Problems with offline charging

Search This thread

laurorual

Apr 29, 2010
Brazil
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I'm havin problems with offline charging after i installed cm11. I've tried change kernel and change rom (i'm using PA rom now) and i'm still with the same problem.
When i plug the charger on my phone while turned off, it shows a battery icon with a question mark on it and i think it's not charging. Is this a general problem or did i make something wrong?

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
Try keeping it plugged in. See if it charges or not.

Also,did you change your bootlogo?

laurorual

Apr 29, 2010
Brazil
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I didn't change my bootlogo. it boots motorola bootloader and then shows the battery icon with the question mark. I left my phone charging this way for a couple of hours and tried to turn it on. my phone booted with 0% battery and then shutted down, so definitely it is not charging. other thing I notice is that when my phone enter this buggy offline charging mode, I have to press power button + volume down to reboot my phone, it kind of get stuck in this mode when my phone enter it

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
Try using a different charger.

It doesn't seem to be a common issue.
Can you power up the phone whilst charger connected.?

laurorual

Apr 29, 2010
Brazil
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I've tried two different chargers, one of my Moto X and the original one. If I want to charge the phone I need to turn it on first and then plug the charger. I can't turn it on with the charger on cuz it is stuck on that screen with the battery icon

I'm starting to think I've done something wrong. I did the following to get where I am right now:
I was on stock firmware, so I rooted the phone and installed the newest version of SS. Then I downloaded cm11 and gapps and copied to the phone. I entered the SS and wiped everything. After that I installed cm11 and gapps.
When I discovered that issue I've tried install JBX kernel to fix it and nothing. then I wiped everything again and installed PA rom + gapps and still that issue. Did I do something wrong?

Last edited:

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
No, you didn't do anything wrong.
Since its persistent across both ROMS, its not a ROM issue either.

In my opinion, its most probably a problem with port or the board. The port doesn't deliver enough power.

You can try flashing the stock ROM back, it might repair in case something s/w related is corrupted. If it doesn't work after that, then its a h/w glitch for sure.

laurorual

Apr 29, 2010
Brazil
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I can't re-flash stock rom because I can't charge my phone and I can't boot into the rom or recovery. I don't think fastboot charges my phone. I just realized that bootloader is locked. Maybe this is the problem, isn't it?

it isn't a h/w glitch because before cm11 it was OK to charge offline :(

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
You'll need a factory cable to flash in case your phone has insufficient power.

Look for it, there's a guide about making one in the general section I suppose.

laurorual

Apr 29, 2010
Brazil
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
No need, I've managed to charge the phone through USB on my pc. When I plug the charger on my phone, that glitch happens, but when I plug the USB on my pc, the phone lights up a white led and apparently it charges the phone (slower, but charges). That's really weird. I really want to know what is happening to my phone :(