Feb 1, 2009
Thought I would list apps not currently working on Jelly Bean 4.2

BBC iPlayer
Amazon for Android
Sky Go

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Amazon app store fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Does the Amazon app appear super small like it isn't ready for a tablet? It works and will download apps, but I have to constantly sign in and it is extremly difficult to navigate because everything is so small.

hotelmrrsn

Feb 21, 2011
Saint Louis
HBO GO

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

just got this via email:

Hello,

Good news! You had contacted us requesting support for Jelly Bean. We are happy to inform you that HBO GO is now available on Android devices running 4.2 Jelly Bean.*

Thank you,

The HBO GO Team

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

xenept

Dec 29, 2009

You can get whatsapp working by doing this. A little messing about, but it works fine. I have it working. I cribbed these from a link I found a while ago which relates to the N7 but works ok on the N10.

Links quoted in text are here:

http://www.whatsapp.com/android/
http://www.backes-srt.de/produkte/srt-appguard/
http://www.bluestacks.com/

A. Whatsapp apk (must be the absolute latest version, since it can't be download via Google Play store, download the apk from WhatsApp for Android This can be download it right on your N7, any browser!)

B. Appguard apk: SRT AppGuard (don't worry about the German, the app is in English. This also can be DL using your N7, but you'll have to click and hold the "Download der appguard.apk" and Save link as.)

1. Install WhatsApp, once installed just close it.

2. Install AppGuard
- Start up open/run appguard.
- Select "Secure a new app"
- Select "Whatsapp"
- Appguard will take you through 3-steps:[*]scan and secure application[*]Uninstall existing application[*]Install secured application

Once the process is completed, within Appguard, you'll need to change Whatsapp Permissions by removing the setting for "Phone calls - read phone status and identity"

3. Download and install Bluestacks on your PC: BlueStacks App Player

4. Select "Messaging" and install WhatsApp on your PC.

5. Input your mobile number. You should get a text with the 3-digit verification code. Be patient, it can take few minutes.

6. Once you have your code, go back to your Nexus 7, run WhatsApp, press menu (3 dots on bottom right corner) then input the code.

For 6.......I had the same issue; the option to enter the code did not appear until I submitted my country and phone number also through Whatsapp on my Nexus 7. Naturally due to the missing mobile network on the device I got an error. So I tapped on the button call me which yielded yet another error. Click away from that message and if you now click the three dots icon in the bottom right corner the enter code option should be available. Good luck!

Masterpiece Finishes

Aug 27, 2010
APW calendar and quick event

I love APW widgets for there calendar and timeline widget. Unfortunately trying to add information via the widget or using the "quick event" app causes a force close. Sending developer an email now.

advShor

Nov 15, 2012
Fandango for tablets worked until I tried to sort by only IMAX showings for Skyfall, at which point it will force close every single time.

Pulse too worked but, at one point, refused to remove channels and started behaving erratically. I don't think these are application-related problems. It seems there is a problem in JB 4.2 that hopefully will be addressed soon.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts