[REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JWR66Y / 4.3

Search This thread

sharky34

Jul 1, 2009
The OTA is looking for 4.2.1, so that's what you need. Randomphantasmagoria.com has backups of all the old factory images so you can grab it from there. Good idea to keep the image of your current build on your PC in the future. ;)
Smart advice, I will look for it.

Out of curiosity, what kernel do you run on both devices? Did you disable Logger in the settings to save battery, by chance?
My devices are stock but rooted.

Mirkochip

Apr 25, 2012
I have the debuggerd issue, too, on both my Galaxy Nexus and my Nexus 7.
The issue is there when accepting the OTA upgrade or when trying to upgrade through CMW recovery.

There is something I don't get on your workaround. Do you extract the debuggerd file from the 422 factory image? from the system.img file you find when unzipping?
In fact, I am actually running 421 but the factory images for JOP40D are no longer available.

Thank you for your help.

Obviously from 4.2.1 ;)

Su_Tweetz

Jun 22, 2012
Colombo
Hi guys,

I'm running stock firmware with stock recovery in my rooted Galaxy Nexus (takju). My girlfriend got the OTA update (same phone as mine but not rooted) two days back.

So last night I manually updated my to JDQ39 from JOP40D (method 2 in the OP). The update went fine and I rooted the phone afterwards as well. But however since the update, my data connection is not working. Even wi-fi is not working.

There are no saved APN settings in my APN list anymore. And when I try to include an APN, after saving it it won't appear in the APN menu so basically my phone is dead in data connectivity.

Calls and SMSs and everything else is working fine. This is the only issue I have come across. What do you guys think that I should do?

Can I re-flash the update? I'm not sure about this because the zip says JDQ39 from JOP40D and since now i'm already in JDQ39 is it possible to do so? Or is this something to do with the radio not being flashed properly? In that case can I flash only the radio and see?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

I just flashed the radio from the JOP40D image I had (radio-maguro-i9250xxlh1) using adb. This managed to solve the problem.

Last edited:

yunle

Apr 26, 2011
Winnipeg
The OTA is looking for 4.2.1, so that's what you need. Randomphantasmagoria.com has backups of all the old factory images so you can grab it from there. Good idea to keep the image of your current build on your PC in the future. ;)

Out of curiosity, what kernel do you run on both devices? Did you disable Logger in the settings to save battery, by chance?

Thanks a lot, that helped!

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

The OPs explain how to extract it from Google's factory image yourself. Go read and do so.

Yeah I know how to extract files from factory images, but just couldnt find the factory image for 4.2.1. Just got it from randomphantasmagoria.com

Reactions: osm0sis

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20

jurassic98

Aug 26, 2012
Hi efrant:

>>Method 1 - CWM 5.5.0.2 or 5.5.0.4 (i.e., NON-touch) recovery installed
Thank you for your great articles.

I have question.
I have CWM V.6.0.1.0 Unlocked bootloader and rooted with "SuperSu" apps installed - Galaxy Nexus phone .
Android 4.1.1 - JR003C - Takju.

So can I use Revoke's Method one to upgrade stock firmware 4.2.2 Takju without worry about " updates will change the permissions on the su binary so, in effect, you will lose root ". Do you still need install "supercurio's OTA Rootkeeper" before I flash Android 4.2.2 with Revoke's method1?
Reference : "http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28661716&postcount=908"

Thanks!!

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

>6) BEFORE you do all this, or, for those with an unlocked bootloader or CWM installed, just re-flash ChainsDD's Superuser zip file found here in CWM, or manually change the permission via ADB (mount the system and chmod 4755 /system/bin/su) while booted in CWM.

This is what I am not clear.
This is what I have :CWM V.6.0.1.0 Unlocked bootloader and rooted with "SuperSu" apps installed - Android 4.1.1 - JR003C - Takju.

I have SuperSU apps installed I think it was from google playstore. So just download ChainsDD's Superuser.zip and sideloading/installing it?
BEFORE I do any firmware update ? Correct?

efrant

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi efrant:

I have question.
I have CWM V.6.0.1.0 Unlocked bootloader and rooted with "SuperSu" apps installed - Galaxy Nexus phone .

So can I use Revoke's Method one to upgrade stock firmware 4.2.2 Takju without worry about " updates will change the permissions on the su binary so, in effect, you will lose root ". Do you still need install "supercurio's OTA Rootkeeper" before I flash Android 4.2.2 with Revoke's method1?

Thanks!!

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

>6) BEFORE you do all this, or, for those with an unlocked bootloader or CWM installed, just re-flash ChainsDD's Superuser zip file found here in CWM, or manually change the permission via ADB (mount the system and chmod 4755 /system/bin/su) while booted in CWM.

This is what I have :CWM V.6.0.1.0 Unlocked bootloader and rooted with "SuperSu" apps installed - Android 4.1.1 - JR003C - Takju.

I have SuperSU apps installed I think it was from google playstore. So just download ChainsDD's Superuser.zip and sideloading/installing it?
Since your bootloader is unlocked, it doesn't matter if you lose root or CWM. You can easily get both back with no effort at all. Once you install the update. Go here to root.

le_prof

Sep 10, 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: [REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JDQ39 / 4.

Hi efrant:

I have question.

Thanks!!

I you use the most recent cwm recoveries (i. e. 6.0.x.x), you should be prompted to keep (or not to keep) : 1) root; and 2) the custom recovery. Works like charm. Root keeper not needed anymore. But to make sure, I would install the latest 6.0.x.x. cwm recovery.

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus avec Tapatalk

jurassic98

Aug 26, 2012
Hi Efrant and other expertise:

So I now understand better, will you please approve my steps?

1) Copy the Stock JDQ39 (4.2.2) to /sdcard on my device;
2) Reboot into my ClockWorModRecovery v.6.0.1.0;
3) Select "install zip from sdcard";
3) Select "choose zip from sdcard";
4) Select the update the you just copied to your device;
5) Wait until it completes. Reboot.

Then Root Use folliwng your (efrant's post)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26328017&postcount=123

Then get new ClockModRecovery v6.0.2.3 from http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager/

I will use instruction of following http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1357642 only
and install latest ClockModRecovery v6.0.2.3. (2nd part)

This is all I understood and learn from Efrant's article.
Thank you.

What is different from [ROM][OTA][GSM] Android 4.2.2 JDQ39: Rooted Busybox Deodexed/Odexed (2/12/13) ? and the JDQ39 here?
SO confused...which to download..
But I have this "bigxie_maguro_OTA_JRO03C-signed" currently installed.

thank you!

Last edited:

efrant

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi Efrant and other expertise:

So I now understand better, will you please approve my steps?

Then Root Use folliwng your (efrant's post)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26328017&postcount=123

Then get new ClockModRecovery v6.0.2.3 from http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager/

I will use instruction of following http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1357642 only
and install latest ClockModRecovery v6.0.2.3. (2nd part)

This is all I understood and learn from Efrant's article.
Thank you.
Yes, that works, but you can save some steps. I would do it this way (I've highlighted the different parts in blue):

6) When you click reboot, CWM v.6.0.1.0 will ask you if you want to keep CWM. Accept.
7) Then, CWM v.6.0.1.0 will ask you if you want to keep root. Accept.

I'm not sure if step 6 or 7 comes first, but it is irrelevant.

le_prof

Sep 10, 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: [REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JDQ39 / 4.

What is different from [ROM][OTA][GSM] Android 4.2.2 JDQ39: Rooted Busybox Deodexed/Odexed (2/12/13) ? and the JDQ39 here?
SO confused...which to download..
But I have this "bigxie_maguro_OTA_JRO03C-signed" currently installed.

thank you!

This thread is about OTAs for unmodified stock roms only, although you can be rooted (see OP for more details) . Bigxie's rom is a custom rom, NOT a stock rom (although the mods are minimal). Please make sure you have a stock rom if you intend to use the procedure in this thread, otherwise it won't work.

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus avec Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts