[ROM][6.0.1]Slim6 [m8]

Search This thread

frow86

May 13, 2011
Colo, Ia
I don't have testers for all of the variants yet thus no threads anywhere else. In theory it should work though. ;)

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

With the new build on verizon the fm radio works, wifi seems fine (I didn't have issues on the last build), calls still have the connecting or call waiting tone.

PS: Ill gladly be a verizon tester for you

w4itg

Apr 13, 2013
Another problem I ran into. While playing Pandora One it only played the 1st song and then the sound quit. A reboot didn't help. Other sounds work fine (ringtones and message alerts).

Also when on the dark side Gmail is the only app not blacked out. Tried uninstalling it and installed Team Blackout black Gmail and it force closes. So I don't know what to do. My OCD allows that simple thing not being blacked out really irk me.

Still have beeping on phone calls also.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
Sony Xperia 1 III
http://d-h.st/Ynm

Another new build. I'll keep throwing these out as and when things get fixed for a few days at least. Until everything gets merged into the main repo's and auto builds start appearing.

Changes.

Wifi issues should hopefully be gone.
FM is in the kernel rather than a module again.
Beeping during calls should be gone.
synced with slim repo's

pantmunu

Jun 8, 2011
new york
OK .. Just flashed the latest .. And the music is not playing. Other sounds are working but not the music . hmm.
And anyone on sprint getting the simcard locked message.
Edit: all other sounds are working like notifications .. Touch tones .. Netflix .. YouTube but playing music from music app is not .. I have tried stock and omich player. Gonna try some other. Let's see.
Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Ideas4ya

Aug 10, 2012
OnePlus Open
OK .. Just flashed the latest .. And the music is not playing. Other sounds are working but not the music . hmm.
And anyone on sprint getting the simcard locked message.
Edit: all other sounds are working like notifications .. Touch tones .. Netflix .. YouTube but playing music from music app is not .. I have tried stock and omich player. Gonna try some other. Let's see.
Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

+1 Music not playing, everything else looks good though. Good job.

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
Sony Xperia 1 III
Have you had a look yet at the signal bars beeing super inaccurate? Jumping all over the place xD

I could actually do with a little help with this one. I may have figured it out or I may just be in a super reception area at the moment... :)
I'm on a m8_UL (standard GSM non-vendor screwed with model) and have added the following to my build.prop as per my stock image.

ro.ril.enable.a53=1
ro.ril.enable.r8fd=1
ro.ril.enable.sdr=1
ro.ril.enable.pre_r8fd=1

I've also changed ro.ril.hsdpa.category to 24 from 14

If you're on a GSM model can you try making the same alterations and see if it fixes your problem. If so maybe narrow it down to which one actually does fix it. I'm out for a bit so can't do much till I get back to my proper machine.

Nick.

Reactions: djmatt604

nerotix

Mar 19, 2011
Utrecht
I could actually do with a little help with this one. I may have figured it out or I may just be in a super reception area at the moment... :)
I'm on a m8_UL (standard GSM non-vendor screwed with model) and have added the following to my build.prop as per my stock image.

ro.ril.enable.a53=1
ro.ril.enable.r8fd=1
ro.ril.enable.sdr=1
ro.ril.enable.pre_r8fd=1

I've also changed ro.ril.hsdpa.category to 24 from 14

If you're on a GSM model can you try making the same alterations and see if it fixes your problem. If so maybe narrow it down to which one actually does fix it. I'm out for a bit so can't do much till I get back to my proper machine.

Nick.
Hey mate,

Sorry doing ****loads of things at the same time.. anyways check the PA thread for M8.. someone might have fixed the problems..check the last page, should all be there. And join us in the discussion there aswell so we can solve this issue. Had something to do with reading levels of the bars beeing quite inaccurate.

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
Sony Xperia 1 III
Hey mate,

Sorry doing ****loads of things at the same time.. anyways check the PA thread for M8.. someone might have fixed the problems..check the last page, should all be there. And join us in the discussion there aswell so we can solve this issue. Had something to do with reading levels of the bars beeing quite inaccurate.

I would rather fix it without having to make changes in framework tbh and i'm not 100% sure that solves the problem.... just the way the problem presents itself. If somebody on a GSM model could give those settings a go at some point that would be cool :)

nerotix

Mar 19, 2011
Utrecht
I would rather fix it without having to make changes in framework tbh and i'm not 100% sure that solves the problem.... just the way the problem presents itself. If somebody on a GSM model could give those settings a go at some point that would be cool :)
Also having the international GSM version.

heavymetall66

Nov 5, 2012
Landshut
Hi Guys,
i flashed ROM yesterday and must say , runs perfekt !

T-Mobile International
Recovery:
http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/m8
Wipe for install new rom

Only thing i missed is the expanded Power Menue to reboot in Recovery ! Were ist it ?

Thx und Greetings on Mother's Day

edit : i see another bug in Notification & OS Drawer- Quick Settings : tab on Owner isnt open Contact menue

Last edited:

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
Sony Xperia 1 III
Reactions: heavymetall66

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. Our main goal is to offer users a slimmed down yet feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by our public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Slim6 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and offers the following original features:
    Slim6 is still in its early stages of development so if your favourite feature is not back yet, don’t worry more will be added with later releases.
    • SlimLauncher
      • An Open source, feature filled launcher! -More fun than you can shake a stick at.

Important links:

slimroms.org - Our official website and your source for anything SlimRoms related.

Downloads - Slimify your device!

Installation instructions - Follow these steps if you want SlimRoms on your device.

FAQ - Have a question? Consider reading our FAQ first, you might find your answer there!.

Report-bugs - Found a bug? Send it our way!

Kernel Source - m8 kernel source.

Get in touch! - You can contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimRoms M8, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    Flinny, SlimRoms
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 0.7
    Beta Release Date: 2015-10-02

Created 2014-05-13
    Last Updated 2016-08-02
    ok updated the thread and pointed at my current maintainer build until the weekly automated builds kick in again :)
    I've been tracking down an issue before throwing out a new build. Hopefully I'll get it sorted in the next few hours. Should have automated builds again shortly though.
    Was bored so i made this runs well.

Unofficial Download Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95832962473397821

At least for me on every reboot you have to go to carrier settings and choose your provider .
    Sprint has a issue i guess