[MOD][HACK] cm7.1 videocam recording BETA 5 SOON

Search This thread

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....

andreapier

Feb 7, 2011
Area you still working on this hack or you gave up? I see you are now making a modded rom... Do you plan to keep this on?
If not, i would ask you to kindly explain what you did until now with great details and what is left to be done so that someone else can take it up.
If it doesn't require too much c/c++ i can try.

ajay.d96

Sep 22, 2011
what is the highest recording resolution?

sorry to say but 240*400 is the highest

Area you still working on this hack or you gave up? I see you are now making a modded rom... Do you plan to keep this on?
If not, i would ask you to kindly explain what you did until now with great details and what is left to be done so that someone else can take it up.
If it doesn't require too much c/c++ i can try.

im on this.. but it might take time. so, in the meanwhile i present roms :)

and ICS is kinda more chill than GB :) :)

EDIT: And yeah you can also help me if you know to take multiple adb logcat in linux simultaneously, and some xml/ script writing knowledge , and GIT push, adding, updating repos, and forking them from marcellusbe's repo

cheers :) ill appreciate any one who likes to help me :)

Last edited:
Reactions: cecenac

ajay.d96

Sep 22, 2011
UPDATE

1. Beta 5 soon

2. Progress bar added at the first page

3. changelog added

4. title renamed as it is mentoned for alpha 7 (cm7.1)

Reactions: makinator66

prohank

Feb 5, 2012
UPDATE

1. Beta 5 soon

2. Progress bar added at the first page

3. changelog added

4. title renamed as it is mentoned for alpha 7 (cm7.1)

Dude it's your wish to continue on this project but what everyone wants is a working video recording on cm7.2.
No offenses but this would be a waste of time because nobody uses cm7.1.still it depends on you and this is just a suggestion.
If it's going to help you in anyway to fix video thing on cm7.2 then you can continue.
Either way nobody is stopping you.
Carry on with your work;)

Sent from my GT-I5800

Reactions: andreapier

ajay.d96

Sep 22, 2011
Dude it's your wish to continue on this project but what everyone wants is a working video recording on cm7.2.
No offenses but this would be a waste of time because nobody uses cm7.1.still it depends on you and this is just a suggestion.
If it's going to help you in anyway to fix video thing on cm7.2 then you can continue.
Either way nobody is stopping you.
Carry on with your work;)

Sent from my GT-I5800

Dude, cm7.2 has Fimg drivers installed it doesnt have samsung fimg, so the video recording is not posssible.

and yeah i know a7 is waste of time.. but i can test if my hack works only in a7 because it has working fimg. Once i get everything working, ill move on to cm7.2 :D

Sylar86

Apr 22, 2011
Dude, cm7.2 has Fimg drivers installed it doesnt have samsung fimg, so the video recording is not posssible.

and yeah i know a7 is waste of time.. but i can test if my hack works only in a7 because it has working fimg. Once i get everything working, ill move on to cm7.2 :D

Hey dude, I have try to use your hack on kyrillos rom 10.3 based on cm7.2 and the video recording work fine only with videocam illusion and not in stock camera.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA

andreapier

Feb 7, 2011
ok so in your ROM stabilia or whaterver you stated that you are trying to make video recording work (even if sw). Your rom is CM9 based, that means that it has ONLY OpenFIMG, not Samsung FIMG. So, you are saying that you are going to make video recording work with openfimg.
Here you say that you are working in making video recording work ONLY with Samsung FIMG.
Please throw some light here as i am a bit confused...

ajay.d96

Sep 22, 2011
ok so in your ROM stabilia or whaterver you stated that you are trying to make video recording work (even if sw). Your rom is CM9 based, that means that it has ONLY OpenFIMG, not Samsung FIMG. So, you are saying that you are going to make video recording work with openfimg.
Here you say that you are working in making video recording work ONLY with Samsung FIMG.
Please throw some light here as i am a bit confused...

okay ill speak in polite words so everyone would understand :D

cm7 a8 --> openfimg
cm7 a7 --> samsung fimg (stable)

i can only test my builds and check them if its working in samsung fimg.
but in a8 we have openfimg, so we can not even test it.

once i complete video recording hack fully in a7 only, i can implement it in a8 by adding some modifications and changes

:D otherwise i couldnt even know if anything is working in a8 with openfimg

(basically: cm7 a7 HELPS me to complete video recording in a8 )

:D

wacky.banana

Moderator Emeritus
Apr 30, 2007
Mod Comment

Guys,

I got pointed to this thread today. The developer started off here as a noob but through learning and dedication he is now at the stage where he is looking to go far beyond where he started from for the good of our community.

All developers started out as noobs, asking basic questions and making mistakes along the way. This is how we all develop as we go through life. What is missing here is encouragement and support for this young developer from the very community he is trying to support.

Can we all please take a step back here and give this guy all the support he deserves. If he stumbles along the way lets give him a helping hand. If he becomes discouraged lets give him words of advice and help. If he delivers, lets be grateful for the work he has put in on our behalf. If he fails, lets try to understand why and work with him to make sure he succeeds next time around.

Remember, just before put finger to keyboard to put the boot in on a young devloper, ask yourself these questions:

- What have you done for this community?
- Why are you concentrating on the negatives rather than the positives?
- What can you do to help this developer achieve his goals?
- What can you do to make XDA Developers a better, more welcoming place for all of us, including our young developers?

Thank you in advance for your support here.

WB

aditnryn

May 23, 2009
Mumbai

i think he refers to the video capture resolution.

Well, Kyrillos plans to make an update zip that would replace openfimg with samsung fimg on kyrillos 10.3 and above which are based on marcellusbe alpha 8.1a.
so this project is obvioulsly going to benefit cm development, no matter if it works for openfimg or not.
plus making it run for sammy's fimg would help to possibly port this progress for openfimg.
all we need is a bit of PATIENCE and SUPPORT for ajay's tough work!
correct me if i am wrong.

Reactions: boron123

ajay.d96

Sep 22, 2011
i think he refers to the video capture resolution.

Well, Kyrillos plans to make an update zip that would replace openfimg with samsung fimg on kyrillos 10.3 and above which are based on marcellusbe alpha 8.1a.
so this project is obvioulsly going to benefit cm development, no matter if it works for openfimg or not.
plus making it run for sammy's fimg would help to possibly port this progress for openfimg.
all we need is a bit of PATIENCE and SUPPORT for ajay's tough work!
correct me if i am wrong.

I've already tried to make sammy fimg to work on cm7 8. And got no success..

if kyrillos makes it work on a8 , then im pretty sure my cam hack would work on cm7 a8.1a too !
good luck kyrillos :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    g'day..

guys, im posting a mod which enables video recording..

=> This project is in progress

image.jpg

Note : The beta 4 works for alpha 7 only. i dont know about alpha 8.

BETA 4 RELEASED, DOWNLOAD FROM ATTACHMENT BELOW VV

FEATURES:

* enables video recording in stock camera app

* enables video recording in full screen

* video recording and audio recording quality are improved also.

* fixed switching between high and low video recording mode

VIDEO

SCREENIES
    99841051.jpg

65927235.jpg

28353080.jpg

37918317.jpg

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1894/83799510.jpg

BUGS

* Camcorder doesnt record videos fixed in Beta 3
    * can't switch between low and high mode fixed in alpha 2
    * Camcorder preview shows artifacts. fixed in Beta 4
    * Audio isnt recorded (yet to be striked out :D)

INSPITE OF ALL THESE ISSUES, VIDEOS ARE RECORDED AND PLAYABLE NOW !!!

HOW TO INSTALL:

* Download the flashable zip file

* go to cwm recovery and flash it

* reboot (no need for wipe data)

CHANGELOG:

RC1 ->>> Audio fixed (not completely fixed but i can her audio getting recorded sometimes. So im sure it'll be fixed very very soon)

BETA 4 ->>>> Fixed preview artifacts while recording. Now camera recordis without artifacts

BETA 3 ->>>> Fixed video recording finally in both high and low mode now videos are recordable and PLAYABLE !!!

BETA 2 ->>>> Finally got video recording FULLY working in low mms mode. now the video is recordable and playable!!!!!!

BETA 1 ->>>> Fixed ALL artifacts but still the preview stuck bug is there.. The artifacts are gone now. low mode also fixed

ALPHA 3 ->>> SKIPPED TO BETA 1!!!
    fixed some artifacts in low mms mode, but still some minor glitches. DOWNLOAD BELOW VVVV

ALPHA 2

Fixed changing between high and low video recording mode
    ((now you can easily switch between high,youtube high,low,low mms))

ALPHA 1

fixed fullscreen video mode

Conclusion

see me::::>>> i would release builds of this hack only if i get major problems fixed so next build might take time..if anyone interested in helping me, feel free to pm me anytime so that this work gets finished soon
    knowledge: ability to get logcat repeatedly is enough

until this project gets finished use videocam illusion -> settings - audio quality - 11.1khz
    link:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidillusion.videocamillusionpro&hl=en
    I don't hate anybody, but can't u see that ajay is lying u all?? If he fix that, i will make windows 9 faster than microsoft devs!!! U will find out soon what am i talking.. ;))

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA

I'm gonna report this to mod as it is very impolite from you.
    What did you do to give other your judgement? I cannot remember you for any development, so you better keep your opinion for yourself.
    Every xda user has the right to post whet he think is usefull, even noobs. It's up to mod to decide if something is very likely to be unued by everyone and so close the thread. It is not a user's decision and you are not permitted to say such a rude opinion.
    Due to some problems, i released BETA 3 before fixing some problems

now video recording is done in all high,low,low mms,youtube,... etc,.. but audio isnt recording.

ill soon fix it. but untill then, you can youzze BETA 3

NOTE: only tested in cm7 a7, not in a8 or a8.1a. And i dont think it will work on alpha 8 due to fimg problems. but you can use it in alpha 7 and try

100% working on a7

download: see attachment

instructions: 1. flash it via cwm in alpha 7. do not flash lebidou's mfc drivers
    Mod Comment

Guys,

I got pointed to this thread today. The developer started off here as a noob but through learning and dedication he is now at the stage where he is looking to go far beyond where he started from for the good of our community.

All developers started out as noobs, asking basic questions and making mistakes along the way. This is how we all develop as we go through life. What is missing here is encouragement and support for this young developer from the very community he is trying to support.

Can we all please take a step back here and give this guy all the support he deserves. If he stumbles along the way lets give him a helping hand. If he becomes discouraged lets give him words of advice and help. If he delivers, lets be grateful for the work he has put in on our behalf. If he fails, lets try to understand why and work with him to make sure he succeeds next time around.

Remember, just before put finger to keyboard to put the boot in on a young devloper, ask yourself these questions:

- What have you done for this community?
    - Why are you concentrating on the negatives rather than the positives?
    - What can you do to help this developer achieve his goals?
    - What can you do to make XDA Developers a better, more welcoming place for all of us, including our young developers?

Thank you in advance for your support here.

WB
    news: got video recording FULLY working in low mms mode. now the video is recordable and playable

ill release final version when im done with high quality mode

if anybody wants the link to this download, ill upload it on demand of more than 20 members !

cheers!