then I flashed the file in your op and the installation aborted, BUT my gps is working now. I dont know how though.
Thanks for all the work (and yes I hit the thanks button)!

Reactions: EdKeys

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada
OK just tried it and all is working well now. I used the files put them in the correct places and the gps didnt work. Then I flashed the file in your op and the installation aborted, BUT my gps is working now. I dont know how though.
Thanks for all the work (and yes I hit the thanks button)!

Thanks for the heads up on the gps update file...I linked to the wrong file. I'll correct that now.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Reactions: jspina

magic_android

Jan 10, 2012
Melbourne
Will this work for the unofficial CM9 ROM? Also, thank you for doing this again. When i matched .so files on CM7.2, that was the first time i ever managed to eliminate the constant battery drain that i would always suffer from when using CM7. I hope that now we can see similarly amazing battery life on CM9 :D.

Also, would i be able to push those files to their respective directories through ADB? Or is it better to just use root explorer for copying them to where they're meant to go?

Last edited:

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada
Tried it with [ROM][02-05-12][ICS|CM9] CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0 BETA 3 [Unofficial].

Signal was better before using those RILs so i restored my old ones.

If matching the radio drivers (that were released at the same time with the radio firmware) is giving you a worse signal this could be evidence that you are using the wrong radio with your particular carrier in France. The .19 radio was released by T-Mobile USA. You might want to try the radio released with the latest Desire Z AOSP ROM by your carrier if you encounter other issues such as echos in calls, dropped calls with call waiting etc. Sorry this didn't work out for you but thanks for giving it a go!

Reactions: tarroyo

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada
Will this work for the unofficial CM9 ROM? Also, thank you for doing this again. When i matched .so files on CM7.2, that was the first time i ever managed to eliminate the constant battery drain that i would always suffer from when using CM7. I hope that now we can see similarly amazing battery life on CM9 :D.

Also, would i be able to push those files to their respective directories through ADB? Or is it better to just use root explorer for copying them to where they're meant to go?

This should work for any ICS ROM that is CM9 based. Right now I'm getting battery life as good as I was getting with CM7 with the matched .so files and my GPS locks quick with NMEA strings and 9-11 satellites in view. Data switching handshakes are very quick, seemingly more quickly than CM7.

ADB will work fine. Anyway you get those files over to your system folders is OK. I've actually opened up the ROM zip folders before flashing and moved them there that way, but I believe you have to have an ENG H-boot, which I have, to flash an unsigned ROM.

Reactions: magic_android

jspina

Jun 8, 2011
porter ranch
I used this since the other day and I havent been able to put m phone down! Everything works and gps locks faster which has been super useful for my day you dont even know!
Thanks for all the work and these awesome new files!

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada
I used this since the other day and I havent been able to put m phone down! Everything works and gps locks faster which has been super useful for my day you dont even know!
Thanks for all the work and these awesome new files!

After matching the ril files, I'm seeing great battery life and strong signal!

That's great news! I appreciate the feedback. Confirmed working on Andromadus Beta 3.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

vishnoo

Sep 18, 2008
well for me it works only in some way... battery life is great and all but: signal strength is always six bars = full (on andromadus six bar mod) and two bars on the 5 bars setting... settings show signal str of 0 dbm and 97 asu... no matter if im in city centre or in, lets say bunker... any ideas how to fix this?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada
well for me it works only in some way... battery life is great and all but: signal strength is always six bars = full (on andromadus six bar mod) and two bars on the 5 bars setting... settings show signal str of 0 dbm and 97 asu... no matter if im in city centre or in, lets say bunker... any ideas how to fix this?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

I'm getting the same exact thing. Never bothered to check before. Is this problem new after updating the files?

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
Sony Xperia 1 III
I'm getting the same exact thing. Never bothered to check before. Is this problem new after updating the files?

rild.libpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength

have been removed from build.prop

and replaced with

rild.libpath=/system/lib/librilswitch.so
rilswitch.vendorlibpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
rilswitch.ganlibpath=/system/lib/libganril.so

afaik all of the ganril stuff and rilswitch is only used by wifi calling (that doesn't work anyway)

the ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength bit missing is why your signal strength is not updating though.

Nick.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

FOR CM9, ANDROMADUS & AOKP BASED ROMS

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Update to Version 3.1 Why? I have done some research on flashing radio images and found some interesting information. Apparently there are 2 files that pertain to radios in the RUU releases, a radio.img and a rcdata.img. We all have been flashing only the radio.img file but the rcdata.img contains further carrier information that directly relates to information in the build.prop file. I have put together a new 26.13.04.19 radio zip file that contains both the radio.img and the rcdata.img. The .img files were taken directly from the latest T-Mobile RUU release. This new radio/rcdata zip needs to be flashed through bootloader just like you flashed a radio in the past. As usual, you''ll need to rename the zip file to PC10IMG.zip before you reboot into bootloader. Check the MD5 Sum after you download the file to your sdcard to make sure it matches the following:

MD5 Sum: 360EA26286DEC39FC8008B266F470839

DOWNLOAD VISION_RADIO_RCDATA_12.62.60.27_26.13.04.19.zip

MIRROR: http://www.mediafire.com/?vdecstne5uuvuxn

I have also updated information in the build.prop patcher with the proper information to match the information in the rcdata.img. This is now Version 3.1. After you flash the radio/rcdata img from the above link through bootloader, download the latest version 3.1 and flash through recovery along with the EFS wipe.

Several months ago T-Mobile released it's latest update for the G2. The OTA update contained new radio firmware and updated ril library files. Many of us running CM7 that flashed the .19 radio and matched the updated lib-ril files that were contained in this release found improvements in performance and most noticeably an improvement in battery life. It was later incorporated into Tsubus' ILWT CM7 ROM. You can find the CM7 lib-ril matching thread here and read users comments after updating the files.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1335127

I have compiled a new mod for CM9 & AOKP based ICS ROMS that should offer similar results. This has been tested with CM9, Andromadus and AOKP builds.

ATTENTION: I am not responsible if you brick your phone or if it starts a fire in your apartment by using this mod! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Procedure:

If you are not running the .19 radio along with the latest rcdata.img, download from the above link. If you need further flashing instructions get them here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=970809

Make a complete backup with recovery.

Download the updater and flash through recovery. This will patch your build.prop file and update your radio ril and gps .so files. Many thanks to GinoAMelone for supplying the code to patch the build.prop file without having to replace it.

Download Version 3.1 - 26.13.04.19 Radio - ril and gps .so updater for CM9 based ROMS

MIRROR: http://www.mediafire.com/?6ausxuv6ppxhs0m

IMPORTANT: While you are in recovery, wipe your cache and dalvick cache and wipe the efs partitions by flashing the Vision EFS partition wipe tool.

Download EFS Partition Wipe Tool

http://www.mediafire.com/?rcdmtauld5mp27t

Reboot your device and you're good to go.

NOTE: At first boot, it might take a little longer than usual for you to connect to your local towers since you've wiped your radio data and the efs partitions need to be re-populated with the new data. This also means you'll need to be outside and wait several minutes for a new gps lock as the new data is obtained from the satellites.

Don't forget to hit the thanks button if this works out for you!
    Important Update

I have updated the OP with a new radio/rcdata zip file. Apparently there are 2 .img files released with RUU releases. Both of these should be included when flashing a new radio. The rcdata.img contains further carrier information that is directly releated to the information in the build.prop file. I have also updated the build.prop patcher to match up with the data contained in the rcdata.img. This should/could help in improvement with switching problems that some are having and are reporting in the ICS ROM threads.

-Ed
    Yesterday i downgraded my Desire Z to Froyo and then went to the CM9-BETA5-UNOFFICIAL using CWM.

As i am brand-spanking-new to this, i want to verify with you the steps i have to take to update my radio (current radio 26.03.02.26_M).

1. I first download the Vision_Radio_12.62.60.27_26.13.04.19 radio from here and flash it using the instructions there.
    2. Then i download your Radio26.13.04.19radio_ril_gps_so_updater_v2.zip and then use CWM recovery 'install zip from sdcard'?
    3. Then i wipe cache partition using CWM, wipe dalvik cache using CWM and then download the EFS part wipe tool, and install it like with CWM in step 2?

I just want to be 100% sure before i brick anything. :)

1. Download the radio zip file to the root of your sd card and change the name of it to be pc10IMG.zip. Be sure to check the MD5 Sum of the radio zip file once it's on your sd card to be sure you have downloaded the complete file. Then flash it in bootloader, not recovery.

2 download the lib-ril updater and the efs wipe tool and put them on your sd card and flash them at the same time, and while you're in recovery also wipe the cache and dalvick cache.

3. reboot
    Ditto. Anybody have a mirror for the .19 Radio+Rc Data?

Mirrors added to OP
    Updated the OP with 2 flashable updaters, 1 for CM9 Beta and 1 for Andromadus Audacity Beta. I'll keep updated as often as possible.